More Tua Recognition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More Tua Recognition

No. Brady throws on average .01 seconds faster than Tua, but is 15th in IAY (8.1).

If you want to say that reason he throws short passes is due to the line. That's fine. However, I think using completion % as a plus is kind of cheap. Short passes are always going to have higher completion %. Look at Tua's numbers in the 10-20 yard range.
As I asked in another thread….If Completing 80% is so easy as you insinuate… Why doesn’t every QB do it?? If Brady is throwing 1 hundredth of a second faster… Why doesn’t he have an 80% completion rating all the time? He’s done it once this year against Philadelphia (81%). As for completion percentage for the year….He’s at 67.6%. Tua, with a completely inferior offense surrounding him, has been over 80% 3 times (Carolina, Jets and Atlanta). For the year he’s 70.5 %.

Again….Tua has no choice to throw quick or he ends up with broken ribs. So a low IAY is a product of this offense. Regardless, hitting 80% of your passes against an NFL defense is impressive. Doing it with this offense is even more impressive….And doing it against the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL is more impressive still.

If you can’t see that, your hatred for Tua has officially blinded you.

Good post.

I think it's certainly a winning formula IF your defense is very strong. Can your offense adjust out of game management mode when it needs to? IMO, I didn't see much of that from Tua when the defense wasn't holding teams down earlier in the season.
I know you can't respond, but just wanted to add a little.

We didn't see it out of the Dolphins earlier this season, because the entire team was out of whack. The new offense was in it's infancy, and most of the players on offense didn't have a strong understanding of the scheme. It was reported in the pre-season that many were struggling with it. Tua was reported to have had such a solid grasp on it he was having to teach the other players.

How smooth and efficient can an offense be if the QB is the only one with a strong grasp? Here we are, several games later, and it looks much smoother with less instances of multiple receivers being in the same location (still happens, but seems less frequent), and no hitches from Tua. I think that can definitely be at least partially chalked up to familiarity and comfort amongst the players.

Herbert's pass chart in week 12. You see 4 pass attempts in 25 to 30 yard range, but the vast majority is 10 yards or less. I don't see a single pass on that chart that screams Tua doesn't have the arm to attempt that pass.

pass-chart_HER031169_2021-REG-12_1638148728319.jpeg

As an early-and-often Tua cheerleader, I just hope y’all stick around on the bandwagon when he stops playing like an All Pro. He’s 23 and playing behind the worst OL in football. This is a nice streak, but he’s going to come back down to Earth. He’s neither a bum nor a superstar. Yet. Patience.

I think this is huge to remember. He’s going to have some average to bad games still. Great QBs do too. These 3 games have been nice, but they don’t solidly prove anything and neither do the bad games.

But they can give us glimpses. And the glimpses are something special. Whether he ends up as that it’s anyone’s guess. But my guess would be yes based on what I’ve seen. He still needs help though. I hate to see this board come week 18 when he has a couple subpar games the rest of the way.

Tua's chart for comparison. Nothing over 20 yards, but more than enough effeciency to keep drives moving and that's all that matters.
pass-chart_TAG620344_2021-REG-12_1638133398193.jpeg
It's not even comparable. But could be week by week. Tua is averaging well, but it's TBD to put Herbert against him on week by week.

IMO if Tua keeps it up, we've got a OROY candidate. Bold, sure. But the fact that is even an option is unfathomable considering his adversity.

It's not even comparable. But could be week by week. Tua is averaging well, but it's TBD to put Herbert against him on week by week.

IMO if Tua keeps it up, we've got a OROY candidate. Bold, sure. But the fact that is even an option is unfathomable considering his adversity.
If Jefferson didn't win it last year, there's no way Waddle will win it this year.

We all know Mac Jones is winning it this year.

Herbert's pass chart in week 12. You see 4 pass attempts in 25 to 30 yard range, but the vast majority is 10 yards or less. I don't see a single pass on that chart that screams Tua doesn't have the arm to attempt that pass.

pass-chart_HER031169_2021-REG-12_1638148728319.jpeg

The biggest outliner here is how often Herbert is throwing to his dominate side over Tua. If your a defense looks like clamping up on that right side is the key to victory meanwhile Tua throws to either side about evenly. Have to watch tape to see if Herbert locks on but Tua seems to be going through progressions much faster.

As I asked in another thread….If Completing 80% is so easy as you insinuate… Why doesn’t every QB do it?? If Brady is throwing 1 hundredth of a second faster… Why doesn’t he have an 80% completion rating all the time? He’s done it once this year against Philadelphia (81%). As for completion percentage for the year….He’s at 67.6%. Tua, with a completely inferior offense surrounding him, has been over 80% 3 times (Carolina, Jets and Atlanta). For the year he’s 70.5 %.

Again….Tua has no choice to throw quick or he ends up with broken ribs. So a low IAY is a product of this offense. Regardless, hitting 80% of your passes against an NFL defense is impressive. Doing it with this offense is even more impressive….And doing it against the #1 rated pass defense in the NFL is more impressive still.

If you can’t see that, your hatred for Tua has officially blinded you.

Its funny that everyone is debating the "we dont know what we got in Tua"? Or as Keyshawn Johnson just stated, "Im not sold on Tua yet"... i mean cmon, isnt it obvious weve seen enough to know the Dolphins can win with him? Or at least made up our mind that he isnt a bust?

Im sorry but its dang obvious that theres double standards. Looks to me that people along with the media is waiting for him to fail so that they can find something to knit pick him. I feel as if this is happening only to Tua. And guys like Burrow and Herbert already proved themselves? Lol gimme a break!! Or when they have bad games they are exempt. Gee wiz!!

We all know Mac Jones is winning it this year.

Which is sad, because we all also know if Mac Jones was performing the same as a Carolina Panther or Detroit Lion he wouldn’t be winning anything.

But since the powers that be are pushing the next Tom Brady narrative and are in love with the Patriots org Jones‘ play is being overblown and overhyped.

Hopefully BUF and MIA’s defenses put an end to this crap narrative.

Back
Top Bottom