****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

That's how franchises win championships. Trade up for a defensive tackle. :bobdole:

In the past 20 years the method to winning championships has been having a future HoF QB and/or solid coaching. If we get our QB at 5 then every other picks is simply trying to make the team better. Personally, I think we are going to trade down from either 18 or 26. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t investigate a trade if a player we like slides. People keep talking about Simmons, but Brown could easily end up the 2nd best defensive player in this draft.

Moving up is going to cost us. This is why many of us were against meaningless wins.
"Meaningless wins" showed that we likely have a damned good coach and got us some good free agents that previously under crappy coaching we would not have gotten.

In the past 20 years the method to winning championships has been having a future HoF QB and/or solid coaching. If we get our QB at 5 then every other picks is simply trying to make the team better. Personally, I think we are going to trade down from either 18 or 26. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t investigate a trade if a player we like slides. People keep talking about Simmons, but Brown could easily end up the 2nd best defensive player in this draft.
Sure, that's true, but I would lose my mind if this team moved up for a defensive tackle.

What would picks 18 and 26 be worth?

That's how franchises win championships. Trade up for a defensive tackle. :bobdole:

If Derrick Brown is somehow still on the board at 12, I’d be ecstatic if the Fins traded up to get him. He‘s the closest thing I’ve seen to Reggie White since the genuine article...and yes, I know how outlandish that sounds. He’s going to demolish people.

I think it's either Tua or Herbert at #5. As much as I'd like to see Miami potentially select Brown or Simmons. It's got to be the QB. Miami has the numbers in its favor for either QB to be available. As for #18, its anyones guess, with most thinking it's going to be an OT. I agree if Brown somehow falls, he'd be ideal in Flores defense. But I'd expect one of the Offensive Linemen to be the selection.

All 4 of the top rated QBs in this draft are gonna be busts - don’t reach...

QB craze is designed to make teams bust.

go For a couple of second tier qbs this year...

no QB the dolphins pick is gonna play this year any how....

people going on about how important QB is hogwash...

it’s all about the system...

1st round picks save you $ against the cap...

the Dolphins need to focus on offensive line - that’s where the value is early...

if Simmons is there at 5 you take him...if not take a top tackle...

then trade down at 18 pick up 1 or 2 more top 100 picks...
I trust Flores - he’s not gonna be a Philbin type jackass and reach for a jackass bust like no pocket awareness Tannehill...

people get SO wrapped around the axis for these rookies who we have ZERO clue if they can play with the big boys...

If that's how you feel, you're going to be very disappointed in this draft, because there is no way we're not taking a QB with our first pick.

I know a lot of people are in love with Simmons, but we're not taking him over a QB. It's just not happening. We are in the midst of a rebuild, and the most important part of a rebuild is finding a franchise QB.

TFK

My mock draft taking TUA with fifth pick. If dolphins take TUA I think its important to double down on QBs so I use the 4th round to draft James Morgan a South Florida QB I think dolphins like and scouted.
At #18 I take Mckinney best S in draft and versatile and can play any secondary position. Flores likes.
At #26 I take LT Josh Jones who started lots of games and played well at senior Bowl.
At #39 I take RB from LSUEdwards Heliare, my favorite with 0 fumbles in last 3 years. does it all.
At #56 I double down on OT and take Niang who plays the right side. Phins are desperate for tackles. In the 7th round I take Jon Runyan another Tackle but will project him to OG in the NFL. Use him as interior lineman.
At #70 I take edge rusher Okwara from Notre Dame. We need a young edge in this draft who Is versatile.
In fifth round I double down on RBs and take Perine from UF. He also can do it all. Great receiver out of backfield.
In fifth I also take WR Hodgins from Oregon. Need WR to develop and Special teams.
Also In fifth I take DT Kalil Davis a good value from Nebraska.
In 6th round I take CB Guidry from Utah who is small and fast. Can play nickel CB.
In seventh I take Wilcox TE from South Florida a J. Morgan familiar target.
Last pick is another gator Swain who is underrated WR who plays good Its and is fast slot WR.

Tua Tagovailoa

, QB
Alabama

Xavier McKinney

, S
Alabama

Josh Jones

, OT
Houston

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

, RB
LSU

Lucas Niang

, OT
TCU

Julian Okwara

, EDGE
Notre Dame

James Morgan

, QB
Florida International

Lamical Perine

, RB
Florida

Isaiah Hodgins

, WR
Oregon State

Khalil Davis

, IDL
Nebraska

Javelin Guidry

, CB
Utah

Mitchell Wilcox

, TE
South Florida

Jon Runyan

, OT
Michigan

Freddie Swain

, WR

Heres a mock where I take Derrick Brown at 5
5 Derrick Brown, IDL Auburn - Dominant DL - Unblockable

18 Jordan Love, QB Utah State - Big arm and athletic. Big play QB

26 Josh Jones, OT Houston - Need starting tackles Left Side

39 Grant Delpit, S LSU - Good Value here. Can Cover like no other

56 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB LSU - Does it all underrated.

70 Isaiah Wilson, OT Georgia - Right side starting tackle - great run blocker too

141 Nick Coe, EDGE Auburn - Need young edge - good value in 4th.

153 Lamical Perine, RB Florida - Double down RBs - does it all - great receiver and route runner

154 Harrison Hand, CB Temple - physical versatile cover corner - ballhawk

173 Antoine Brooks Jr., S Maryland - double down on safeties - this one great physical tackler

185 Tyrie Cleveland, WR Florida- A special teams player - run blocker and vertical threat too

227 Jon Runyan, OT Michigan - will play OG in the NFL - need IOL

246 T.J. Brunson, LB South Carolina - good special teams - physical tackler

251 Lawrence Cager, WR GA

5 Jedrick Wills, OT Alabama - start with RT or LT - This is the Hebert draft

18 Justin Herbert, QB Oregon - Hope he is good enough

26 Xavier McKinney, S Alabama - Best S in draft

39 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB LSU - Does it all - No fumbles

56 Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah - Another starting CB - now we have 3 really good ones

70 Julian Okwara, EDGE Notre Dame - Versatile young edge is needed

141 Ben Bredeson, IOL Michigan - physical run blocker - will pancake everyone

153 Lamical Perine, RB Florida - Double down RBs - plays like LSU RB - great hands route runner

154 McTelvin Agim, IDL Arkansas - Need DT/NT in the middle

173 Devin Duvernay, WR Texas - fast WR with good hands

185 Michael Divinity Jr., LB LSU - need Its LB

227 Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt - good blocking TE and can catch too

246 Jon Runyan, OT Michigan - can play tackle or Guard

251 Freddie Swain, WR Florida- Special teams good hands fast slot receiver.

I don't think Dolphins will pick him in the top 5. The TUA draft or second draft is more realistic. The point is I don't see a Hebert draft with #5 or higher pick. Therefore Hebert will not be a dolphin. I used the NFL draft machine for each of the mocks.

My mock draft taking TUA with fifth pick. If dolphins take TUA I think its important to double down on QBs so I use the 4th round to draft James Morgan a South Florida QB I think dolphins like and scouted.
At #18 I take Mckinney best S in draft and versatile and can play any secondary position. Flores likes.
At #26 I take LT Josh Jones who started lots of games and played well at senior Bowl.
At #39 I take RB from LSUEdwards Heliare, my favorite with 0 fumbles in last 3 years. does it all.
At #56 I double down on OT and take Niang who plays the right side. Phins are desperate for tackles. In the 7th round I take Jon Runyan another Tackle but will project him to OG in the NFL. Use him as interior lineman.
At #70 I take edge rusher Okwara from Notre Dame. We need a young edge in this draft who Is versatile.
In fifth round I double down on RBs and take Perine from UF. He also can do it all. Great receiver out of backfield.
In fifth I also take WR Hodgins from Oregon. Need WR to develop and Special teams.
Also In fifth I take DT Kalil Davis a good value from Nebraska.
In 6th round I take CB Guidry from Utah who is small and fast. Can play nickel CB.
In seventh I take Wilcox TE from South Florida a J. Morgan familiar target.
Last pick is another gator Swain who is underrated WR who plays good Its and is fast slot WR.

Tua Tagovailoa

, QB
Alabama

Xavier McKinney

, S
Alabama

Josh Jones

, OT
Houston

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

, RB
LSU

Lucas Niang

, OT
TCU

Julian Okwara

, EDGE
Notre Dame

James Morgan

, QB
Florida International

Lamical Perine

, RB
Florida

Isaiah Hodgins

, WR
Oregon State

Khalil Davis

, IDL
Nebraska

Javelin Guidry

, CB
Utah

Mitchell Wilcox

, TE
South Florida

Jon Runyan

, OT
Michigan

Freddie Swain

, WR
I would love that draft. I think McKinney just makes so much sense for Miami. Unless one of the top four tackles drops to #18, that would be a great selection.

Jones or Jackson at #26 for me. I think Jackson has more upside, but Jones is probably more ready to step in and start.

Back
Top Bottom