More Tua Recognition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

He can't.. he'd rather pay $hundreds a year to PFF to find anti Tua stats than become a Supporter member who can access this insider info. From his fragile mental state already, maybe it's better that he can't
I don't pay hundreds to PFF. I don't have a membership. You just lazily didn't look up what's available for free.

FFflfS6VgAIhYVT

20211201_162219.gif

Your argument breaks down right at the point that the OL joins the discussion. How in the **** is Tua supposed to throw long behind what is easily the worst OL in the league?? He doesn’t have time. Period. So, Tua gets rid of the ball as fast as possible….That is why his IAY is low. That has to be simple to understand….No?
No. Brady throws on average .01 seconds faster than Tua, but is 15th in IAY (8.1).

If you want to say that reason he throws short passes is due to the line. That's fine. However, I think using completion % as a plus is kind of cheap. Short passes are always going to have higher completion %. Look at Tua's numbers in the 10-20 yard range.

Huh? How does games played automatically average the stat down?

I'm not saying they suck, but when you are 2nd lowest in IAY per attempt. Using a completion % stat is kind of cheap.
If Tua were to put up 150 more passing attempts it would skew the metric. For instance, if he were to launch one incomplete bomb for 50 yards. Hell, do that 3 times and you move up a few notches in that stupid stat. I would take completion % over INTENDED air yards anyday.

Also, what destroys your IAY is the CAY where he is 18th, smack in the middle. If you are going to put his completion % on blast, at least use the correct stat, completed yards per attempt.

If Tua were to put up 150 more passing attempts it would skew the metric. For instance, if he were to launch one incomplete bomb for 50 yards. Hell, do that 3 times and you move up a few notches in that stupid stat. I would take completion % over INTENDED air yards anyday.

Also, what destroys your IAY is the CAY where he is 18th, smack in the middle. If you are going to put his completion % on blast, at least use the correct stat, completed yards per attempt.
No. I'm sorry. That doesn't make any sense. More pass attempts wouldn't skew anything by itself. It would depend on the air yards of each attempt. He could attempt passes for fewer air yards or more air yards. That's the only thing that changes it. The amount of games played is rather irrelevant.

No. I'm sorry. That doesn't make any sense. More pass attempts wouldn't skew anything by itself. It would depend on the air yards of each attempt. He could throw for fewer air yards or more air yards. That's the only thing that changes it. The amount of games played is rather irrelevant.
My post explains why right after your bold portion. More games, more attempts. More attempts, more yards possible, incomplete or not. But you just skipped over the fact that you used the wrong stat per your argument. Thats fine, it just bolsters my original point of you cherry picking.

No. Brady throws on average .01 seconds faster than Tua, but is 15th in IAY (8.1).

If you want to say that reason he throws short passes is due to the line. That's fine. However, I think using completion % as a plus is kind of cheap. Short passes are always going to have higher completion %. Look at Tua's numbers in the 10-20 yard range.
Brady gets rid of the ball faster than Tua because he's been in the league 20 years and can read the defense pre snap so well he knows where his opening will be.

Do you wish injury on regular people or just sports players?
If memory serves me correctly, one or more Fins had been cheap shotted at that point so in my anger and frustration, I indicated we should give what we get. And yes, I believe in "an eye for an eye."

Let me ruin your week, w/o getting too specific: Any interest by the fins was a falsehood generated by Houston. We were never seriously interested in Watson beyond due diligence and his unsavory character is something Ross would be inclined not to associate with .

Brady gets rid of the ball faster than Tua because he's been in the league 20 years and can read the defense pre snap so well he knows where his opening will be.
Tua is not in Brady's class yet, obviously, but his release time already is among the elite.

My post explains why right after your bold portion. More games, more attempts. More attempts, more yards possible, incomplete or not. But you just skipped over the fact that you used the wrong stat per your argument. Thats fine, it just bolsters my original point of you cherry picking.
I didn't skip over anything. It doesn't make any sense. More games and more attempts just means more total attempts and total yards. It has nothing to do with IAY per attempt.

You can have a sample size of one game. Attempt 8 yards per pass. Another game doesn't mean your attempted yards per attempt will go up or down. It just means a larger sample. We aren't really dealing with a SSS issue here either.

Back
Top Bottom