More post-Super Bowl Insanity: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More post-Super Bowl Insanity:

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Sean Salisbury: "Brady might be the best I have ever seen......well, since Montana.......maybe."

Woody Paige: "Brady has passed Marino, maybe passed Elway, Aikman might be passed soon, he might be right there behind Montana."

Bill Platscke: "This Patriot team is one of the best Teams in history, they would have beaten those 72' Dolphins."

Jay Marioti: "Bellichick has already passed Parcells, he is the future, he is showing the NFL how to win in the year 2004."

Eddie Aldeman: "Dare I say, they might have a shot at a Undefeated season next year."

Chris Berman: "The Patriots have won 15 in a row, they might win 18, 19, 25 in a row.....at what point do we consider them up one of the best of all-time?"

Ron Jaworski: "People compare Brady with Montana, I see him as the next Dan Marino."

BTW,

Randy Mueller's Super Bowl Prediction:

Result:
New England, 31-13

Comment:
The Patriots defense will take Steve Smith away and with that, Carolina's big-play ability. :roflmao:

This is why the Patriots make me sick, Look what happened to Brady when he was pressured, he throws a pick in the endzone that would of more then likely put the game away.

Better then Marino and Elway my *** he's not even better then Peyton Manning. Stat wise he wasn't even the best QB on the field yesterday. now excuse me I have to go puke again. :rolleyes2

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just the way the Boston media and fans are. The Pats will struggle next season when everyone will be gunning for them.

they will have one of the harder schedules next year, they might not even make the playoffs just like 2 years ago.

Originally posted by Section126
Sean Salisbury: "Brady might be the best I have ever seen......well, since Montana.......maybe."

Woody Paige: "Brady has passed Marino, maybe passed Elway, Aikman might be passed soon, he might be right there behind Montana."

Bill Platscke: "This Patriot team is one of the best Teams in history, they would have beaten those 72' Dolphins."

Jay Marioti: "Bellichick has already passed Parcells, he is the future, he is showing the NFL how to win in the year 2004."

Eddie Aldeman: "Dare I say, they might have a shot at a Undefeated season next year."

Chris Berman: "The Patriots have won 15 in a row, they might win 18, 19, 25 in a row.....at what point do we consider them up one of the best of all-time?"

Ron Jaworski: "People compare Brady with Montana, I see him as the next Dan Marino."

BTW,

Randy Mueller's Super Bowl Prediction:

Result:
New England, 31-13

Comment:
The Patriots defense will take Steve Smith away and with that, Carolina's big-play ability. :roflmao:

It makes me sick when the Patriots are compared to the 72 Dolphins. The 72 team was the best team in the league on both offense and defense. The Patriots lost to the Bills and Redskins and were very lucky to win many games this season.

Also, it pisses me off when Brady is compared to Marino or Montana. He isn't bad, but just because he has won 2 SBs doesn't place him among the best in history. He isn't even the best QB in the league, there are a bunch of QBs who are better. Brady doesn't have half of the arm that Marino had in his prime.

There's no denying that Brady is becoming one of the elite QBs in today's NFL. He's already raced out to an unbelievable start for his career. As you guys know (and are probably sick of hearing), I respect the hell outta Tom Brady and his game. But I'll tell you this, I'd put him up against any other QB in this league without the slightest hesitation.

But I think these guys are a little too overzealous here. They're saying he's surpassed the best of the best who did it for 15+ years. Not quite. But he's on the Hall of Fame path if he keeps going.

In their first four years:

Tom Brady: 10233 yds, 69 TD's, 38 INT's
League stats:
(Did not finish in the top 10 of any category in 2000 or 2001)
Pass attempts: 2002-3rd, 2003-5th
Completions: 2002-4th, 2003-6th
Passing yards: 2002-6th, 2003-6th
Passing TDs: 2002-1st, 2003-10th

Dan Marino: 16177 yds passing, 142 passing TD's, 67 INT's
League stats:
Passing yds: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-3rd
Passing TD's: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-2nd
Pass attempts: 1984-1st, 1985-2nd, 1986-1st, 1987-2nd
Pass completions: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-3rd

He's good, but hardly Dan Marino.

There's no denying that Brady is becoming one of the elite QBs in today's NFL. He's already raced out to an unbelievable start for his career. As you guys know (and are probably sick of hearing), I respect the hell outta Tom Brady and his game. But I'll tell you this, I'd put him up against any other QB in this league without the slightest hesitation.

With the Oline support he gets...sure...he's OK...but I've REALLY noticed that once he gets pressured he falls apart like a pot roast.

THAT is what keeps me from thinking he's one of the best.

bledsoe

yeah & It amazes me how people keep saying all these things about brady being all that. alot of people tend to forget that drew bledsoe throw that one td in the afc championship game against the raiders that tied it up, not brady!!!!!!!!!!!!! without that they might not have even gotten to the SB.

How about some REAL super bowl insanity. Turns out the guy that streaked onto the football field got there by having a referee's uniform on, but the uniform was held on with velcro so he ripped it off and was down to a G-string and shoes. He's a professional streaker named Mark Francis Roberts and its always been his dream to streak the Super Bowl. He once streaked Wimbledon in 2000 at an Anna Kournikova match, and afterward told the reporters he's streaked like over 100 times and its his dream to streak the super bowl.

As the police carted him off he started making those claims that he's streaked all around the world at professional sports contests and the police spokeswoman said she highly doubts it. Turns out its true.

Matt Chatham btw, the Patriots linebacker, tackled the streaker. Insert joke about sexual preferences of the Patriots here.

there is no "greatest team in NFL history." every decade has had a Major change. Greatest teams of a certain Era is more like it.

who cares though... everyone jumps the gun because it's GOOD TV! people want to hear it that. it attracts football attention.

yeah the media is really starting to erk me. seems like every other week some guys is the best ever!!!!!!! Just a couple of years ago kurt warner was the greatest to ever play the game. i think these guys need to put in the years(8-10) of having great numbers, then we will talk. Dan only had one below 500 season, NOW THAT IS GOOD

Originally posted by upsman
yeah the media is really starting to erk me. seems like every other week some guys is the best ever!!!!!!! Just a couple of years ago kurt warner was the greatest to ever play the game. i think these guys need to put in the years(8-10) of having great numbers, then we will talk. Dan only had one below 500 season, NOW THAT IS GOOD

No doubt. Could you imagine a 1985/86 Marino on this team or the Pats?

THAT would be a dynasty.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

No doubt. Could you imagine a 1985/86 Marino on this team or the Pats?

THAT would be a dynasty.
i think i'd settle for ricky and marino being on the same team. the defense wouldn't know how to play, stack the box, or play pass!;)

Back
Top Bottom