Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
As previously stated, I see one of the 1st a trade down chip, if not 2 of them. 2021 flexibility is growing.

But I hate losing Minkah.

It sucks but if it’s a top 10 pick it’s a great trade. He’s shown flashes of being good but also has struggled. I’m not sure he ever really becomes great in the nfl. His claim to fame in Alabama was he did everything good-great. He comes to the nfl finds out it’s a lot tougher. Maybe he becomes a jack of all trades like he was or a great FS but as of now he’s a good slot corner. Would you rather a good slot corner or a top 10 pick?

I think the more likely scenario is, they'll entertain offers for all their #1 picks and make a deal accordingly. Most likely the 2nd and 3rd first round picks may be traded for more draft capital. Miami could essentially trade Pittsburgh's or Houston's pick without trading out of the 1st round adding more picks in 2020 and 2020, especially if someone desperate comes up to grab a QB in the mid 1st round?

I’d be shocked if we didn’t add 2-3 more picks in round 1-3 in 2021

I said it in the post, but I'll say it again. He does nothing to help the Offense.

If you want me to nitpick the actual player, he's an older rookie, who was never a dominant player in college, at a position where you can find plenty of players who are good enough. At DT, you want a superstar, or you may as well cheap it and get players who are good enough. I think they drafted Wilkins for his personality. They knew they'd be bad, and they wanted a player who wouldn't do what Minkah just did.

But, they could have had Andre Dillard, and he'd have put Miami one step closer to building a good Offense. That's if Tunsil was still here. In hindsight, with Tunsil gone, Dillard would make even more sense. He was also imo a much better prospect than Wilkins.
The Wilkins pick is the scariest thing about Grier having all these picks. Safe, older rookie. Going for a single, and hoping to stretch it out into a double.

For those who keep pushing for Tua, he is going to be a HUGE bust and we need to stay very far away from him, what we need to do is let Rosen start next year or grab a QB if a good one slips in the second round and build our team for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Sunshine is the real deal and we would be fools if we selected Tua over impatience
I remember my first beer.

For those who keep pushing for Tua, he is going to be a HUGE bust and we need to stay very far away from him, what we need to do is let Rosen start next year or grab a QB if a good one slips in the second round and build our team for Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Sunshine is the real deal and we would be fools if we selected Tua over impatience

I see you haven’t changed much.

You really think what's left if they ship off X there are ANY players? This is an XFL roster save a few ...team palyers...hahahah
I think you are missing the point of what they are attempting to do. They will trade any player if they get value for that player and if that player doesn't want to be here. I don't want X gone. I want him to be here for his entire career. But if another franchise wants to go insane and throw another Tunsil type trade at us for him I think that would be best move for the franchise. They are tanking and the more ammo they can collect to start the rebuild this off-season the better things will be for the franchise.

I specifically remember Flores saying he would not be traded
I think he said they weren't trading Minkah too

Yeah I know too good to turn down
But whatever
I was dumb enough to think we were not trying to be the worst team in history and was mad they had no replacement lined up
Then I found out what we are doing so there was no plan needed

Things change when opportunities arrive. Calling them liars for it's more of a reflection of you than them.

Things change when opportunities arrive. Calling them liars for it's more of a reflection of you than them.
Yeah. The lie angle is not a good one considering Grier showed Tunsil what was being offered for him and even Tunsil was blown away by the offer. Minkah didn't want to be here. What were they supposed to do? Keep him? Beg him? I don't see them as liars. Opportunists....yeah.

My point is that they had every intention of trading him the whole time...that offer gave them cover
No matter what he was gone before season started IMO

We don't need to trade down for more picks. We need to hit on real play makers and players that make a real difference.

Back
Top Bottom