MNF: New England At Minnesota | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MNF: New England At Minnesota

finfansince72 said:
Thats really the only move they've made in recent years that mystifies me. Viniateri is automatic in clutch situations, hes the best kicker Ive ever seen. Im not sure why a team that isnt in salary cap hell would let him go. A great kicker will win a couple of games for you in any given year. If the Colts had had Viniateri last year they would have been to and won the Superbowl.

The pats did the right thing by vinateri,They francised him once and could have done so again but they let him seek a bigger payday.
Ghost may never be vineteri but pats are doing ok without him:cooldude:

HAMMERMILL said:
The pats did the right thing by vinateri,They francised him once and could have done so again but they let him seek a bigger payday.
Ghost may never be vineteri but pats are doing ok without him:cooldude:

Dont get me wrong I dont think the Pats stink without Viniteri, but really when the playoffs come around and they are within 2 and there are 30 seconds left and a 48 yarder outdoors in the wind stands between them and a loss.....man I wouldnt play with somethign that isnt broke. Viniateri is the best kicker in the history of the league and still has some great years ahead of him, I wouldnt get rid of him.

finfansince72 said:
Dont get me wrong I dont think the Pats stink without Viniteri, but really when the playoffs come around and they are within 2 and there are 30 seconds left and a 48 yarder outdoors in the wind stands between them and a loss.....man I wouldnt play with somethign that isnt broke. Viniateri is the best kicker in the history of the league and still has some great years ahead of him, I wouldnt get rid of him.

Yep and he showed it with the Colt. My, if the colts only had viniatari last year...

finfansince72 said:

Well they didn't "get rid of him". They offered him a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league and Vinateri turned it down. The Pats at that point could have slapped the franchise tag on him but they didn't. They let Vinateri seek out a better deal and I believe they did that with full intentions of matching any better deals he might get. Turns out Indy offered him slightly better money but Vinateri never gave the Pats the opportunity to match it. He recieved the offer and accepted it on the spot. By the time the Patriots had got wind of it it was a done deal. Smells like Polian had his claws very deep into this deal. Anyway Vinateri was a nobody undrafted FA when he was originally signed by NE and he was a local hero so ask yourself why he wouldn't had looked to the Pats for a counter offer? Vinateri wanted to kick inside to prolong his career and he wanted to be with a team that was a contender but I still think it was pretty cheap to not let the team that played a big part in making him the kicker he was present a counter offer. Vinateri will always be one of the greatest clutch kicker in the game but to me he's now dead. RIP A.V.

Brady won my Fantasy League game for me. That will be the only time I like to see him put up big numbers :D

MR NFLFAN said:
Well they didn't "get rid of him". They offered him a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the league and Vinateri turned it down. The Pats at that point could have slapped the franchise tag on him but they didn't. They let Vinateri seek out a better deal and I believe they did that with full intentions of matching any better deals he might get. Turns out Indy offered him slightly better money but Vinateri never gave the Pats the opportunity to match it. He recieved the offer and accepted it on the spot. By the time the Patriots had got wind of it it was a done deal. Smells like Polian had his claws very deep into this deal. Anyway Vinateri was a nobody undrafted FA when he was originally signed by NE and he was a local hero so ask yourself why he wouldn't had looked to the Pats for a counter offer? Vinateri wanted to kick inside to prolong his career and he wanted to be with a team that was a contender but I still think it was pretty cheap to not let the team that played a big part in making him the kicker he was present a counter offer. Vinateri will always be one of the greatest clutch kicker in the game but to me he's now dead. RIP A.V.

Couldn't agree more. AV had an agenda, and he executed it to a T. Classic case of a bigger ego than place in life. I'll always look back fondly of what he did for us, and he'll always have a place in our history, but I agree, he is dead to me too. That said, I wish him well.

Dirtywater said:
Couldn't agree more. AV had an agenda, and he executed it to a T. Classic case of a bigger ego than place in life. I'll always look back fondly of what he did for us, and he'll always have a place in our history, but I agree, he is dead to me too. That said, I wish him well.

YEA, his agenda was to get paid what hes worth as the best kicker in the history of the NFL with a few more great years left. New England played games, lost him. I absolutely love the Pats fans and the way they just dump on every player that leaves for a better deal. As if you wouldnt go somewhere for a bigger deal if millions were involved. Hiliarous. You know I hope Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, etc, etc play great for their respective teams and have a great career after Miami. I dont care why they left, its a business and they took whatever deal was better for them or left via trade, etc, I dont care. I dont dump on our players that leave like that, that would make me a spoiled Pats fan and I would never go that low.:D

OK, I'll take the high road here.

finfansince72 said:
YEA, his agenda was to get paid what hes worth as the best kicker in the history of the NFL with a few more great years left.
Are you familiar with what actually happened, or did you just see that he left and assume what you want? We offered him more money so that he would have been the highest paid kicker in the NFL. How is that exactly not giving him what he was worth? Please tell me.

