Mock Draft (April 10) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock Draft (April 10)

We don't have a #126 pick. That was traded to Eagles for #156. Just watched a highlight real for Stevenson and Id like to see that monster in a Dolphin jersey.
I wish we had traded for 4th and 5th picks this year I think there are some great players there.

Last edited:
While I'm not an enamored with all of the players that you've picked, I like the way that you allocated resources.

Not a fan of Smith, but substitute a different receiver, I'm in agreement with the value.

The rest of your board is very possible and the players match our needs.

I'd be happy with this.
I like your thinking. I would make 2 adjustments:

at #6 I would prefer Pitts/Chase (especially if we take Brown later, which is a GREAT pick)
at #36 I would prefer the highest rated OT.

Outta curiosity - Kindley is our project future LG. Flowers is gone in 2022. Hunt is the curve ball.

Do they put him where he’s absolutely best (RG, moving Kindley to LG?) or let him continue to improve and do well at RT?

Center is crushing it if we grab a good starter

We don't have a #126 pick. That was traded to Eagles for #156. Just watched a highlight real for Stevenson and Id like to see that monster in a Dolphin jersey.
I wish we had traded for 4th and 5th picks this year I think there are some great players there.
I added it with a trade down. But yes in reality Miami doesn't have a pick on that slot.

I like your thinking. I would make 2 adjustments:

at #6 I would prefer Pitts/Chase (especially if we take Brown later, which is a GREAT pick)
at #36 I would prefer the highest rated OT.
Those OT's are going to go off the board quickly. Not a bad idea.

I think Chase is Miami's #1target. The question is who Cincinnati takes.

Outta curiosity - Kindley is our project future LG. Flowers is gone in 2022. Hunt is the curve ball.

Do they put him where he’s absolutely best (RG, moving Kindley to LG?) or let him continue to improve and do well at RT?

Center is crushing it if we grab a good starter
That's the question I keep asking myself. Hunt showed improvement at RT as the year progressed.

I think if Grier sees him as a guard that #18 pick could land them Jenkins.

Lots of good tackles, but they are going to fly off the board. Little, from Stanford, could be there around #50 if Grier goes pass rusher early.

Ahh, but Grier will trade 7th rounds picks as if in an orgy! Who cares about the valuable 4th and 5th rounders!?

That's the question I keep asking myself. Hunt showed improvement at RT as the year progressed.

I think if Grier sees him as a guard that #18 pick could land them Jenkins.

Lots of good tackles, but they are going to fly off the board. Little, from Stanford, could be there around #50 if Grier goes pass rusher early.
I've read some pieces where Jenkins should be moved to guard. That cooled him for me as we already have that situation in Hunt plus we really need to address center long term. Again...

I've read some pieces where Jenkins should be moved to guard. That cooled him for me as we already have that situation in Hunt plus we really need to address center long term. Again...
I do think center is a bigger need. If Miami adds one offensive lineman this year, that's what I would target.

Eichenberg and Little are two potential 2nd rounders at tackle who are interesting.

Jenkins is power based, but not a great athlete so I can see that guard projection. Then again, he didn't allow many pressure or sacks.

There are so many good center prospects that look like they're going to be 2nd or 3rd rounders... but Griers history with mid round linemen isnt great. Its not all entirely bad but it's not great.

Here goes with one trade down...

1 (6) Smith WR Alabama -- The Slim Reaper comes calling. I think it's between Smith and Chase.
1 (22) Oweh DE/LB Penn State -- Grier takes a big swing after trading down with Titans (pick 126 to Miami, pick 258 to Tennessee)
2. (36) Holland S Oregon --- The Dolphins are going to take a defensive back early. Bank on it.
2. (50) Dickerson C Alabama --- Potentially best center in the draft. Coming off an injury.
3. (81) Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC -- Jarvis Landry type receiver for Miami's slot role
4. (126) Banks OG Notre Dame -- Miami creating their own version of the Hogs. Immediate competition for Flowers at LG.
4. (156) Stevenson RB Oklahoma -- Big back to complement Gaskin and Ahmed.
7. (231) Patrick Jones DE/LB Pitt --- PFF ratings has him in that range. Potential steal here.

I'm not thrilled with this, but I do think it's pretty close to what I think they will do too. At this stage I'm assuming you are going with a predictive type of draft.

I'm not thrilled with this, but I do think it's pretty close to what I think they will do too. At this stage I'm assuming you are going with a predictive type of draft.
Also trying to guess what Miami will do to some degree.

There are so many good center prospects that look like they're going to be 2nd or 3rd rounders... but Griers history with mid round linemen isnt great. Its not all entirely bad but it's not great.
I would target Humphrey or Dickerson. Maybe Meyers. I like Meinerz, but he has to be considered a project with very little center experience.

I would target Humphrey or Dickerson. Maybe Meyers. I like Meinerz, but he has to be considered a project with very little center experience.

Great point and something I was concerned about... but not nearly as much as his lack of tape against top prospects. The class he went up against at the senior bowl was a group of backups at best, imo.

He's got lots of experience at guard, and they really translate strongly. Issue obviously being taking snaps, but he blew away folks at the Senior Bowl... so he's a name we should consider. I think he's a stud of a bottom 3rd/top of the 4th.

Great point and something I was concerned about... but not nearly as much as his lack of tape against top prospects. The class he went up against at the senior bowl was a group of backups at best, imo.

He's got lots of experience at guard, and they really translate strongly. Issue obviously being taking snaps, but he blew away folks at the Senior Bowl... so he's a name we should consider. I think he's a stud of a bottom 3rd/top of the 4th.
I think that's the perfect range for him. Obviously, the physical type of player Flores seems to favor on the line. Maybe he sits for a year behind Skura.

Back
Top Bottom