Monday Buzz: : 1:30 Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Buzz: : 1:30 Update

i thought cornfed doesnt matter...great qbs overcome it...at least thats what you told me...especially 6th year ones in their prime...the left tackle isnt as much of an issue as the right tackle is in atl...carimi blows...but so did ours last year

matt ryan missed his fair number of things yesterday himself...and i told you that defense was trash...come on matt ryan overcome it like a boss :lol:

That Falcons defense is BAD! Kroy Bierman and Osi are the best pass rushers? Hageman has been a disappointment, and their only real player William Moore is out. Very bad defense. Antone Smith is a big play machine but they refuse to give him more than a few touches every game

That Falcons defense is BAD! Kroy Bierman and Osi are the best pass rushers? Hageman has been a disappointment, and their only real player William Moore is out. Very bad defense. Antone Smith is a big play machine but they refuse to give him more than a few touches every game
Nevermind the defense, 13 points is not winning alot of games in the NFL...

This is meaningless sophistic nonsense. Excuses are excuses, regardless of how credible, relevant, or urgent they may be.

Matt Ryan couldn't score points yesterday. It's his offensive line's fault? Get real.

My interest in the Falcons game or any of the second games was minimal at best. Our game motivated my dedication to beer! That said as a whole the Falcons are not healthy and it shows. Matt Ryan is a good QB that contrary to what this board claims has done a lot in the league to date.

Ryan Tannehill is regressing and it is becoming more painful each week. Now some posters like to ram that down people's throat and water down the message. Bottom line is 8/16 80yds 2 int for a first half and we will always be in a hole.

i thought cornfed doesnt matter...great qbs overcome it...at least thats what you told me...especially 6th year ones in their prime...the left tackle isnt as much of an issue as the right tackle is in atl...carimi blows...but so did ours last year

matt ryan missed his fair number of things yesterday himself...and i told you that defense was trash...come on matt ryan overcome it like a boss :lol:

Matt Ryan certainly does not need an all star OL to perform well. He is not Ryan Tannehill. He made it to the NFC title game and was one play from going to the SB with Tyson Clabo as his RT.

But, the last couple of weeks have been a different animal. Someone has to at least block SOMEBODY. Think about what Buffalo did to our OL last season and then make it exponentially worse. That is what has gone on the last couple of weeks for the Falcons. Every drive they faced down and distances of 20+ yards thanks to sacks and holding penalties on every other play. These werent Tannehill sacks either. These were half of the DL meeting at the QB as soon as the ball is snapped.

On top of all of that, yes the Atlanta defense is hot garbage. It has been for several years. It was the main reason they only won 4 games last season along with another slew of injuries to big time players on both sides of the ball.

If Atlanta can get the OL to at least be somewhat competent, they can still score with anyone. Whether or not they get it turned around this year remains to be seen. They face 2 good defenses the next 2 weeks and if someone dosent improve on the OL they will have no chance.

This is meaningless sophistic nonsense. Excuses are excuses, regardless of how credible, relevant, or urgent they may be.

Matt Ryan couldn't score points yesterday. It's his offensive line's fault? Get real.

My interest in the Falcons game or any of the second games was minimal at best. Our game motivated my dedication to beer! That said as a whole the Falcons are not healthy and it shows. Matt Ryan is a good QB that contrary to what this board claims has done a lot in the league to date.

Ryan Tannehill is regressing and it is becoming more painful each week. Now some posters like to ram that down people's throat and water down the message. Bottom line is 8/16 80yds 2 int for a first half and we will always be in a hole.

Matt Ryan certainly does not need an all star OL to perform well. He is not Ryan Tannehill. He made it to the NFC title game and was one play from going to the SB with Tyson Clabo as his RT.

But, the last couple of weeks have been a different animal. Someone has to at least block SOMEBODY. Think about what Buffalo did to our OL last season and then make it exponentially worse. That is what has gone on the last couple of weeks for the Falcons. Every drive they faced down and distances of 20+ yards thanks to sacks and holding penalties on every other play. These werent Tannehill sacks either. These were half of the DL meeting at the QB as soon as the ball is snapped.

On top of all of that, yes the Atlanta defense is hot garbage. It has been for several years. It was the main reason they only won 4 games last season along with another slew of injuries to big time players on both sides of the ball.

