Mjd's Mock On Nfln.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mjd's Mock On Nfln....

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
20180415_132312.jpg
Anyone catch that on nfl mock draft live?

McGlinchey and J.Jackson going 8th and 9th. If either of those players crack the top 10 we are golden.

He has us trading down with GB and taking Minkah 14th. Edmunds goes 13th.

I couldnt imagine a scenario in which we would willing pass on Edmunds but with Ward and Fitzpatrick also still there (and Mayfield who goes 12th to Denver) it would be a dream scenario.

Trading down 3-4 spots and getting that 3rd we covet is ideal IMO.

The next 11 days are going to feel like an eternity. I really need to do some fishing to occupy my time. I already know im not getting any work done until May.

I also want to trade down if possible and pickup another 2nd...but if Mayfield, Rosen, or Edmunds make it to 11 I would prob stand pat and take them. Especially in a weak draft class.

I would make that trade with Denver. Getting another top pick will help this team's depth. It will also give us a better shot at a mid-tier QB project for our backup role.

I would make that trade with Denver. Getting another top pick will help this team's depth. It will also give us a better shot at a mid-tier QB project for our backup role.

Did you mean Green Bay?

Or are you saying you would try and force Denver to move up a pick? If Arizona is in the mix maybe.

Buffalo moving to 5th helps open up possibilities for us. It also means Josh Allen or Josh Rosen is a Bill. I dont want to see that.

As a fan of the whole draft process, i think this is going to be the most interesting one in recent memory. Soooo many possibilities. So many players evenly ranked. No off field issues stealing headlines. Can't wait.

If we could trade down a few spots and still land Fitzpatrick that would be amazing

Assuming all of the ideal 4 defenders (imo) all go in front of us (fitz, James, smith, Edmunds) i would for sure target LVE in a trade down

If we could trade down a few spots and still land Fitzpatrick that would be amazing

Assuming all of the ideal 4 defenders (imo) all go in front of us (fitz, James, smith, Edmunds) i would for sure target LVE in a trade down

I'd put Edmunds and Fitzpatrick in a tier above James and Smith, for us.

I think because we have Reshad (who has been getting the Tannehill treatment) id rather have a truer FS but no question Derwin could play on my team anyday. Edmunds i feel is better than Smith but its not a wide gap.

I still like Vea, Ward and Davenport and if we could a 3rd rounder and one of those top guys i'd be hard pressed to pass.

Edmunds is the one player in this draft that we absolutely cannot pass on. However, picking up an extra pick and still getting Minkah would be huge. I wouldn't pass on Edmunds though. I don't care who is on the board or what the trade offers are.

You're talking about an NFL ready 19 year old with the absolute top level potential. Not to mention that he fills our biggest area of need. In next year's draft, a weaker QB class, he would easily be a top 3-5 pick. Personally, I wouldn't draft Chubb over him. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft with all things considered.

I agree that Edmunds and Smith are close, but Edmunds' potential/ceiling is what bumps him ahead. Fitzpatrick vs. James is more debatable. These four guys.... We've got to walk away from this draft with one of them. That's for certain.

If 4 QB's go top 10 then there's going to be at least 2 or 3 very good players on the board when we pick.
lets say the 4 QB's plus Barkley,Chubbs and Nelson. That's 7.........then lets say that Edmunds goes too so that's 8. Vea could go to the raiders so that's 9.
The other one could be Ward going top 10 so now so still have Smith, Minkah and James on the board along with Davenport and Vander. Keep on mind that is possible one team goes WR in the top 10 and that drops another guys down.

I suggest you watch Edmunds tape vs Miami. He was chasing way too plays from behind. He was not a factor at all. He did not play very well against Clemson either. Pass.

If 4 QB's go top 10 then there's going to be at least 2 or 3 very good players on the board when we pick.
lets say the 4 QB's plus Barkley,Chubbs and Nelson. That's 7.........then lets say that Edmunds goes too so that's 8. Vea could go to the raiders so that's 9.
The other one could be Ward going top 10 so now so still have Smith, Minkah and James on the board along with Davenport and Vander. Keep on mind that is possible one team goes WR in the top 10 and that drops another guys down.
In this scenario I try to move down 2-3 spots and pick up a third and still be assured one of those guys.

If I can't make a small drop back then I'd just stand pat and take one at 11.

I would be willing to bet my life that Cleveland is taking a QB at one. If they are really insane, they wait until pick four, so MJD's mock draft is beyond stupid. Barkley over your choice of a strong QB class is just not worth debating about.

Trade downs from a prime draft position are too risky. You should only do it if the player you actually really want isn't available and don't like the alternatives.

You trade down with Mayfield/Fitzpatrick/Edmunds still on the board, you're playing Russian roulette without knowing how many bullets are in the barrel.

Edmunds is the one player in this draft that we absolutely cannot pass on. However, picking up an extra pick and still getting Minkah would be huge. I wouldn't pass on Edmunds though. I don't care who is on the board or what the trade offers are.

You're talking about an NFL ready 19 year old with the absolute top level potential. Not to mention that he fills our biggest area of need. In next year's draft, a weaker QB class, he would easily be a top 3-5 pick. Personally, I wouldn't draft Chubb over him. I think he's the best defensive prospect in the draft with all things considered.

I agree that Edmunds and Smith are close, but Edmunds' potential/ceiling is what bumps him ahead. Fitzpatrick vs. James is more debatable. These four guys.... We've got to walk away from this draft with one of them. That's for certain.
What do you like about Edmunds so much?

Back
Top Bottom