finfansince72 said:
New England played games, lost him.
How exactly did we "play games." We franchised him during his last 2 contracts. Imagine that, using the CBA to pay him in the top 3 of his position. How did he ever feed his family. Then, when UFA came up, we offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the NFL. AV had an agenda. He wanted to leave because he was upset at being franchised. Well sorry, that is within the rules that you as a player signed into. Must have been some "game playing" by the Pats to offer the highest salary in the NFL.

finfansince72 said:
I absolutely love the Pats fans and the way they just dump on every player that leaves for a better deal. As if you wouldnt go somewhere for a bigger deal if millions were involved. Hiliarous.
Get off the high horse here. Like most fans don't do that exact same thing. I've read it here at FH over and over on players that left here. And yes I would go for the money, but if I was in a situation where I was winning, had a loyal fanbase and a community that treated my family and I well I wouldn't uproot everything including my legacy for a small amount of money above that. But, if you were familiar with the story, you'd know he had an agenda and never planned on letting NE match the offer. That is where I got upset.

finfansince72 said:
You know I hope Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, etc, etc play great for their respective teams and have a great career after Miami. I dont care why they left, its a business and they took whatever deal was better for them or left via trade, etc, I dont care. I dont dump on our players that leave like that, that would make me a spoiled Pats fan and I would never go that low.:D
If you actually read my post, you'd see I wished him well too. I wonder how that could be since I am a sub-human Pats fan. Our genes are not as superior as Dolphion fans apparently. Please. Your self-indulgent holier than thou arrogance is exactly what you accuse us of. Pot meet kettle. I wish McGinest well. He left for the money, but he never had an agenda on his way out. Same with Ty Law, Woody, Givens and Patten. I guess it is impossible for me to wish them well and have no ill-will towards them because rooting for the Patriots makes me some how sub-human.

Dirtywater said:
OK, I'll take the high road here.

Are you familiar with what actually happened, or did you just see that he left and assume what you want? We offered him more money so that he would have been the highest paid kicker in the NFL. How is that exactly not giving him what he was worth? Please tell me.

How exactly did we "play games." We franchised him during his last 2 contracts. Imagine that, using the CBA to pay him in the top 3 of his position. How did he ever feed his family. Then, when UFA came up, we offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid kicker in the NFL. AV had an agenda. He wanted to leave because he was upset at being franchised. Well sorry, that is within the rules that you as a player signed into. Must have been some "game playing" by the Pats to offer the highest salary in the NFL.

Get off the high horse here. Like most fans don't do that exact same thing. I've read it here at FH over and over on players that left here. And yes I would go for the money, but if I was in a situation where I was winning, had a loyal fanbase and a community that treated my family and I well I wouldn't uproot everything including my legacy for a small amount of money above that. But, if you were familiar with the story, you'd know he had an agenda and never planned on letting NE match the offer. That is where I got upset.

If you actually read my post, you'd see I wished him well too. I wonder how that could be since I am a sub-human Pats fan. Our genes are not as superior as Dolphion fans apparently. Please. Your self-indulgent holier than thou arrogance is exactly what you accuse us of. Pot meet kettle. I wish McGinest well. He left for the money, but he never had an agenda on his way out. Same with Ty Law, Woody, Givens and Patten. I guess it is impossible for me to wish them well and have no ill-will towards them because rooting for the Patriots makes me some how sub-human.

"but I agree, he is dead to me too" Yea I actually did read your post. Good luck this year if you need a fieldgoal to win a playoff game--like you have every year you've been in the playoffs.

finfansince72 said:
"but I agree, he is dead to me too" Yea I actually did read your post. Good luck this year if you need a fieldgoal to win a playoff game--like you have every year you've been in the playoffs.

You should talk i remember right here on this board the remarks made about Jr Seau calling him a traitor and the dolphins never even offered him a contract. I feel the same way as DW that Vinateri had an agenda and it wasn't all about the money. Adam could have had his cake and eat it also but he choose to not let the pats make him a better offer. That alone tells me it wasn't all about the money because for all he knew the Pats would have matched or bettered the colts offer. He wanted out and he got his way by doing it thru the back door and thats why He's dead to me. F... Vinateri. So we'll start out with a rookie that was drafted this time around and so far he hasn't lost us a game and in time i think he's going to be very good. He already better with KO's than the dead man. One more thing We're talking about the Patriots not the Dolphins and in NE we rely on a physical type team that plays as a team and unlike Miami there is no luck involved. :tantrum:

finfansince72 said:
No, actually you didn't. Your lack of a well thought out response is clear on that point.

Did you see this part in it?:

Dirtywater said:
he'll always have a place in our history ... That said, I wish him well.
Of course not. The part about being dead to me was the reason why he left, not just because he isn't on our team anymore. Again, that too was in my response but you didn't read that post either. And, instead of taking the high road and acknowledging when you spoke out of turn, you chose to shift the discussion to a new point.

Addressing that point, sure we are not going to automatically win. It was never a guarantee with AV either. You talk like out kicker now will automatically not make it. AV was a rookie once too. Our kid isn't all that bad.

patriotspride said:
last time i checked the steelers last year and the bucs in 2002 won the superbowl and av wasnt on there teams either but some how they managed to win .case closed.

The Colts would have been in the Superbowl if they had AV.....

Back
Top Bottom