More post-Super Bowl Insanity: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More post-Super Bowl Insanity:

Originally posted by Muck

He has a great OL. No question. But so did Montana. So did Bob Griese. So did Aikman. So did Elway in his last years. I don't think it's a knock.

I don't see Brady falling apart. He hangs tough. He moves around in the pocket. It's a joy watching him work. But any QB who gets pressure is going to be affected one way or another on some level. The great ones just deal with it better.

He's better than OK. He's elite IMO.

Thought I was the only one here who wondered what the big fuss is.

Brady is an ELITE QB no question.
He is the OFFENSE for that team. Damn his stats, it is about PURE LEADERSHIP. If you fail to see that, then obviously you may not know what it is. When you make the players around you better, that is a quality of excellence.
Due to his leadership abilities and 2 superbowl wins, Brady will now be spoken in the same sentences as Marino, Montana, Elway,....etc.

well stated superself that is what I see in Brady...

I see him and say Pennington can do the same things...

he loves the game, is a student of the game and he works hard

at it...

Congratulations Tom Brady that is 2 for you...

by the way were in the Bronx are you from...

Originally posted by Superself

Thought I was the only one here who wondered what the big fuss is.

Brady is an ELITE QB no question.
He is the OFFENSE for that team. Damn his stats, it is about PURE LEADERSHIP. If you fail to see that, then obviously you may not know what it is. When you make the players around you better, that is a quality of excellence.
Due to his leadership abilities and 2 superbowl wins, Brady will now be spoken in the same sentences as Marino, Montana, Elway,....etc.

I agree he has leadership....but he is MOST DEFINITELY not their offense. Charlie Weis and Bill Belichick....as well as a stout offensive line are their offense. 3 years does not qualify him to be even THOUGHT of in the same light as those QBs imo.

He is surely a good QB...no doubt....Elite...no way in hell. Maybe in another 2 to 3 years.........not yet.

NavyFishFan...I couldn't agree with you more on that last post of yours...if I do remember correctly...

a former qb from the Patriots was also being spoken in the same light as Marino, Elway, and Montana....his name...Drew Bledsoe...i remember a lot of people saying that Drew would surpass all of Marino's records and win at least 1 SB...and I doubt either will happen...so...we'll see how consistent Brady will be in years to come...only time will tell but there is no way that Brady is in that "group" of QB's. He's good but not that good...imo!!!

Heck...even Bradshaw (sp) who won 4 SB with the Steelers does not even get mentioned with this elite group of qb's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
NavyFishFan...I couldn't agree with you more on that last post of yours...if I do remember correctly...

a former qb from the Patriots was also being spoken in the same light as Marino, Elway, and Montana....his name...Drew Bledsoe...i remember a lot of people saying that Drew would surpass all of Marino's records and win at least 1 SB...and I doubt either will happen...so...we'll see how consistent Brady will be in years to come...only time will tell but there is no way that Brady is in that "group" of QB's.

Heck...even Bradshaw (sp) who one 4 SB with the Steelers does not even get mentioned with this elite group of qb's.

Kurt Warner also comes to mind......he was the 2nd coming of christ it seemed for a couple years.............guess nobody saw that he was so successful due to his WR corps.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I agree he has leadership....but he is MOST DEFINITELY not their offense. Charlie Weis and Bill Belichick....as well as a stout offensive line are their offense. 3 years does not qualify him to be even THOUGHT of in the same light as those QBs imo.

He is surely a good QB...no doubt....Elite...no way in hell. Maybe in another 2 to 3 years.........not yet.

He has 2 superbowl wins in three years. I'd say that surely is enough.

BUT, he breaks down defenses like a supercomputer. Under pressure, he delivers because it seems as if he slows the game down to his pace and dissects everything on the field. Notice where he puts the football....right where the reciever can catch it.

Longevity in the league is one thing, but we only have what he has given us.....and so far, his contribution is up there with the best at his position.

Clearly Antwoine Smith must also be one of the elite runningbacks in the league since he also has 2 superbowl rings:confused:

Kurt Warner also comes to mind......he was the 2nd coming of christ it seemed for a couple years.............guess nobody saw that he was so successful due to his WR corps.

Sure, Kurt had 2 GREAT WRs and 1 GOOD WR....and 1 GREAT RB.

Brady does not....he motivates those players on the field...surely you can see it!....similar to what Dan use to do.

Under pressure, he delivers because it seems as if he slows the game down to his pace and dissects everything on the field.

Are you kidding me?

I can't float with that one because I actually watched the SB. And I went back through their game tapes from this past season. Almost EVERY time defenses got pressure on him he came apart at the seams.

Given all day.....hell ya.....he makes plays....most NFL QBs do the same with that amount of time.

Funny how he failed to dissect that Panther he threw the ball directly to when a lineman got close to him.

Edit: I guess Trent Dilfer was the next coming of Montana too when he got a SB Ring with the Ravens too eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Under pressure, he delivers because it seems as if he slows the game down to his pace and dissects everything on the field.

Are you kidding me?

I can't float with that one because I actually watched the SB. And I went back through their game tapes from this past season. Almost EVERY time defenses got pressure on him he came apart at the seams.

Given all day.....hell ya.....he makes plays....most NFL QBs do the same with that amount of time.

Funny how he failed to dissect that Panther he threw the ball directly to when a lineman got close to him.

That is very inaccurate. Sure, when he gets pressure, sometimes he may go down, but you also see him throw the ball away....and a LOT of times he still will get the ball to the open receiver....this happened more often than him eating dirt.

Sure, Kurt had 2 GREAT WRs and 1 GOOD WR....and 1 GREAT RB.

Brady does not....he motivates those players on the field...surely you can see it!....similar to what Dan use to do.

Dood...Brady is a good/possibly great QB...I'm not denying the guy has skills. I'd rather see him throwing a ball for the Dolphins than Fiedler....but he's NOT elite.

That is very inaccurate. Sure, when he gets pressure, sometimes he may go down, but you also see him throw the ball away....and a LOT of times he still will get the ball to the open receiver....this happened more often than him eating dirt.

Watch some tapes....you'll find that's not true.

We almost, and should have, beaten them TWICE. Does that mean we are also better than the '72 phins. LMFAO

Watch some tapes....you'll find that's not true.

I do watch tapes. Otherwise, I would not be offering my opinion on this subject. I know what I have seen and the proof positive is right there in the actual stats....if he folds so much under pressure, then why does he ONLY HAVE 12 INTS for the season?

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
This is why the Patriots make me sick, Look what happened to Brady when he was pressured, he throws a pick in the endzone that would of more then likely put the game away.

Better then Marino and Elway my *** he's not even better then Peyton Manning. Stat wise he wasn't even the best QB on the field yesterday. now excuse me I have to go puke again. :rolleyes2

That is why the Pats are the epitome of the term, team. When the team as a unit breaks down, Brady is about as ordinary as they come, as was evidenced by the example you used. I don't like them either but we must give the devil his due. BB gets the very most out of what he has, Wanny can only dream oh that. Folks say we blew big chunks against Tenn [which we did
] beCAUSE Zack and pat were out. Well, IMO, it's just another excuse this team is used to. BB was down a helluva lot more players than we were but yet they didn't miss a beat for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom