More context from our 1st Rd loss | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More context from our 1st Rd loss

It’s a violent game. We need violent guys.

Right now. We have party guys. Frat guys. We need blue collar guys. Workmen. No fuking around guys.

9ers and chiefs have em. Those are the kind of player types we need. Lions have some good ones. Same with Ravens.

I think if we were relatively healthy and playing at home we are capable of beating both these teams. We’re not far away or anything. We just need a top 2 seed.
Man, wish we had a chance at one of those.

I’m not buying it
If he was up for a HC job then he’d be calling plays by now
And if he actually can call plays and turns out successful somewhere else…..then McD should be put on a pedestal and shot between the eyes then hung
My friend you know we specialize in hiring coaches that never called plays until they got here, McDaniel and Philbin were play "designers", not sure about Gase, oh yeah he had Manning who was an OC on the field, lol.

I really hope McDaniel is something special. We’ve been here before over and over. Young new coach. Promising first season. Second season ends on hope but failed goals. Third season is ????. We did it with Gase. Flores. And here we are again with McDaniel. I’m getting tired of it. I can’t even perceive the idea of Miami in a Super Bowl. It feels as unreal and impossible as me getting the ability to fly. Why this team can’t even win a playoff game after 20 years is insane. In a conference of Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrows and now Stroud and Herbert with Harbaugh it seems even more impossible. McDaniel needs to be something special or it’ll be another decade gone in a flash of the same failed seasons.

I really hope McDaniel is something special. We’ve been here before over and over. Young new coach. Promising first season. Second season ends on hope but failed goals. Third season is ????. We did it with Gase. Flores. And here we are again with McDaniel. I’m getting tired of it. I can’t even perceive the idea of Miami in a Super Bowl. It feels as unreal and impossible as me getting the ability to fly. Why this team can’t even win a playoff game after 20 years is insane. In a conference of Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrows and now Stroud and Herbert with Harbaugh it seems even more impossible. McDaniel needs to be something special or it’ll be another decade gone in a flash of the same failed seasons.
Except Flores never made playoffs. Gase once. McDaniel twice in two years. Like it or not. This is most success Miami had since 2000 2001.

I think the two main reasons KC beat the Ravens were discipline and winning the line of scrimmage. Our oline made good progress and then was impacted by too many injuries, Dline losing our top 3 pass rushers screwed us. I think we are headed in the right direction, need a top notch TE, significant improvement in both our lines compared to late this season, and we are at least in with a chance.
I was talking to my 16 year old athlete daughter during the Lions game about something.

Winning breeds winning and losing breeds losing.

Win a few big ones, and everyone remains composed and expects to win. Lose a few, and the opposite happens.

I could argue that the Ravens lost their composure and made a series of dumb mistakes - mostly 15 yard penalties. Were they pressing because they haven’t won big games in the playoffs for years? Probably yeah.

Anyway, this team needs to learn to expect to win. That comes with winning when it matters. Chicken and egg situation, but that’s part of the mental situation.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. I only have hope for claypool if they use him as h back not as wideout. ee I still have hope for as long as his neck is okay. I think by year three he should be able to run all routes. But he needs to stay healthy. Neck injuries always worry me. I still would try to get someone else either big Wide out or tight end. Then hopefully ee surprises us.
Claypool sucks. There, I said it.

We all know Mike has an ego. Hrs not calling the plays because the OC stinks. He's calling the plays because it's his team and he wants to call the plays.
The “ego” thing is the first argument against any coach, followed by “stubborn.”

Has there ever been a NFl coach in modern history that doesn’t have an ego? You don’t rise to that level without success and great self confidence. That’s an ego.

I’m willing to bet that every HS in America has someone in the stands complaining using those same words. The difference is those are usually butt hurt parents instead of frustrated life long fans. Though I guess they are frustrated life long fans of their own kid.

It’s a violent game. We need violent guys.

Right now. We have party guys. Frat guys. We need blue collar guys. Workmen. No fuking around guys.

9ers and chiefs have em. Those are the kind of player types we need. Lions have some good ones. Same with Ravens.
It all starts with the interior DL, OL, and LBs. I don’t think our skill players.

We need people that play violently, like you said, at those grunt positions. Push the pocket forward. Make impact hits at LB. Anchor the center of the pocket and give the QB 3.5+ seconds 80% of the time when he needs it.

What I saw today was that the lines mattered a lot. Also, Creed Humphrey should be a fugging dolphin.

Don’t kid yourself. Everyone parties.

I think the two main reasons KC beat the Ravens were discipline and winning the line of scrimmage. Our oline made good progress and then was impacted by too many injuries, Dline losing our top 3 pass rushers screwed us. I think we are headed in the right direction, need a top notch TE, significant improvement in both our lines compared to late this season, and we are at least in with a chance.
they have the best cornerback duo in the game

It all starts with the interior DL, OL, and LBs. I don’t think our skill players.

We need people that play violently, like you said, at those grunt positions. Push the pocket forward. Make impact hits at LB. Anchor the center of the pocket and give the QB 3.5+ seconds 80% of the time when he needs it.

What I saw today was that the lines mattered a lot. Also, Creed Humphrey should be a fugging dolphin.

Don’t kid yourself. Everyone parties.

The sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

And yes, everyone parties.

We aren't that far away.
We had a really good season despite terrible injuries to multiple key players.
Until we add a couple of options to catch passes other than Hill and Waddle our O will eventually get stopped by the best teams.
This is a crossroad decisions for Grier and McDaniel.
Big off-season ahead.

Miami just didn't have the answers these teams do.

Smythe and Ingold are non-threats, and when 2 of your 5 skill players are non-threats, you're starting from behind.

To make matters worse, the only skill player they have with any kind of physicality is Mostert.

All of KC, SF, Bal, Det (not to mention Buf, GB, and LAR) have multiple good, physical receiving options - guys who are strong and savvy enough to use their bodies to shield the defenders and make tough catches and who have the combo of speed/strength/balance to pick up tough yards after the catch.

Miami's OL is also worse than those teams. I think it's one of the reasons that McDaniel was hesitant to run Duo, when Miami really needed that kind of rushing game to balance the passing game.

More work to be done.

Back
Top Bottom