Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
With each good player leaving Miami for draft picks, my confidence in Grier's ability to rebuild the team shrinks...

Said it elsewhere, but I'd fire Grier. Has nothing to do trading players away, but it has everything to do with drafting Harris, Fitzpatrick, and Wilkins. Forgetting that I'm not a fan of these players (relative to how most viewed them), they do nothing to help the Offense, and if your Offense is bad, nothing you do on D matters. It's like buying a bunch of condiments when you have nothing to eat.

Said it elsewhere, but I'd fire Grier. Has nothing to do trading players away, but it has everything to do with drafting Harris, Fitzpatrick, and Wilkins. Forgetting that I'm not a fan of these players (relative to how most viewed them), they do nothing to help the Offense, and if your Offense is bad, nothing you do on D matters. It's like buying a bunch of condiments when you have nothing to eat.

Looking at those 5 picks in the first two rounds and thinking this offense could be completely reinvented. Excited about the possibility but very nervous what’s gonna actually be the reality

Looking at those 5 picks in the first two rounds and thinking this offense could be completely reinvented. Excited about the possibility but very nervous what’s gonna actually be the reality

Exactly. Miami could walk away from the 2020 Draft with Tua, Jeudy, an OT (LT or RT), and Tylan Wallace. Prioritize what's important, and take advantage of a class loaded at WR and that has a handful of good OT prospects. The stars aligned for Miami with the 2020 Class. All they have to do is not **** it up.

I was never a fan of drafting a safety #11 overall. To be honest, while I have concerns about Grier and Flores trading this safety for a #1 (plus) is not bad at all.

Especially when given the current metric being quoted for steelers 2020 pick is a 29% chance of the pick being a top 5 pick and a 62% chance of being a top ten pick.

If
Exactly. Miami could walk away from the 2020 Draft with Tua, Jeudy, an OT (LT or RT), and Tylan Wallace. Prioritize what's important, and take advantage of a class loaded at WR and that has a handful of good OT prospects. The stars aligned for Miami with the 2020 Class. All they have to do is not **** it up.
i like the old Cowboys model of getting your big 3 and making them the core of your Dynasty.

Franchise QB
Franchise RB
Franchise WR

For those who keep pushing for Tua, he is going to be a HUGE bust and we need to stay very far away from him, what we need to do is let Rosen start next year or grab a QB if a good one slips in the second round and build our team for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Sunshine is the real deal and we would be fools if we selected Tua over impatience

Everyone keeps talking about how 5 or 6 picks aren't going to turn the team around. And thats correct, this is a 3 year rebuild, this is year 1. That having been said, not only do they have all the picks, they are going to be 130 million under the cap. Once you find your QB, you spend wisely on solid starters and an occasional stud to fill your team around your draft picks.

The key is to draft Mahomes and not Trubisky.

IMHO, Grier and Flores length of tenure basically falls on whether or not they make the right choice at QB with the #1 pick. If they take Tua and he fizzles and Fromm becomes Drew Brees or Herbert becomes Marino. They get fired.

For those who keep pushing for Tua, he is going to be a HUGE bust and we need to stay very far away from him, what we need to do is let Rosen start next year or grab a QB if a good one slips in the second round and build our team for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Sunshine is the real deal and we would be fools if we selected Tua over impatience

Honest question . . . .you thinking Tua being a HUGE bust is based on what?

A huge bust? What does the film say?

good question, Lawrence hasn't exactly looked like the second coming of marino this year either.

I mean I haven’t seen every snap, but everytime I watch him play I see a kid that has pocket presence, velocity and top level ball placement and anticipation. Saw him get angry in that press conference after they lost to Clemson. He’s a stud.

The only thing I don’t like is he tends to not do a good enough job protecting himself. I don’t need my franchise QB taking unnecessary shots but I am sure whoever decides to put $200 million in his hands will have to show him how to continue playing with tenacity without taking the unnecessary hits.

HUGE bust tho? Its hyperbole at best.

I mean I haven’t seen every snap, but everytime I watch him play I see a kid that has pocket presence, velocity and top level ball placement and anticipation. Saw him get angry in that press conference after they lost to Clemson. He’s a stud.

The only thing I don’t like is he tends to not do a good enough job protecting himself. I don’t need my franchise QB taking unnecessary shots but I am sure whoever decides to put $200 million in his hands will have to show him how to continue playing with tenacity without taking the unnecessary hits.

HUGE bust tho? Its hyperbole at best.
I agree, Tua looks the part but it's always a crap shoot. I see a lot of Trevor as my daughter goes to Clemson. He also seems like the real deal but not playing his best so far as picks are up and he has missed some throws. I think either are no brainer picks come draft day if they are sitting there of course it's Tua in 20 and TL in 21 and I don't think we wait.

:lol: thank god you are not the GM

Back
Top Bottom