More Tua Recognition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

Completion % doesn't mean much when you have the 2nd lowest (Goff #1) IAY per throw in the sport.
You know you are a joke of a poster right. You try so hard to cherry pick stats then most of the time you don't even understand the stats.
Here is the breakdown of Tua vs Brady and Herbert over the last 3 weeks(since Tua returned from injury).
Throws less then 10 yards.
Tua- 51/58 87.9% 1td
Hebert- 63/79 79.7% 4td 1int
Brady 62/85 72.9% 4td 3int

Throws between 10-20 yards
Tua- 7/13 53.8% 1td
Herbert- 11/19 57.9% 1td 1int
Brady- 11/23 47.8% 1td 1int

Throws over 20 yards
Tua- 2/3 66% 1td 1int
Herbert 3/6 50% 1td 1int
Brady 3/6 50%

Also Tua only played 2 quarters of the Baltimore game. That is a whopping 4 more completions at 10-20 and a massive 1 more completion at 20+ over 3 games. You just don't understand modern football QBs don't just sling downfield a lot.
It is also hard to throw downfield when you have the worst oline in football.

I didn't skip over anything. It doesn't make any sense. More games and more attempts just means more total attempts and total yards. It has nothing to do with IAY per attempt.

You can have a sample size of one game. Attempt 8 yards per pass. Another game doesn't mean your attempted yards per attempt will go up or down. It just means a larger sample. We aren't really dealing with a SSS issue here either.

Dude.

Also, what destroys your IAY is the CAY where he is 18th, smack in the middle. If you are going to put his completion % on blast, at least use the correct stat, completed yards per attempt.

Dude. That's an entirely different discussion. Stay on point here.

You stated, "You do understand the difference between games played averages down right? "

That's not true. More games played doesn't automatically average down (or up) IAY per attempt. Do you agree?

@Mods if need be, please remove mine and Delvin's inflammatory posts.... to thwart his hijacking attempt to get this moved to the Depths.... This is an important OP
Or just close it and take the constructive comments to the one started before this one

Dude. That's an entirely different discussion. Stay on point here.

You stated, "You do understand the difference between games played averages down right? "

That's not true. More games played doesn't automatically average down (or up) IAY per attempt. Do you agree?
I'm fairly positive you have no idea how sample sizes work. But deflect away my man.

@Delvin Did Tua toilet paper your house or knock your sister up or something? Your dislike of the guy is quite bizarre but hey to each their own.

I don't think he is at this point a top ten qb in the league,but I think with a better line and some consistency can be quite good on his day and still has room to get better.

I'm fairly positive you have no idea how sample sizes work. But deflect away my man.
Deflection? I'm responding. to the point you made, and you wanted to move goalposts.

If you want to discuss IAY/PA vs CAY/Cmp, have at it, but that's a different than what we were discussing.

LOL. Makes personal attack and says I'm cherry picking stats THEN proceeds to cherry pick stats.

You CANNOT make this stuff up.

And I see you have nothing to counter the actual raw numbers over the last 3 weeks since Tua has returned from injury.That is not cherry picking stats.

Being stupid with stats is claiming a player only has a high completion% due to a low IAY.

Let me guess you still think oline is not really that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah did your little feeling get hurt. Stop making joke *** posts and I wouldn't say it.

And I see you have nothing to counter the actual raw numbers over the last 3 weeks since Tua has returned from injury.That is not cherry picking stats.

Being stupid with stats is claiming a player only has a high completion% due to a low IAY.

Let me guess you still think oline is not really that bad.
You cherry picked a player's good 3 games and cherry picked a player's bad 3 games, and made a comparison. Hate to break this to you, but that's the very definition of cherry picking stats actually.

The lesson here is you can only cherry pick stats for Tua if it shows he good.

Back
Top Bottom