More details on Fangio's departure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More details on Fangio's departure

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
LOL good luck Sirriani then who knows a thing or 2 about dysfunction

He won’t do that in Philly. He wants to be there. He is like dating a girl who is not happy to be with you anymore. She starts treating you badly and acting act because she wants to move on. That is basically this.

He also was not happy with some of the staff that he was forced to keep. Especially the linebacker coach that is up for the job with us.

Fangio was miserable so he made everybody else miserable

Miami didn't make him take the job! He should have just declined and moved on rather than waste everyone's time. I could care less about the money, this will now be the third defensive system in three years.

Last edited:
He won’t do that in Philly. He wants to be there. He is like dating a girl who is not happy to be with you anymore. She starts treating you badly and acting act because she wants to move on. That is basically this.

He also was not happy with some of the staff that he was forced to keep. Especially the linebacker coach that is up for the job with us.

Fangio has been like this far before Miami. Always been a grumpy old f*ck.

With no proof of what the author contends, I will say this is nothing more than speculative!
While I agree that the article may be part speculation. The fact Dolphin players didn’t come out expressing surprise in Fangio leaving certainly seems to imply there were issues with Fangio, the defensive players and the other coaches.

Mcdaniel has a coaching style which is quite different than other coaches around the league and I can see how this might have conflicted with an old time coach like Fangio.

In the end, the Dolphins need coaches that the players believe in and want to work with. It appears there was some level of discomfort between Fangio and the players and possibly between Fangio and the other coaches.

I doubt we will ever get the truth completely from those involved. Yet the reality Fangio is no longer in Miami and
hopefully the Dolphins will hire a DC who can come in and continue to improve the overall play of the defense.

Back
Top Bottom