More post-Super Bowl Insanity: | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More post-Super Bowl Insanity:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Actually...I never got to celebrate one Fins title...I was born in 1976...but I do remember Fins-49ers SB...Marino's only SB...sad he lost...but you can't take away from his accomplishments...I got a little offended...I really don't like when others talk $hit about my team or my favorite player of all time...especially when you do it on this message board...so I will not go back and forth with this...congrats on the two SB titles...we'll see what the future holds and...I can't wait to play you guys next season!!! Dan is better than Brady...and will always be better than Brady. He's got two rings and so do a lot of mediocre players...he's good but not an elite QB imo...yet and it still remains to be seen!!!

Go Fins!!!

Fair enough Sal.

I was (and still am) a huge fan of Dan Marino. I grew up idolizing the pure drop back, strong arm QB's who loved the vertical passing game (Namath, Bert Jones, Marino, Elway).

Right now, Brady is not in Marino's class (no matter what any Pats fan says). He's off to a good start but lets see what he does the next 10 years or so.

Originally posted by fearthefish
superbowl wins is a team stat not an indivudual one. Say it with me "All the Patriots do is win"... not Brady. he is getting way too much credit for the teams success.

I agree 100%. Brady doesn't win games, the whole team does, and it isn't just the players. They have great coaching and the players bought into the system and it worked. They play with a lot of heart and even though I think they are very lucky they find a way to win every game.

Brady is good...not in the qb class of Marino...Elway...Montana...yet...will he...who knows and yes...he is off to a great start...PatsFanTX...now football is a team game but as much as I hate to admit this...Brady has won games in pressure situations for the Pats...I disagree with this statement "Brady doesn't win games"...he has...look at his 4th qe comebacks...and look at how he has handled pressure...God that was hard to say and admit!!!

Go Fins!!!

Brady assists in winning games, someone still has to catch the ball and someone still has to block for them to get in the endzone. The final standings didn't look like this

Brady 14-2
Dolphins 10-6
Bills 6-10
jets 6-10

If the Patsies would have lost would it be right to say that Brady lost the game? Of course not

Originally posted by Gonk
In their first four years:

Tom Brady: 10233 yds, 69 TD's, 38 INT's
League stats:
(Did not finish in the top 10 of any category in 2000 or 2001)
Pass attempts: 2002-3rd, 2003-5th
Completions: 2002-4th, 2003-6th
Passing yards: 2002-6th, 2003-6th
Passing TDs: 2002-1st, 2003-10th

Dan Marino: 16177 yds passing, 142 passing TD's, 67 INT's
League stats:
Passing yds: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-3rd
Passing TD's: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-2nd
Pass attempts: 1984-1st, 1985-2nd, 1986-1st, 1987-2nd
Pass completions: 1984-1st, 1985-1st, 1986-1st, 1987-3rd

He's good, but hardly Dan Marino.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Marino's greatness was defined by the numbers he put up during the regular season. Brady, to this point, is defined by the championships he has led his team to.

If you insist on comparing stats, you can't ignore the number of Super Bowl Championships, as well as the Super Bowl MVPs. You want to make an argument that those aren't the most important stats?

Originally posted by Muck
There's no denying that Brady is becoming one of the elite QBs in today's NFL. He's already raced out to an unbelievable start for his career. As you guys know (and are probably sick of hearing), I respect the hell outta Tom Brady and his game. But I'll tell you this, I'd put him up against any other QB in this league without the slightest hesitation.

But I think these guys are a little too overzealous here. They're saying he's surpassed the best of the best who did it for 15+ years. Not quite. But he's on the Hall of Fame path if he keeps going.

Me too Muck! I don't understand why people want give Brady the respect he has coming to him.
I'll take it one farther. The PATS are due the same respect! They are one hell of a fine football team.

Are they as good as the 72 dolphins? I don't think so...nowhere near the running game. Can't control the clock. 72 dolphins literally emasculated the defense of the opposing team.

Originally posted by Superself

I do watch tapes. Otherwise, I would not be offering my opinion on this subject. I know what I have seen and the proof positive is right there in the actual stats....if he folds so much under pressure, then why does he ONLY HAVE 12 INTS for the season?

Nuff said....stats are everything....couldn't have been a poor throw if it didn't end up in an Interception....

I know several Pats fans that agree with me 100% on my points about Brady.

But...like you said.....all the proof is in the stats. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

Fair enough Sal.

I was (and still am) a huge fan of Dan Marino. I grew up idolizing the pure drop back, strong arm QB's who loved the vertical passing game (Namath, Bert Jones, Marino, Elway).

Right now, Brady is not in Marino's class (no matter what any Pats fan says). He's off to a good start but lets see what he does the next 10 years or so.

Brady should never have to put up the numbers Dan did. They can run the ball with some athority. Dan never had that luxery.

Originally posted by themole

Brady should never have to put up the numbers Dan did. They can run the ball with some athority. Dan never had that luxery.
why in the hell did we never get a running back in 17 years?

Originally posted by dolfan06
why in the hell did we never get a running back in 17 years?

I think it was a combination of car wrecks,cocaine,bad character and at one point an OL that could pass block but not run block.Webb and Simms come to mind.

People should stop comparing Marino to Brady,poor Dan is in his
40tys and has never won a Super Bowl.But he was the Best of
his time.

Originally posted by Dynasty
People should stop comparing Marino to Brady,poor Dan is in his
40tys and has never won a Super Bowl.But he was the Best of
his time.

That's right..and now it looks like he never will.

2 superbowls in 3 years...Nice hanging out up here with the eletes of the nfl ain't it.

Back
Top Bottom