If Atlanta can get the OL to at least be somewhat competent, they can still score with anyone. Whether or not they get it turned around this year remains to be seen. They face 2 good defenses the next 2 weeks and if someone dosent improve on the OL they will have no chance.

f that...you are making excuses...ryan climbs the pocket when he can but he also gets engulfed just like tannehill did last year...that d was gonna suck no matter what they put out there...sure the oline has been hit hard by injuries but the qb hasnt overcome any of it either...ryans doing what he's done in his career...proven he needs all hands on deck to make that team relevant...a "franchise" qb that's about to get his hc and gm fired...they're all dead men walking and they should be...

the window has closed in atl...and thats even with a qb in his prime getting paid top money...this is year 6 or 7 raise the damn level of everyone else around you like a boss...or a top tier nfl qb...unless you arent one

and you're stone cold drunk if you keep pimping our defense like it's freaking legit...every time we get a damn lead they immediately give it right back...you can set your watch to it the last 3 years pretty much...top level d my ***

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! so we get to use excuses selectively between QBs to better fit our agenda....

You forgot this.

Miami gets a sack on 3rd and 10. GB has no timeouts, the clock is ticking, their players are gassed and they're scrambling to find a play in time. The crowd is going ballistic, momentum is undeniably on our side and we have the opposition on their heels. The one this they do not have is ...time. What do we give them?

More F*cking Time.

Stop defending this chickensh*t coach. He is gutter trash.

I understand you hate Philbin but lay blame where blame belongs.

- Green Bay's players were not gassed. Our defense was.
- They were in no rush to get a play off and lined up on the line of scrimmage with 10 seconds on the play clock.
- It was our D who struggled to get properly lined up and up to the line of scrimmage.
- We didn't have anybody on their heels. Green Bay looked calm and composed.
- Green Bay was also not struggling to find a play. A QB like Rodgers has the ability to call his own plays or change plays. Franchise QBs like Rodgers are called for a reason the extended arm of the OC.

Don't be fooled by our sack and almost turnover on the play before.

Let's not forget that Grimes fell on that play as well. If he doesn't fall he may have caused an incomplete pass and the TO looked genius.

Matt Ryan should have scored more points in the first half. He looks more and more like a frontrunner with every year. Can't raise all boats and can't carry a team.

They need an early round QB to push him...lol

I understand you hate Philbin but lay blame where blame belongs.

- Green Bay's players were not gassed. Our defense was.
- They were in no rush to get a play off and lined up on the line of scrimmage with 10 seconds on the play clock.
- It was our D who struggled to get properly lined up and up to the line of scrimmage.
- We didn't have anybody on their heels. Green Bay looked calm and composed.
- Green Bay was also not struggling to find a play. A QB like Rodgers has the ability to call his own plays or change plays. Franchise QBs like Rodgers are called for a reason the extended arm of the OC.

Don't be fooled by our sack and almost turnover on the play before.

Let's not forget that Grimes fell on that play as well. If he doesn't fall he may have caused an incomplete pass and the TO looked genius.

Exactly

Annoying comment by Coyle: Green Bay has used that formation twice and both times they threw it inside. Wow. That's undefeated. No need to prepare for anything else.

I often wonder about that. Do coaches actually believe they can rely on minuscule sampling like that? Disgusting, if true.

Hoops described it perfectly. Green Bay was going to 2 plays in 6 seconds. Nothing else mattered. The fade was out the window. It was going to be a line drive dart somewhere.

Wheeler really didn't play it that terribly. It was the assignment of Wheeler trotting out there that guaranteed the destination. All of a sudden Rodgers didn't care about quick darts over the middle. Those passes can be deflected. There was nothing to prevent a line drive back shoulder throw to the outside. Even if incomplete there's going to be 1 or 2 seconds remaining as long as the receiver doesn't bobble it for an extended duration.

Otherwise, I see lots of guys around here want to play into advantage situations. Last week somebody volunteered to take Dolphins +18 versus Green Bay, just because a pundit picked Packers by 18. Now we've got a challenge of Dolphins not scoring more than 13 points, apparently because that's the number Atlanta managed. I don't know why I never thought of this. This is an awesome discovery. Every time there's an outlier result or forecast I'm going to boldly chime in. Let's see, next Tampa Bay home game I'm going to volunteer to take Buccaneers +27.5 in the first quarter. And when the annual forecasts of 10-6 and 11-5 show up in the season win forecast thread, I'm going to loudly take the under. BTW, make sure to have some 3-13 posts in there. I know what to do with that number also.

