More context from our 1st Rd loss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More context from our 1st Rd loss

Aqua Man

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Some aren’t gonna want to hear it, but I will pound the table in the name of context mattering.

KC is officially 1 half away from yet another SB appearance and they are making the #1 seed and presumptive NFL MVP look absolutely silly in the process.

I’m of the firm opinion that the more you love a team, the more you overcomplicate the answers to their troubles. Passion and reason never mix and everyone in here is passionate about the Miami Dolphins.

Miami went into KC with a defense in absolute ruins and weren’t even close to being up to the task while facing the defending champs. Well so far, it looks like nobody is up to that task.

Yes, there’s work that needs to be done and plenty of offseason issues to fix, but maybe Mike McD isn’t a moron and maybe we are actually moving in the right direction. I dunno, just food for thought…

The time for doom in gloom and all these negative posts were in 2014 2018 2019. Not now. We are heading in right direction. But a lot of guys just don’t know ball or watch tape.

That’s my first article for this website

The time for doom in gloom and all these negative posts were in 2014 2018 2019. Not now. We are heading in right direction. But a lot of guys just don’t know ball or watch tape.
Oh hell we had them then too.

lol okay we suck and these last two years have been the worst since Marino retired.

I mean look at bills and ravens.
They been sending their best teams the last 5 years and can’t get there.

I think we need to see what Grier does this offseason before being overly optimistic or pessimistic.

Only New Orleans has a worse cap situation than Miami which is projected to be about $51 mil over the cap.

There are Miami’s free agents, 29 free agents if I recall correctly including Wilkins, Hunt, Williams, and AVG which will most likely get lucrative offers in free agency requiring Miami to free up more space to resign or kick the can further down the road which I would prefer they don’t.

There is a lack of draft picks having a 1st, 2nd, 5th, two-6ths, and a 7th. Grier needs to hit on those for Miami given the Dolphins lack of impact players from the draft the past several years.

Questions remain how healthy will injured impact players like Chubb and Phillips be next year.

Also, who will be the DC and will there scheme be effective?

Too many questions unanswered to make declarative statements about the future of this team at this point.

I think this year was Miami’s best chance at making a Super Bowl run, it most likely gets harder from here at least in the short term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom