Monday Buzz: : 1:30 Update | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Monday Buzz: : 1:30 Update

Agreed.

Those in the VIPer chat during the game yesterday can attest to the fact that I stated I would come out throwing it there at the end. We needed 1st downs. Predictable runs were not going to get 10 yards. Hennehill had actually played well for most of the 2nd half. I would have laid the game at his feet and said go get a couple of first downs and seal it.

I also would have rather given GB the ball back with 3 minutes as opposed to just 2. With 3 minutes remaining, there is a decent chance we get an opportunity to answer in the case that they score. That is another reason I would have never ran it on 3rd and 8. You have to throw it there especially considering we did not run it or take the sack on 2nd down.

I never take any plays out of the playbook until I can take a knee.

Yea definitely.
I don't know what there is to gain in strategizing "Hmm, my QB is playing fairly well this half...game is on the line, we can win, we WANT to get the first down... 1st and 2nd didnt work, OH WELL, mail this drive in and surely the defense will hold, again, even though they're getting worked by Rodgers and his WR's." I understand trusting your defense, but that only should happen if you've already exhausted all options on offense. You cant willingly put extra pressure on a unit that's facing an elite opponent in a late game showdown. Just poor head coaching altogether.

You forgot this.

Miami gets a sack on 3rd and 10. GB has no timeouts, the clock is ticking, their players are gassed and they're scrambling to find a play in time. The crowd is going ballistic, momentum is undeniably on our side and we have the opposition on their heels. The one this they do not have is ...time. What do we give them?

More F*cking Time.

Stop defending this chickensh*t coach. He is gutter trash.

Because our defence was the ones out of place and looking lost when Rodgers came up to the line to run 4th and 10 ? i remember seeing the CBs walking around like they was lost and at the time while i was watching the game , i thought myself it was the right play by philbin , to call a time out , get our defence in place , with a breather and hopefully in the right place for 1 last play , but i do blame DC for having wheeler out on a TE , with that time out theres noway our defence should have been out of place imo we should have 6 DBs ,S AND OUR Best COVER LBers .we had time with the time out to make the right play , with 1 play left .

His interview today sealed my views on Joe. Should have left with Jeff. Mistake for Ross that may bite him financially in the short and long term, and a complete waste of talent on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom