Mock drafts changing... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock drafts changing...

Thing about Smith is, betting against him might be a meme some day when he is inducted into the HoF
I wish the young man the best but my dream draft is
6. Pitts
18. Jenkins
36. Moore or Toney
50. Williams
After that we go hard Defense and a Center. I want that wild animal of a Center, Quinn Meinerz
I like the idea of Meinerz at guard, as reserve this year and as a future starter. Jenkins, Meinerz, Kindley, Hunt and Fluker would give you several olinemen that just love to manhandle people.

The center prospect that is really growing on me is Ryan McCollum Texas A & M. Love what he brings as a late day 3 prospect.

When all the dust settles, Pitts and Chase will be gone by the time Miami picks, barring a trade up of course. Absent a trade up from some team to take a QB, lots of these mocks look more like fan wish lists than reality.

I like the idea of Meinerz at guard, as reserve this year and as a future starter. Jenkins, Meinerz, Kindley, Hunt and Fluker would give you several olinemen that just love to manhandle people.

The center prospect that is really growing on me is Ryan McCollum Texas A & M. Love what he brings as a late day 3 prospect.
I love Meinerz. I'm hoping he is there in the 5th or 6th round.
He is rough arojnd the edges but imagine Meinerz and Jenkins working side by side. Have you seen the Jenkins video?

These two, together might end up killing someone.

He is rough arojnd the edges but imagine Meinerz and Jenkins working side by side. Have you seen the Jenkins video?

Put them in the same room with Kindley, Hunt and Fluker and even Ritchie Ingognito would be afraid to enter. They might not win the battle week in and week out, but someone is going to leave that battle with a busted lip or two.

I know every year how stupid it is to listen to mock drafts, but every year I love to check them out as much as possible leading up to the draft.
You aren't alone. We are all "chomping at the bit". Today, I was like damn the draft is tomorrow. J started making plans and then...I realized it was next week 😩😩😩

When all the dust settles, Pitts and Chase will be gone by the time Miami picks, barring a trade up of course. Absent a trade up from some team to take a QB, lots of these mocks look more like fan wish lists than reality.
Lol so you have a mock that's reality and everyone else is a wish list???
I posted my 'first 5'. Not only as much as it would be a dream come true to see...it is without a doubt a very plausible outcome.

I don’t think Meinerz escapes day 2 with all this recent hype

but if we could snag him and Jenkins, our OL would have plenty to work with and develop for the future

still need to get our other needs nailed down though

My ideal draft would involve multiple trades. I’d take Pitts at 6 and trade Gesicki for a 2nd or 3rd.

Then I’d use that Gesicki 2nd or 3rd to trade up from 18 and get Waddle or Smith or Micah Parsons (whichever of the three drops to 14-15).

Then at 36 I’d take Najee Harris or Etienne or Williams.

Then I’d use 50 on Landon Dickerson or Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood.

And finally, 81 on either a pass rushing OLB (if we took Waddle or Smith) or a WR (if we took Parsons). At OLB, I like Rumph or Browning or Patrick Johnson or Malcolm Koonce. At WR, I like Tylan Wallace or Tamorrion Terry or Amon-Ra St. Brown.
Gesicki is in the final year of his contract and he is a good but not elite TE. Because of his contract situation, I don’t see a team giving up a 2nd or 3rd draft pick for him.

I think a 5th or 6th round pick is the best they could expect in a trade for Gesicki at this time. They would be better off playing with Gesicki and Pitts if they draft Pitts. They would likely get a higher compensation pick in the 2023 draft by letting Gesicki go in free agency if they don’t resign him than trading him now for a draft pick in the later rounds.

Every year the mocks change after the combine. With no combine this year the mocks started to change after the pro days. This year is very hard to predict. Even if sunshine and Wilson go 1 and 2, what SF does at 3 could change many things, specially if they draft Jones there. Then you have Atlanta who could go QB, defense like they should or Pitts. Cincy can go Sewell or Chase and what we do might depend on what Atlanta and the Bengals do so a lot can happen just because of what those two teams will do at 4 and 5

Gesicki is in the final year of his contract and he is a good but not elite TE. Because of his contract situation, I don’t see a team giving up a 2nd or 3rd draft pick for him.

I think a 5th or 6th round pick is the best they could expect in a trade for Gesicki at this time. They would be better off playing with Gesicki and Pitts if they draft Pitts. They would likely get a higher compensation pick in the 2023 draft by letting Gesicki go in free agency if they don’t resign him than trading him now for a draft pick in the later rounds.
True so we play with both this year and dictate match ups. WR is deep, land pitts and we can still get one later, doesn’t have to be the top 2 or 3 guys.

Then you have pitts to replace Gmoney if he walks next year and yes get that comp pick. Makes too much sense.

If he's on the board at 6 and we go in another direction it's a bad move in my view. Not convinced personally he gets there.

Back
Top Bottom