More context from our 1st Rd loss | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More context from our 1st Rd loss

Miami just didn't have the answers these teams do.

Smythe and Ingold are non-threats, and when 2 of your 5 skill players are non-threats, you're starting from behind.

To make matters worse, the only skill player they have with any kind of physicality is Mostert.

All of KC, SF, Bal, Det (not to mention Buf, GB, and LAR) have multiple good, physical receiving options - guys who are strong and savvy enough to use their bodies to shield the defenders and make tough catches and who have the combo of speed/strength/balance to pick up tough yards after the catch.

Miami's OL is also worse than those teams. I think it's one of the reasons that McDaniel was hesitant to run Duo, when Miami really needed that kind of rushing game to balance the passing game.

More work to be done.

Beyond the players which are absolutely vital. The coaching staff leaves much to be desired.

I’m not sure how good or if McD is good enough to contend with an offensive mind like Andy Reid(Granted Reid has like 20 years experience in that department compared to Mike)

We still don’t know who we’re getting to come in for the D?

Baltimore/KC is a perfect example of what I mean. KC isn’t that much more talented thn Baltimore. Yet they made them look really bad.

The biggest difference was KC vastly superior game planning and realtime coaching.

Jackson looked lost/confused and slow the majority of the game.

Last edited:
Some aren’t gonna want to hear it, but I will pound the table in the name of context mattering.

KC is officially 1 half away from yet another SB appearance and they are making the #1 seed and presumptive NFL MVP look absolutely silly in the process.

I’m of the firm opinion that the more you love a team, the more you overcomplicate the answers to their troubles. Passion and reason never mix and everyone in here is passionate about the Miami Dolphins.

Miami went into KC with a defense in absolute ruins and weren’t even close to being up to the task while facing the defending champs. Well so far, it looks like nobody is up to that task.

Yes, there’s work that needs to be done and plenty of offseason issues to fix, but maybe Mike McD isn’t a moron and maybe we are actually moving in the right direction. I dunno, just food for thought…
I’m from Michigan and hooooolyyyyy **** you should hear the way some Lions fans are talking right now! It’s very reminiscent of what this board sounded like 2 weeks ago.

I’m from Michigan and hooooolyyyyy **** you should hear the way some Lions fans are talking right now! It’s very reminiscent of what this board sounded like 2 weeks ago.

What are they saying?

My friend you know we specialize in hiring coaches that never called plays until they got here, McDaniel and Philbin were play "designers", not sure about Gase, oh yeah he had Manning who was an OC on the field, lol.
We know McD is a scheme inventor. But him calling plays ain’t working. He is pretty terrible at it. Two years with homerun or bust and no adjustments do not win football games. McD is wasting money on his OC at this point. Hire a pro OC who will implement McD schemes and call it a day. I want an OC that moves chains and eats time on the clock

Frank Smith is our OC.
I think I know that. The sarcasm on my part was not using his name because as far as I’m concerned he’s a no one on this team. I’m sure he has some sort of role on McD’s side but we don’t need him at this point unless McD will relinquish his role to him

I think I know that. The sarcasm on my part was not using his name because as far as I’m concerned he’s a no one on this team. I’m sure he has some sort of role on McD’s side but we don’t need him at this point unless McD will relinquish his role to him
200w (1).gif

I saw KC's commitment to the run even when it was getting stuffed. That ran the clock and every once in a while, like Miami's run game, even broke one for a needed first down every once in a while. It provided the balance necessary to run an Offense like ours or KC's. IMO

again, for people that say we're close and for people that say we're not, the fact is we don’t know because we don’t even know what the 2024 team is going to look like. We have 29 free agents and we're probably going to lose more than half of them so how do you know we're close or that we're going in the right direction?

At the same time, maybe we'll keep some key players and have a great draft but again, we don’t know yet how free agency or the draft will go.

i'm hoping we trade down and gain a 3rd and a 4th round pick if possible. For those who think I'm sacrificing quality for quantity, we're not just one player away and a player we draft at 26 or 27 could turn out to be just as good as a player taken at 21.

Then we have players like Chubb and Phillips coming back from major surgery and most likely neither one will be ready for opening week.

I want AVG back and some people want Williams back but again, both would be coming back from season ending injuries so I'm going to wait and see who our 53 are before I say we're going in the right or wrong direction

Back
Top Bottom