mitchell vs. Thompson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mitchell vs. Thompson

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Freddie Mitchell complained that TO was taking all of his catches away.

Thompson felt bad that he was not living up to his contract so he took not only one but two pay cuts.

Thompson gets my vote.
Great point.

D.T. played pretty well as a 3rd WR. He now has competition with Boston for that 3rd spot. Mitchell will not come here to compete as a 4th when he has offers to play the #2 and at worse the #3 slot on a few teams.

finmann said:
Derrius Thompson just flat out sucks.

ok then why did he score 4 tds last year and how many did mitchell score, like 1?o yeah and two lucky ones in the playoffs

Thompson, better attitude, cheaper contract...and he played pretty good last year.

dolfan2010 said:
whos better player Freddie Mitchell or D. Thompson..............take in to consideration how they helped thier teams, age,..we know whos got the worst attitude....Mitchell wins that hands down...MItchell is younger and a former 1st rd pick...with plenty of time to some how mature...seems as if he had the skillzs but....well i stop there you all fill in the rest...........

.........and still more of these "we should add Freddie" threads. Are people really that bored? Are they really that naive and stupid to see just how bad of a player and teammate Freddie Mitchell is?

enigmatics said:
.........and still more of these "we should add Freddie" threads. Are people really that bored? Are they really that naive and stupid to see just how bad of a player and teammate Freddie Mitchell is?

This is just another one of those "Player X is better than our guy, let's get him" threads.

Also Thompson had 1/2 year of good stats in Wash. So in the battle of the wrs who have done almost nothing, Thompson has done more. Throw in better attitude and probably cheaper price. I'll take Thompson.

Lets see Freddie's QB is Donovon Mcnabb and Thompson's QB was Fiedler and Feeley IMO Thompson hasnt played with a probowl QB his whole career like ol' Freddie and Freddie still hasnt done anything. Who knows what Thompson could do if he were playin with a good QB. My vote is DT

Agua said:
This is just another one of those "Player X is better than our guy, let's get him" threads.

It just boggles my mind. Have they not watched Freddie at any point in his career so far? Have they not seen the crass, whiny interviews he's given? I mean this man legimately griped about not getting enough balls because T.O. was getting them. That shows the mentality Freddie Mitchell is carrying. He's not smart enough or mature enough to admit he's not a star in this league, let alone a quality starting second reciever, but he still tries to talk like one. He had his chance in Philly, what did he do when T.O. wasn't there? Nothin'. And he was workin' with one of the better franchises in the league and one of the better QB's in the league. You can't ask for more.

d. thompson. he had decent production compared to the crap he did as a starter.

Some good points all around. Thompson is not a bad #4 at all, but above all, its just not worth it to bring in a guy like Freddie to compete for a #4 spot. With Boston back, and Ricky looming, we dont need any more headcases, especially in such an inconsequential role.

Back
Top Bottom