more boston news | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

more boston news

clear.gif

Great article.....Here's it in a nutshell

"SAN DIEGO ---- Things are heating up in Miami for Boston. Trade talks between Chargers wide receiver David Boston and the Dolphins escalated on Wednesday, according to sources.

The Chargers apparently were seeking a first-round pick for Boston, but the market dictates they would settle for less. The Dolphins wouldn't surrender their No. 1, the 20th overall, and they don't own a second-rounder. A fourth-round conditional pick which becomes a third based on Boston's production is a possibility.
The Chargers' leverage is compromised if, as believed, they intend to cut Boston before Monday. Then, the Dolphins could obtain him without surrendering a pick, although others could recruit him as well.
If he lands with the Dolphins, Boston would be reunited with Miami assistant Jerry Sullivan, his receivers coach in Arizona, and a former Chargers' coach under Bobby Ross. Someone close to Miami's coaching staff said Boston has contacted Sullivan in anticipation of the teams swinging a deal."

I have to admit, that I have been really excited about the possibility of bringing in a vet WR Star. I think although Boston has some drawbacks, he has also done some pretty amazing things for a 25 year old man.
The early portion of his career reminds me of Cris Carter when he was in Philly. He had an addiction, then later straightened himself and had a Hall of Fame Career.
Although Miami may be a difficult place to play in some situations, its also a great place to play. If Boston plays well the local fans will love him and he could be seen as the player that put us up on top. Much like when Ricky came here.
I also think there is a real strength in his current lifestyle. He keeps himself busy and has a personal trainer around much of the day. Add to that his former WR coach in Miami, and it may be the best situation not only for us, but for him as well.

As for the draft.....I think getting Boston opens up a huge opportunity for us to draft OL, WR or even QB with pick 20 overall. Better still, if we can land Boston for a 4th rounder, as it appears will be the case, what an absolute bargain. His coming over here for a 4th round pick allows us to grab a quality player round 3, where I really see the last group of players going on OL, QB, and WR.

I'd think Carey, Woods, and Rivers have to be the big 3 right now at pick 20 overall. If we lose O-Gun we could actually have 2 of those 3 players. Wow! I love O-Gun, but I think I'd jump at the chance to add some offensive firepower for him. Especially at QB, OL, or WR.

Carey may make the most sense if we get Boston, but I still would rather see us pick up our Starter in Free Agency and Draft Rivers Round 1 and a WR-OL round 3.

I know there has been alot of negativity by some fans, and there are days I'm a little down too on missing players like Woody, Tait, etc....but I really do like where we are headed. I have to say I think Rick Spielman is doing a fine job and I believe we will have a chance at a special year.

great article.

i think rick is gonna pull this baby off.

boston and cc are gonna scare teams

and its gonna make a real difference. teams like st louis who come here wiv average corners can be punished through the air

I still do not think Rivers will fall to 20. Even if the Steelers grab Couch, and the Bills disavow any attempts to grab a replacement for Bledsoe, someone else will grab him...someone we hadn't thought of yet probably.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I still do not think Rivers will fall to 20. Even if the Steelers grab Couch, and the Bills disavow any attempts to grab a replacement for Bledsoe, someone else will grab him...someone we hadn't thought of yet probably.

If we miss rivers grab trade down and grab henson and grove.

I could live with David Boston. It would be a huge bargain for a 4th rounder and a good move for speilman.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I think you might get surprised CK. Look over the first round order. It's not even a certainty that Big Ben will go #2 overall. If he doesn't go #2 overall, and the Raiders draft WR or OL, a QB slide happens.
If The Steelers draft an RB, or anything other than a QB at #11 overall, a QB slide happens. Both could bring us Rivers. Also I think there is reasonable doubt that Pitt will take Rivers at #11 overall. I think they may go WR or RB if the right players are there.

Lets say for the sake of arguement that Rivers is at 20 and we only have one first rounder.......would you like to see us take him if we trade our 4th rounder for Boston and sign OL Mo Collins as a Free Agent before the draft?

What if we lose O-Gun and have two 1st rounders in the same trade - Fa scenerio?

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
I could live with David Boston. It would be a huge bargain for a 4th rounder and a good move for speilman.

I dont understand this attitude. "Yeah it would be ok if we got boston":eek: Are you kidding me. He
- Is not an attitude problem
-Is a top tier WR
-Is not a health risk
-Is durable
-Is interested in Miami and has done well with our WR coach
-Has limited numbers b/c he playe don crap teams
-Passes all drug tests
-IS HUGE
-IS FAST!!!!
- Can be had for a song

What more would you want. I think Moss is the best WR in the league. Having said that I would rather get BOston for a 4th than trade Wally, CC, Sam Plus for Moss!!!!!!

Originally posted by Al13
what pick is projected for henson ?

I heard low 1st round or high second. But those that want a QB would grab one in the first with the possible exception of Buffalo.
Pitt would grab rivers, if not we would get the chance.
AZ, SD etc- If they pass it would only pass a bigger name to Pitt and again rivers to us.
If they all takew QBs I dont know who would take a QB in the second. The only possible competition would be either GB in the first or Buff in rd 2.

If If If. The bottom line is Rivers right now is legitimately being considered right up there with Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning for the first pick in the draft. Value is value no matter the position. If most teams have him pegged top ten they will not let him slide. Someone will trade up or a team we previously thought would have no interest (ehem Cleveland, San Fran) will go ahead and take him.

I would love it if he fell, but if he does its likely because of some last minute rumor that circles the personnel guys like wildfire, a lot like the supposed Marino drug rumors that helped him fall to the Phins.

I don't understand any negativity about Boston. The guy's a stud receiver.

I don't expect him to come him and get 1000 yds

but CC won't be double teamed any more.

and tems won't be able to put 8/9 men in the box in order to stop Ricky

if they do AJ is going to put up some awesome numbers next year

BTW yes dreadlock Boston is absolutely an attitude problem and he's also a bit of a health concern. He tore up his patellar tendon and a lot of scouts think it could be because he's got so much weight on the frame playing at WR and they do not think the knee will continue to hold up at that weight. They also speculate his ankles are too small to hold all that weight long and even Boston himself has been presented with these things and admits he'd rather play 8 or 10 years at 240 lbs than like 12 years at 230.

Boston has alienated plenty of people in his time in the league and in only one year he alienated Drew Brees and a couple other guys on the Chargers. He's a classic primadonna WR except aside from the things people normally have to put up with in guys like Keyshawn, TO, Randy, and Boston you can add the fact that in the past Boston got in a car wreck coked up and stoned while he was in the NFL. For all that Boston hasn't had a good season in over 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom