Mock drafts changing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock drafts changing...

Average Tua

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A lot of mocks have Miami landing Pitts at 6. I’ve been looking at all the mock drafts for the last few weeks and you can start seeing them changing. With a week to go before the draft you would think a lot of these so called mock experts are starting to get a clearer picture of this draft.

My ideal draft would involve multiple trades. I’d take Pitts at 6 and trade Gesicki for a 2nd or 3rd.

Then I’d use that Gesicki 2nd or 3rd to trade up from 18 and get Waddle or Smith or Micah Parsons (whichever of the three drops to 14-15).

Then at 36 I’d take Najee Harris or Etienne or Williams.

Then I’d use 50 on Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood.

And finally, 81 on either a pass rushing OLB (if we took Waddle or Smith) or a WR (if we took Parsons). At OLB, I like Rumph or Browning or Patrick Johnson or Malcolm Koonce. At WR, I like Tylan Wallace or Tamorrion Terry or Amon-Ra St. Brown.

My ideal draft would involve multiple trades. I’d take Pitts at 6 and trade Gesicki for a 2nd or 3rd.

Then I’d use that Gesicki 2nd or 3rd to trade up from 18 and get Waddle or Smith or Micah Parsons (whichever of the three drops to 14-15).

Then at 36 I’d take Najee Harris or Etienne or Williams.

Then I’d use 50 on Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood.

And finally, 81 on either a pass rushing OLB (if we took Waddle or Smith) or a WR (if we took Parsons). At OLB, I like Rumph or Browning or Patrick Johnson or Malcolm Koonce. At WR, I like Tylan Wallace or Tamorrion Terry or Amon-Ra St. Brown.
I like this

I do think that mocks get better later in the process. Every team tries to keep their plans secret, but invariably some truth leaks out. We hear which teams have been calling around, trying to move up... we see teams reshuffling their salary caps or cutting unexpected players. All of this makes it easier to determine which directions a team MIGHT go... so the mocks get better.

Look how many people actually thought that the Jets were looking at Sewell.
Or that Miami wouldn't trade down.

Information gets out, and unfortunately... too many people here will see a perfectly clear report about a team trying to move up and will dismiss it as "just a smokescreen"-- usually because it disagrees with their personal mock or opinion.

That said... more and more mocks are delivering Kyle Pitts to us, and nearly every single one that doesn't... has Atlanta remaining in place and selecting him... and I think that it is instructive to note that most of these drafts either have no trades contained within them, or at least, very few trades in them... so I'm leaning towards Pitts being our guy @6, and if I were to put actual money on the draft, that's the way I would bet.

I’ll go on record and say that Lawrence will be a bust.
Being on the Jaguars is a death sentence. And Urban Meyer is the coach 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Let's see how Urban, aka: Manbaby deals with losing 10 games next year.
Didn't Meyer already retire with a "deadly illness" after losing...was it 4 games? Urban Meyer is a weak, clown.

If Miani were to get Pitts at 6, Smith at 18 and either Etienne or Harris at 36 there would be plenty of tools in the Tua tool box come September. Parker, Smith, Fuller, Williams, Bowden and Wilson at wr, Gesicki, Pitts, Smyth and Shaheen at tight end and Eitenne , Gaskin, Brown and Ahmad at rb. You might have to make due on defense for another year at a few positions, but Miami has plenty of picks in 2022 and 2023 to focus on tha side of the line of scrimmage if needed.

If Miani were to get Pitts at 6, Smith at 18 and either Etienne or Harris at 36 there would be plenty of tools in the Tua tool box come September. Parker, Smith, Fuller, Williams, Bowden and Wilson at wr, Gesicki, Pitts, Smyth and Shaheen at tight end and Eitenne , Gaskin, Brown and Ahmad at rb.
Thing about Smith is, betting against him might be a meme some day when he is inducted into the HoF
I wish the young man the best but my dream draft is
6. Pitts
18. Jenkins
36. Moore or Toney
50. Williams
After that we go hard Defense and a Center. I want that wild animal of a Center, Quinn Meinerz

Back
Top Bottom