Moats of LA Tech | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moats of LA Tech

dominizzo said:
boomer i think rolle wont go to tenn. tenn would want mike williams they have no wideouts bennett and calico are good but mike is like a terrell owens

Don't be surprised if Troy Williamson goes BEFORE Mike Williams. There are many people in the NFL that believe Mike Williams will be a tight end in the NFL, and Troy Williamson's stock has skyrocketed recently. There are a lot of teams that have Williamson ahead of Williams at this point.

dominizzo said:
boomer i think rolle wont go to tenn. tenn would want mike williams they have no wideouts bennett and calico are good but mike is like a terrell owens

They also have no corners and they can get a Roddy White, Terrance Murphy, Reggie Brown in 2. Plus, they could try and take Troy Williamson and get a Marlin Jackson in 2, so as to stop Minny getting to Williamson who they have about even with Williams.

IMO the only backs that are worth a first rounder are the big three.

I think he'll be more than that

J Tes said:
McClendon is too slow and not elusive. He'll be a short yardage back in the NFL

Just a gut feeling. As long as he can stay reasonably healthy. He displayed so much heart and leg drive and spinning ability in key games in 2002 and 2003 I think he can be special. He has the best short yardage instincts and toughness of any back in this draft, IMO.

KB21 said:
Moats is rising in the draft because Morency and Fason failed to establish themselves in their workouts.

Right now, the first five backs off the board will probably be the big three, JJ Arrington, and Ryan Moats. Kay Jay Harris may have passed Fason and Morency on many boards.

The interesting thing is that Miami has shown a great deal of interest in both Fason and Morency, and it is looking very likely that one or both may drop to their pick in the third round. This could add fuel to the fire of drafting Alex Smith in the first round.

Marion Barber's considered in the same class with those guys, if not ahead. don't u think so?

KB21 said:
Don't be surprised if Troy Williamson goes BEFORE Mike Williams. There are many people in the NFL that believe Mike Williams will be a tight end in the NFL, and Troy Williamson's stock has skyrocketed recently. There are a lot of teams that have Williamson ahead of Williams at this point.

Who in the NFL thinks Williams will be a TE?

I met Mike Williams about a month ago [he came to my high school with David Greene and some other prospects, with Competitive Edge Sports; they were just training, doing a regular workout on our field (they chose our filed because it's the new kind of turf)]. Anyway, I asked him what he thinks about playing TE. He got pretty mad. And I said (because this was just after the combine), "well, haven't any NFL scouts or GM's asked you about playing TE?" He emphatically said no, not once in all the interviews and questions he answered. Playing TE was not mentioned and it wasn't even an option according to him. He said he might as well be a LT as opposed to a TE. SO I doubt he'll be a TE in the NFL, if not even one team has talked to him about it.

The same garbage trailed Mike Williams out of high school

killswitch said:
Who in the NFL thinks Williams will be a TE?

I met Mike Williams about a month ago [he came to my high school with David Greene and some other prospects, with Competitive Edge Sports; they were just training, doing a regular workout on our field (they chose our filed because it's the new kind of turf)]. Anyway, I asked him what he thinks about playing TE. He got pretty mad. And I said (because this was just after the combine), "well, haven't any NFL scouts or GM's asked you about playing TE?" He emphatically said no, not once in all the interviews and questions he answered. Playing TE was not mentioned and it wasn't even an option according to him. He said he might as well be a LT as opposed to a TE. SO I doubt he'll be a TE in the NFL, if not even one team has talked to him about it.

Some schools tried to recruit him as a TE. I think FSU was one of them. Nice handicapping.

Obviously the NFL is a significant step above college football. But I've seen Mike Williams play in person at least a half dozen times. He is anything but a TE. Seriously, how much gall and idiocy is it to imply a stiff like Darrius Thompson can play WR in the NFL, but Mike Williams can't?

Awsi Dooger said:
Some schools tried to recruit him as a TE. I think FSU was one of them. Nice handicapping.

Obviously the NFL is a significant step above college football. But I've seen Mike Williams play in person at least a half dozen times. He is anything but a TE. Seriously, how much gall and idiocy is it to imply a stiff like Darrius Thompson can play WR in the NFL, but Mike Williams can't?

It isn't gall and idiocy to stick a player of his talent at TE. It's called winning matchups. When u can get an Antonio Gates or a Mike Williams on a LB, then you win more often than not. That's called good coaching. Yes he'll be a WR but its naieve to think it's idiocy when it helps teams win football games.

Boomer said:
It isn't gall and idiocy to stick a player of his talent at TE. It's called winning matchups. When u can get an Antonio Gates or a Mike Williams on a LB, then you win more often than not. That's called good coaching. Yes he'll be a WR but its naieve to think it's idiocy when it helps teams win football games.

Putting him in a position where he played his whole life and was one of the best in the nation his sophmore years won't help his team win football games? I think it's pretty stupid to put a guy as talented as mike williams out of position. TE is basically a completely different position than WR... put Williams on a 5'10 corner and thats where the mismatches are!

Lazy1 said:
Putting him in a position where he played his whole life and was one of the best in the nation his sophmore years won't help his team win football games? I think it's pretty stupid to put a guy as talented as mike williams out of position. TE is basically a completely different position than WR... put Williams on a 5'10 corner and thats where the mismatches are!

That's all well and good but you have teams pre workouts looking at his times and his routes and wondering if that might have been the best place to put him, thus not idiocy.

Boomer said:

Isnt Mike gonna win a matchup on a 5-10 185 pounds CB? Mike its a freak for WR and does creates mismatches.

Joey 22 said:
Isnt Mike gonna win a matchup on a 5-10 185 pounds CB? Mike its a freak for WR and does creates mismatches.

Of course he is on certain routes, but not every CB is 5-10 185 and not every route is a jump route.

Boomer said:
Of course he is on certain routes, but not every CB is 5-10 185 and not every route is a jump route.

As well as not every LB runs 4.70s, there are LBs that run the same time than Mike.

Joey 22 said:
As well as not every LB runs 4.70s, there are LBs that run the same time than Mike.

Yes but there aren't that many LB's that could cover his WR skills.

Back
Top Bottom