In other words, the offense is completely handicapped by Ryan Tannehill and his ability is very limiting to what we can do offensively. His play puts us in circumstances where we make calls we would not ordinarily make. Things that Tannehill has done in the past make us very weary about trying to threaten the field because something horrible could happen.

That would have been the best answer. It is pretty much what he stated while being politically correct about it.

Hennehill is a huge liability.

I disagree that he's a major liability, but I do agree that that's exactly Philbin's sentiment.
Is Tannehill perfect? Surely not, but he also made a lot of plays yesterday that were pretty impressive to me. IMO he's improving since week 4, and I'm expecting him to make some scores against Chicago and Detroit as well.

Philbin needs to trust Tannehill 100% already. You don't hitch your wagon to someone and then not go all-in; it's a losing strategy to not trust your offense.

Annoying comment by Coyle: Green Bay has used that formation twice and both times they threw it inside. Wow. That's undefeated. No need to prepare for anything else.

I often wonder about that. Do coaches actually believe they can rely on minuscule sampling like that? Disgusting, if true.

Hoops described it perfectly. Green Bay was going to 2 plays in 6 seconds. Nothing else mattered. The fade was out the window. It was going to be a line drive dart somewhere.

Wheeler really didn't play it that terribly. It was the assignment of Wheeler trotting out there that guaranteed the destination. All of a sudden Rodgers didn't care about quick darts over the middle. Those passes can be deflected. There was nothing to prevent a line drive back shoulder throw to the outside. Even if incomplete there's going to be 1 or 2 seconds remaining as long as the receiver doesn't bobble it for an extended duration.

Otherwise, I see lots of guys around here want to play into advantage situations. Last week somebody volunteered to take Dolphins +18 versus Green Bay, just because a pundit picked Packers by 18. Now we've got a challenge of Dolphins not scoring more than 13 points, apparently because that's the number Atlanta managed. I don't know why I never thought of this. This is an awesome discovery. Every time there's an outlier result or forecast I'm going to boldly chime in. Let's see, next Tampa Bay home game I'm going to volunteer to take Buccaneers +27.5 in the first quarter. And when the annual forecasts of 10-6 and 11-5 show up in the season win forecast thread, I'm going to loudly take the under. BTW, make sure to have some 3-13 posts in there. I know what to do with that number also.

exactly and that's why you can't have philip wheeler with the worst situational awareness on the roster out there in that spot...he still played it like he had no clue which shouldn't surprise anyone

I disagree that he's a major liability, but I do agree that that's exactly Philbin's sentiment.
Is Tannehill perfect? Surely not, but he also made a lot of plays yesterday that were pretty impressive to me. IMO he's improving since week 4, and I'm expecting him to make some scores against Chicago and Detroit as well.

Philbin needs to trust Tannehill 100% already. You don't hitch your wagon to someone and then not go all-in; it's a losing strategy to not trust your offense.

Agreed.

Those in the VIPer chat during the game yesterday can attest to the fact that I stated I would come out throwing it there at the end. We needed 1st downs. Predictable runs were not going to get 10 yards. Hennehill had actually played well for most of the 2nd half. I would have laid the game at his feet and said go get a couple of first downs and seal it.

I also would have rather given GB the ball back with 3 minutes as opposed to just 2. With 3 minutes remaining, there is a decent chance we get an opportunity to answer in the case that they score. That is another reason I would have never ran it on 3rd and 8. You have to throw it there especially considering we did not run it or take the sack on 2nd down.

I never take any plays out of the playbook until I can take a knee. There is just no point in being conservative until you have the game wrapped up.

My favorite strategy is to hit a play action pass early in the sequence. I do this because on 1st and 2nd downs, the opposition is almost guaranteed to expect a run. The play action should open something up underneath. I do not want to get a 1st down on a 1st down play however. I am looking for an 8 or 9 yard gain on first down. This should allow me to run the ball and still get a 1st down on one of the next two plays, despite the fact the defense knows it is a run coming. This eats a maximum amount of clock and keeps the chains moving.

Play action pass to the TEs or slot guys for a mid range gain that makes it 2nd and short is the optimal play on 1st and 10 when you need to milk clock. If you get an incomplete pass on 1st down, then just throw it on 2nd and 3rd downs and try to move the chains.

Back
Top Bottom