More context from our 1st Rd loss | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More context from our 1st Rd loss

I have no idea how consensus ever shifted away from that.

It's okay to watch games. The disastrous residue is to watch games and allow what you think you are seeing to overrule foundational realities.

I didn't watch the Chiefs all season. From the consensus low rating here and elsewhere you would swear either Mahomes was hurt, the offensive line was devastated by injuries, the defense was ravaged by injuries, or some combination of the above.

Yet nothing. What was their crime? Losing a few low scoring games?

The defensive stats were terrific. I emphasized that more than once.

I was a bit surprised the Chiefs didn't blow out the Ravens, once they got the early lead. But that Ravens defense really showed pride and toughness during the second half. The Dolphin defense is not close to the equal of those two teams in terms of run and snuff.

Mahomes realizes he doesn't need to get into a shoot out, given his current defense. But if it turns into a shoot out like last year he can seamlessly transition.

The 49ers have displayed vulnerability in both playoff games. Big deficits. Everybody remembers the Chiefs/49ers Super Bowl. Not many seem to remember the subsequent regular season game in which the Chiefs went out there and totally destroyed San Francisco in the second half, after a slow start.
Great points.

My take from watching the Chiefs a few times. They definitely don't have great receivers, although Rice has come on. Lots of dropped passes overall this season. Kelce is obviously great. Pacheco runs hard.

Mahomes is magic. The best quarterback in football and he doesn't make many mistakes. That hasn't changed. He also has a great feel for when to run as well.

The KC defense is really good. I think it's better than during their first two championships.

One bad bounce that went against Detroit and the 49ers advance. Just goes to show how football can be a game of inches.

Detroit pass protected really well. If KC can do that, I think the Chiefs win.

Anyone with a clue also knew we had grocery baggers starting at OLB at a time when you need all your starters healthy. Jackson, Allen and Mahomes on backups to backups with the pass rush. No good at all.
I’m confused. Are you insinuating that our defense that held the KC offense to 16pts in the road was the problem more than an offense that put up 7pts?

Our team was obviously injured on both sides in the playoffs.

This isn’t about one game or one short stretch of games. This goes back to last season.

I am a big MM fan… am I not allowed to point out a shortcoming?

Your post is strange… not sure what i said was something worth getting defensive about.’

I’m confused. Are you insinuating that our defense that held the KC offense to 16pts in the road was the problem more than an offense that put up 7pts?

Our team was obviously injured on both sides in the playoffs.

This isn’t about one game or one short stretch of games. This goes back to last season.

I am a big MM fan… am I not allowed to point out a shortcoming?

Your post is strange… not sure what i said was something worth getting defensive about.’
No I am saying the defensive situation was less than desirable with people playing with less than 2wks in the system. The Baltimore and Bills games could have been different and then you host KC instead of traveling.

Please watch tape of our last 3 games and get back to us...
We were down our 2 best edge rushers. Our MLB. Holland and Howard were banged up and missed time down the stretch.

The league leader in rushing TD missed the last 2 games of the season and wasn't 100% healthy down the stretch.

Our stud C missed the last 4 games + playoffs.

Our 1b WR missed the last 2 games. Our 1a WR was banged up but still gritted it out.

No Way Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

What are you babbling about? How are we supposed to compete, let alone beat the best of the best teams down the stretch when our key players/team is a walking IR list?

The nfl hurt dolphins by taking away first rd pick in 2023

The time for doom in gloom and all these negative posts were in 2014 2018 2019. Not now. We are heading in right direction. But a lot of guys just don’t know ball or watch tape.
Or are just in love with their own posts. - LOL

Polishing a turd still leaves a turd ...just a rose colored glasses one

Miami is nowhere near AFC Championship caliber and never will be as long as they keep employing the softest players in the league
Or have some of the dumbest posters. - LOL

Go back to the game before at home against Buffalo and you have your answers

Every year 30 out of 32 NFL teams can be categorized as a team going in the right direction.

It means almost nothing now days!

No QB, no glory!!
That’s the NFL.

I don’t think loosing at KC is the issue. Choking down the stretch and HAVING to play at KC is soooo Miami Dolphins. That’s why everyone is pissed.

Back
Top Bottom