Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged) | Page 83 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Minka To Steelers Trade; all rumors & final trade (several threads merged)

Which team trades for Minkah

• Washington

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 70 49.0%
  • Seattle

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
It sucks but if it’s a top 10 pick it’s a great trade. He’s shown flashes of being good but also has struggled. I’m not sure he ever really becomes great in the nfl. His claim to fame in Alabama was he did everything good-great. He comes to the nfl finds out it’s a lot tougher. Maybe he becomes a jack of all trades like he was or a great FS but as of now he’s a good slot corner. Would you rather a good slot corner or a top 10 pick?

You can not really know what he is at the professional level. Neither HCs or DC he has had settled on allowing him to master one spot. That will not happen in PITTS. That franchise knows how to identify high end defensive talent, and knows how to deploy them.

Unlike you, I believe Minkahs ceiling will now be fully realized in Pittsburgh and Miami better hit on their picks.

since Tomlin has been their coach they haven't drafted or developed a single good defensive back. Not one. And it's on Tomlin not their G.M. Colbert because before Tomlin Colbert drafted Ike Taylor, Polomalu, and a couple decent nickel backs.

They are bringing in someone they do not need to develop. They are going to let a high end talent excel.

Going to be a lot of new starters on this team next year with what looks like 7 picks in the first 3 rounds possibly!!!!

They are bringing in someone they do not need to develop. They are going to let a high end talent excel.
We will see. I liked Minkah a great deal. Two staffs thought he was excellent at numerous positions that he claimed he loved doing. Perhaps he will be a great corner in Pittsburgh.

We will see. I liked Minkah a great deal. Two staffs thought he was excellent at numerous positions that he claimed he loved doing. Perhaps he will be a great corner in Pittsburgh.

One DC should never of had the job to begin with.

He’s playing safety this weekend

I said it in the post, but I'll say it again. He does nothing to help the Offense.

If you want me to nitpick the actual player, he's an older rookie, who was never a dominant player in college, at a position where you can find plenty of players who are good enough. At DT, you want a superstar, or you may as well cheap it and get players who are good enough. I think they drafted Wilkins for his personality. They knew they'd be bad, and they wanted a player who wouldn't do what Minkah just did.

But, they could have had Andre Dillard, and he'd have put Miami one step closer to building a good Offense. That's if Tunsil was still here. In hindsight, with Tunsil gone, Dillard would make even more sense. He was also imo a much better prospect than Wilkins.

Agreed with you then and I agree now. That Wilkins pick made no sense. Him being high character is probably why they made the pick cause they knew what was coming. Also in agreement that we should build the heck out of the offense this coming offseason. Build around the new QB (hopefully tua). Oline in free agency. Tua, Jeudy/Wallace, and another olineman in the first. Lot harder to build an offense but once built its easier to maintain.

Agreed with you then and I agree now. That Wilkins pick made no sense. Him being high character is probably why they made the pick cause they knew what was coming. Also in agreement that we should build the heck out of the offense this coming offseason. Build around the new QB (hopefully tua). Oline in free agency. Tua, Jeudy/Wallace, and another olineman in the first. Lot harder to build an offense but once built its easier to maintain.
Any draft guide or expert will tell you Wilkins was the best value at our pick, thats why we took him where we did oh and also godchaux and taylor were trash.. Is Andre Dillard destroying RE's or something you guys keep talking about him like he is a monster or something after 2 weeks :ponder:

You can not really know what he is at the professional level. Neither HCs or DC he has had settled on allowing him to master one spot. That will not happen in PITTS. That franchise knows how to identify high end defensive talent, and knows how to deploy them.

Unlike you, I believe Minkahs ceiling will now be fully realized in Pittsburgh and Miami better hit on their picks.

I've seen this statement from you several times now, but never any indication of what that ceiling is.

Edit: Ok you did a lil further down this time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom