More details on Fangio's departure | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More details on Fangio's departure

In his first press conference before the Chargers game, some reporter asked him if he reviewed the previous years' game and he said "no, I don't think that's necessary"

I mean, c'mon, that must have drove McDaniel crazy. If he was too stubborn to do even that, I can see a lot of issues throughout the year

This kind of behavior seems like the last thing the Eagles need. I’m shorting the Eagles.
This all day @Birdmond , I'm even thinking Vic has a chance to be interim HC for the Birds by Halloween, I think Sirianni is toast. You don't go from 10-1 to spiraling down the drain unless the guy in charge has lost the room, Hurts does not appear to be a fan

He earned the right to be the only voice in the room. The Dolphins finished the year ranked 10th in total defense, allowing 318.3 yards per game. That's the first time since 2010, and that's with a ton of stars missing on defense.

Losing Fangio is not a good thing. Could give two shi*ts the players are happy about it.

I dont quite understand, you would think these conversations would be done during the interview process, like expectations from the defense coordinator the front office is looking for (collaborative effort) . front office could have checked references and found out early on about Fangio's personality. You would think fangio would ask questions with dolphins brass during the interview process such as "will I have all the power/full control on defense?" and based on this we could have saved a lot of time. Seems like a big lack of communication which shouldn't happen during the interview/hiring process. It looks like we hired Fangio just to get a big name for our defense. Honestly McDaniel and Fangio are polar opposites.

Whether or not the article is speculative or not, remains to be seen. But Fangio has a reputation of being ornery and stubborn in his ways. It played out negatively in Miami. And if the reports are correct, McDaniel himself became frustrated. Coaches need to adjust and be flexible. Fangio wasn't. He insisted playing Kohou out of position and took issue with Cam Smith, in a personality indifference. He also took Brandon Jones away from his best attributes and forced him to play to his lesser abilities.

Not all was bad, because in spite of all the negatives; when healthy the defense played at a top 5 level. Unfortunately Fangio couldn't figure out the winning teams and his defense suffered.

Miami is better off or should be better off without him. You can't have a coach with a miserable personality screwing with players and coaches alike. Just can't. Got to be on the same page.

I dont quite understand, you would think these conversations would be done during the interview process, like expectations from the defense coordinator the front office is looking for (collaborative effort) . You would think fangio would ask questions with dolphins brass during the interview process such as "will I have all the power/full control on defense?" and based on this we could have saved a lot of time. Seems like a big lack of communication which shouldn't happen during the interview/hiring process.
You can ask all the questions you want to in an interview. Yet you never know exactly how your personality will fit in with your subordinates and your bosses until you are hired and go to work for the company.

Hiring the wrong person for the job happens all the time in business and especially in the NFL. That is why so many head coaches, position coaches and coordinators are replaced every year.

It happens and no need to dwell on it. Fangio is out and now it time to look forward to them finding a quality DC to replace him.

One other thing that caught my attention. When Trill Williams tweeted out cryptic tweets about Fangio, it said a lot about the dysfunction Fangio brought with him to Miami. And as we all know Williams was cut. To see a young former player display that kind of emotion is telling.

He earned the right to be the only voice in the room. The Dolphins finished the year ranked 10th in total defense, allowing 318.3 yards per game. That's the first time since 2010, and that's with a ton of stars missing on defense.

Losing Fangio is not a good thing. Could give two shi*ts the players are happy about it.
He has not earned the right to dismiss the head coach's input or instructions.

If that's what you believe, you would be wrong.

What'd you look at Fox Sports ranks and call it a day? Dolphins defensive DVOA was ranked 19th.

Exclusive video of Vic interviewing for DC last year, he tried to warn them!

YARN | my way or the highway. | Reservoir Dogs (1992) | Video clips by  quotes | f5d40a14 | 紗

PS- That is just not going to work (love it or lament it) in the modern NFL. Belichick remains unemployed for that very reason. And I am openly rooting for him to get hired so he can get that all time losses record, he deserves it!

Whether or not the article is speculative or not, remains to be seen. But Fangio has a reputation of being ornery and stubborn in his ways. It played out negatively in Miami. And if the reports are correct, McDaniel himself became frustrated. Coaches need to adjust and be flexible. Fangio wasn't. He insisted playing Kohou out of position and took issue with Cam Smith, in a personality indifference. He also took Brandon Jones away from his best attributes and forced him to play to his lesser abilities.

Not all was bad, because in spite of all the negatives; when healthy the defense played at a top 5 level. Unfortunately Fangio couldn't figure out the winning teams and his defense suffered.

Miami is better off or should be better off without him. You can't have a coach with a miserable personality screwing with players and coaches alike. Just can't. Got to be on the same page.
and don't forget Ramsey not going at the 1's, he wasn't exactly upset

Back
Top Bottom