Our needs are many!!!

My Three round mock:

# 5 Tua or Herbert - QB
# 18 Josh Jones - OT
# 26 Austin Jackson -OT
# 39 Jonathan Taylor - RB
# 56 Chase Claypool - WR
# 70 Ashtyn Davis - S

You may have to use some of our later draft picks to move up in the rounds to get a couple of these players.
I have no problems with those positions

I think the Dolphins think very highly of Tua, Burrow and Herbert. Of the 3, at least 1 will be available at 5 and that's who we will take. There is no need to trade up especially when we still have so many other needs.

TFK

IMO stay at 5 and see what happens. Our wild card pick is 18. Depending on how the board falls draft day I could see us using it to trade up or down. If a guy like Derrick Brown hangs around longer than expected I could see us trading up. Put him at NT and watch him dominate the trenches. Would also provide a huge boost to Wilkins as well.

I have to confess, I have a hard time understanding your position. Not singling you out, as I've seen a lot of posts advocating what you suggest. I just don't get it.

If I thought a guy was likely to be the franchise QB my team has been searching for for decades, and I had the draft capital to do so, I'd trade up in a heartbeat to guarantee that the guy was mine. If I didn't think the guy was that elusive guy we've been searching for, I'd grab one of the really good players available at #5 like Simmons, Okudah, Brown, Lamb, Jeudy, or one of the tackles. In fact, I might even trade down a little bit to secure an even bigger draft haul, including one of the other decent QBs available. Not picking a direction and standing pat, with the hopes that this particular guy happens to fall to #5 makes the least sense to me of all the options. Just seems like a wishy-washy approach to me.

If I were a Dolphins fan, I believe that I'd want the powers that be to make a decision as to whether Tua, or even another of the QBs, was the guy they think could be the franchise guy or not. And then proceed with action based on that decision. But that's just me.
Seems reasonable

I'd rather take Burrow at 1, Herbert at 5, Love at 18, or no QB until 3rd round (Hurts or Fromm). I'm not sold on a few FaceTime videos of Tua throwing IMO. He could be amazing and an All-Pro, it wouldn't be the first time we whiffed on an All-Pro that was a seemingly perfect fit, but injury risk and injury prone are going to follow him his entire career. I don't want to hear Booger McFarland saying "How's Tua going to recover from that hit" after every sack for the next X years. That **** is going to get annoying quick. Let someone else take the gamble with mister glass, I'd prefer taking lower risk 3rd rounders to compete with Rosen this year and wait....

Ok hear me out. Why not give up 5 this year a 2021 first and a 2022 first to move up for burrow or tua. Doesnt hurt Miami at all. They'll still have 3 first rd picks this year, a first round pick next year from the tunsil trade and in 2 years we wouldn't sweat a first round pick with a franchise QB and all the talent surrounding him.

Pull the trigger Grier get your guy! Fingers crossed for TUA tho.

Interesting post. Especially where you say " Why not give up 5 this year a 2021 first and a 2022 first to move up for Burrow or Tua" and then "Pull the trigger Grier get your guy!".

How will you feel if Burrow or Tua "aren't his guy" and he does "get his guy" in a later round and that "guy" is not anybody you want?

I agree to the point where Grier should take the action necessary to "get his guy" and I hope it doesn't mean trading up. If it does mean trading up, well, I still want him to "get his guy". I'll be surprised and a little disappointed that we would have had to give up some picks, but I support Grier in the remaking of this team.

I don't imagine you would feel the same way if he traded down with #5 for two other 1st round picks and I would be surprised if you weren't calling for Griers' head if he traded back or took a QB later then round one. We'll know In a few weeks and then it will be interesting watching how the board reacts to our draft picks.

I just don't see everyone here being happy with how we draft and I suspect you may be one of those soon to be unhappy people. Lets wait until the end of spring training when we get down to a 53 man roster before we start beating our breasts over the futility of it all.

I, for one, am looking forward to this season with great anticipation no matter who we draft, who else we trade for or who we pick up in free agency. The potential for a good year is what stokes my fire. Getting there is ALL the fun, everything else is just prolog!

All 4 of the top rated QBs in this draft are gonna be busts - don’t reach...

QB craze is designed to make teams bust.

go For a couple of second tier qbs this year...

no QB the dolphins pick is gonna play this year any how....

people going on about how important QB is hogwash...

it’s all about the system...

1st round picks save you $ against the cap...

the Dolphins need to focus on offensive line - that’s where the value is early...

if Simmons is there at 5 you take him...if not take a top tackle...

then trade down at 18 pick up 1 or 2 more top 100 picks...
I trust Flores - he’s not gonna be a Philbin type jackass and reach for a jackass bust like no pocket awareness Tannehill...

people get SO wrapped around the axis for these rookies who we have ZERO clue if they can play with the big boys...

All 4 of the top rated QBs in this draft are gonna be busts - don’t reach...

QB craze is designed to make teams bust.

go For a couple of second tier qbs this year...

no QB the dolphins pick is gonna play this year any how....

people going on about how important QB is hogwash...

it’s all about the system...

1st round picks save you $ against the cap...

the Dolphins need to focus on offensive line - that’s where the value is early...

if Simmons is there at 5 you take him...if not take a top tackle...

then trade down at 18 pick up 1 or 2 more top 100 picks...
I trust Flores - he’s not gonna be a Philbin type jackass and reach for a jackass bust like no pocket awareness Tannehill...

people get SO wrapped around the axis for these rookies who we have ZERO clue if they can play with the big boys...
Now I know why your ID name is raving. I think you should add mad to the end of it. Yeah, who needs a QB when you have a guy like Patrick Mahomes in your conference for at least the next decade? No problem. Miami will just roll out their "system" at him.

IMO stay at 5 and see what happens. Our wild card pick is 18. Depending on how the board falls draft day I could see us using it to trade up or down. If a guy like Derrick Brown hangs around longer than expected I could see us trading up. Put him at NT and watch him dominate the trenches. Would also provide a huge boost to Wilkins as well.
That's how franchises win championships. Trade up for a defensive tackle. :bobdole:

All this noise about trading up for Tua is nothing more than his agent getting the word out as they are probably worried about him falling due to the teams not being able to have their own doctors look at him. I hope we take him at 5 but I dont buy for a second that we would have to move up to get him.

All this noise about trading up for Tua is nothing more than his agent getting the word out as they are probably worried about him falling due to the teams not being able to have their own doctors look at him. I hope we take him at 5 but I dont buy for a second that we would have to move up to get him.

Yeah they are sure worried lol. Come on playa.

Back
Top Bottom