Mjd's Mock On Nfln....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The Ghost, Apr 15, 2018 at 1:28 PM.

1. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

20180415_132312.jpg
    Anyone catch that on nfl mock draft live?

McGlinchey and J.Jackson going 8th and 9th. If either of those players crack the top 10 we are golden.

He has us trading down with GB and taking Minkah 14th. Edmunds goes 13th.

I couldnt imagine a scenario in which we would willing pass on Edmunds but with Ward and Fitzpatrick also still there (and Mayfield who goes 12th to Denver) it would be a dream scenario.

Trading down 3-4 spots and getting that 3rd we covet is ideal IMO.

The next 11 days are going to feel like an eternity. I really need to do some fishing to occupy my time. I already know im not getting any work done until May.

2. Jay131866

Jay131866 Scout Team

I also want to trade down if possible and pickup another 2nd...but if Mayfield, Rosen, or Edmunds make it to 11 I would prob stand pat and take them. Especially in a weak draft class.

3. claytonduper

claytonduper Starter

I would make that trade with Denver. Getting another top pick will help this team's depth. It will also give us a better shot at a mid-tier QB project for our backup role.

4. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

To acquire an extra pick and still land Fitzpatrick would be A-okay with me!

Marino1313, Greer17 and outlawd2u like this.
  5. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Did you mean Green Bay?

Or are you saying you would try and force Denver to move up a pick? If Arizona is in the mix maybe.

Buffalo moving to 5th helps open up possibilities for us. It also means Josh Allen or Josh Rosen is a Bill. I dont want to see that.

As a fan of the whole draft process, i think this is going to be the most interesting one in recent memory. Soooo many possibilities. So many players evenly ranked. No off field issues stealing headlines. Can't wait.

6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

If we could trade down a few spots and still land Fitzpatrick that would be amazing

Assuming all of the ideal 4 defenders (imo) all go in front of us (fitz, James, smith, Edmunds) i would for sure target LVE in a trade down

7. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

I'd put Edmunds and Fitzpatrick in a tier above James and Smith, for us.

I think because we have Reshad (who has been getting the Tannehill treatment) id rather have a truer FS but no question Derwin could play on my team anyday. Edmunds i feel is better than Smith but its not a wide gap.

I still like Vea, Ward and Davenport and if we could a 3rd rounder and one of those top guys i'd be hard pressed to pass.

spiketex and rickd13 like this.
  8. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

Edmunds is the one player in this draft that we absolutely cannot pass on. However, picking up an extra pick and still getting Minkah would be huge. I wouldn't pass on Edmunds though. I don't care who is on the board or what the trade offers are.

You're talking about an NFL ready 19 year old with the absolute top level potential. Not to mention that he fills our biggest area of need. In next year's draft, a weaker QB class, he would easily be a top 3-5 pick. Personally, I wouldn't draft Chubb over him. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft with all things considered.

I agree that Edmunds and Smith are close, but Edmunds' potential/ceiling is what bumps him ahead. Fitzpatrick vs. James is more debatable. These four guys.... We've got to walk away from this draft with one of them. That's for certain.

BSQ, NBP81, Fintastic17 and 3 others like this.
  9. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If 4 QB's go top 10 then there's going to be at least 2 or 3 very good players on the board when we pick.
    lets say the 4 QB's plus Barkley,Chubbs and Nelson. That's 7.........then lets say that Edmunds goes too so that's 8. Vea could go to the raiders so that's 9.
    The other one could be Ward going top 10 so now so still have Smith, Minkah and James on the board along with Davenport and Vander. Keep on mind that is possible one team goes WR in the top 10 and that drops another guys down.

10. RMLogic

RMLogic Member

I suggest you watch Edmunds tape vs Miami. He was chasing way too plays from behind. He was not a factor at all. He did not play very well against Clemson either. Pass.

MiamiMuss likes this.
  11. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

In this scenario I try to move down 2-3 spots and pick up a third and still be assured one of those guys.

If I can't make a small drop back then I'd just stand pat and take one at 11.

Danny likes this.
  12. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

I would be willing to bet my life that Cleveland is taking a QB at one. If they are really insane, they wait until pick four, so MJD's mock draft is beyond stupid. Barkley over your choice of a strong QB class is just not worth debating about.

13. BlueUndertow

BlueUndertow Well-Known Member

Trade downs from a prime draft position are too risky. You should only do it if the player you actually really want isn't available and don't like the alternatives.

You trade down with Mayfield/Fitzpatrick/Edmunds still on the board, you're playing Russian roulette without knowing how many bullets are in the barrel.

phintim, NBP81, Phins28 and 4 others like this.
  14. Rolltide03

Rolltide03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

What do you like about Edmunds so much?

LargoFin likes this.
  15. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

would be a total steal

16. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

If one of the top QBs are still there and we can move down one with the Bills and still get Fitz or Edmunds....talk about ideal.

Travis34 likes this.
  17. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

This board seems to love LVE. Rashaan Evans is a better player and is more NFL ready

kdog69 likes this.
  18. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

You can't just assume that a player is going to pick up the mental aspect of the game. Right now, Roquan Smith is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Edmunds in terms of understanding and reacting to plays.

Not to mention, Roquan's leadership is second to none in this class.

Agua, DKphin, gerblack and 1 other person like this.
  19. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

20. gerblack

gerblack That Guy Finheaven VIP Donator

Man give me a LB with Elite level instincts any day that is what Roquan has shown that is also what makes Fitzpatrick to good that film study and instinct that is on another level.

Physically Edmunds is barley better that Smith I mean Smith actually beats him in the categorizes they both competed in. Edmunds does have the size to to potentially take on blockers better.

Tremaine Edmunds | No. 49 | Virginia Tech
    Height: 6044 | Weight: 253 lbs. | Age 19 (20 in May)
    Arm: 34 1/2” | Hand: 9 3/8” | 40 Time: 4.54
    10 yd Split: 1.60 | Vertical: DNP | Broad: 9’9”
    20 yd Shuttle: DNP | 3 Cone: DNP | Bench: 19 | Flying 20: 1.89
    *DNP = Did not participate

Roquan Smith | No. 3 | Georgia
    Height: 6007 | Weight: 236 lbs. | Age 21
    Arm: 32” | Hand: 10” | 40 Time: 4.51
    10 yd Split: 1.58 | Vertical: 33 1/2” | Broad: 9’9”
    20 yd Shuttle: DNP | 3 Cone: DNP | Bench: DNP | Flying 20: 1.88

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/4...couting-reports-tremaine-edmunds-roquan-smith

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 11:15 PM
  21. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

This Ruben Foster situation might push SF to take Smith or Edmunds.

If Nelson could just get past Chicago.

MiamiMuss likes this.
  22. gerblack

gerblack That Guy Finheaven VIP Donator

Man I hope not lol I just need one of those LB to fall to us I think that will really help the D a ton with Rakwon coming back

23. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I would agree. While Edmunds is a freak athletically, being as young as he is, he just doesn't see the play develop. He just moves in his gap as quickly as he can and does not see what is going on in front of him. Can he fix this? Yes. But do you want to take the chance that down the road the light will comes on ? I would say yes. There are some players later in the draft that we can pick up for insurance. But do you want to take a pick in the first round that you are not sure of and have to have plan B in the wings? It is a risk vs. reward scenario. Griffin will probably be there in the 3rd maybe even early 4th. You know what the knock on him is, but he played at an exceptionally high level even with his handicap. I would feel much better going with a scenario where we take James or Fitz in the 1st and pick up Griffin or Turay in the 3rd. Oh I forgot, we might even be able to get Baker in the 3rd.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 3:07 AM
    Travis34 likes this.
  24. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I'm all for trading down and picking up an extra second rounder. We need to come out of this draft with an OLB, TE, FS and a DT.

25. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I love edmunds, but he does seem to have some bust potential. I don’t see Roquan being a bust. He may not have as high of a ceiling due to size, but his instincts are much more proven and he plays ultra fast, which is our main weakness. Personally I’m tired of seeing guys make catches across the middle and beat our LB’s to the edge. I’m leaning Roquan slightly at this point.

I’ve been edmunds, but I’m slowly changing my mind. Roquan would really increase our defenses speed. Especially taking reps from someone like Kiko or Hull. He could be a great QB spy too. Another Achilles heel. Screens to the Rb? He’s got that covered too. Dude has insane closing speed. When it looks like the RB should have him beat to the edge, Roquan not only manages to get there, but he gets a full wrap up on the guy. Not just shoestrings. His speed and sure tackling sure are fun to watch. Then again the way edmunds knifes through the line like a bullet and runs over people is pretty fun too. I’m just not sure about his instincts. But he is 19!

Lastly we could just go with some one like James or minkah and get a speedy LB like griffin later. That’s a nice fix. This could be a really good draft if we play our cards right. Everything we need is there and at good value for our picks. The Rueben foster news hurts but not if we go FS. We could choose between Minkah and Derwin. Could have worse problems.

26. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

I'll be shocked if Fitzpatrick doesn't get picked in the top 10.

MiamiMuss and gerblack like this.
  27. killafinz

killafinz Active Member

This would be a dream scenario.

28. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I want a LB, and to be more accurate, I want Edmunds, but if that is the type of player we get by moving down and getting a 3rd... I have no problem there.

29. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I can see standing pat in that situation but I don’t consider this a weak draft class unless you need a LT or DE. Otherwise I’m happy with the draft.

30. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

If this happens, I will lose my mind in a good way.

31. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Is he Ferrell Edmund’s son?
    If so, I hope he inherited his daddy’s athleticism, but not his low IQ.
    The younger fans never saw Ferrell in an interview. Dumb as a box of rocks.

Anvil35 likes this.
  32. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Is MJD one of the smartest ex pros ? Cleveland pass up the chance to draft a QB at 1 and 4, and pick a RB as the #1 overall. Miami trades back when Baker Mayfield falls into their laps at 11. Stranger things have happened I guess, he could be a genius, but I doubt it.

33. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

Yup.

34. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

35. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

I painfully remember his stone hands as well

Agua likes this.
  36. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

I almost puked watching that last night.

When I saw a segment coming on the Dolphins I got excited.

Mayfield and Chubb. We are going to draft depth behind possibly our two most valuable offensive players.

Ok.

37. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Just what I was thinking, when his dad played for us he had the most potential.of any tight end in terms of athletic talent we have ever had but the production never matched the talent. Pass in first round IMO

38. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Oy.

I don't even think Chubb is the best back on his own team.

39. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

I don't think anyone does.

He's not on our radar.

40. Agua

Agua Fighting the media, one lie at a time

Right. Ferrel Edmunds wasn't a bust, but he had the physical tools to be absolutely dominant. He just never developed. Prone to dropping passes that hit him in the hands and having low football IQ - doing **** like running out of bounds a yard short of the marker on 3rd down.