More wins: Phins or the Raiders | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More wins: Phins or the Raiders

byroan said:
Prorate?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: You can't be serious.
What do you expect from a guy who's in his 1st full season as a WR? Do you expect Ronnie Brown to come out and play like an All Pro right out of the gate? Most guys take time to develop and Curry showed more in his last 4 games than any WR on your squad over their entire career (except for Boston).

SoCal Raider said:
What do you expect from a guy who's in his 1st full season as a WR? Do you expect Ronnie Brown to come out and play like an All Pro right out of the gate? Most guys take time to develop and Curry showed more in his last 4 games than any WR on your squad over their entire career (except for Boston).

You can't prorate crap. I remember when Kurt Warner was suppose to break all of Marino's records. We see how that happened. Or how about Manning on pace for 60 TD's last season. You are still clueless as to what Booker and Chambers have done in their career.

Oaklandraider said:
You posted boston who only had one or two good seasons hes inconsistant.

Really? Let's comepare him to Curry then.

31 yards 0 touchdowns.
679 yards 6 touchdowns.

Oh yes, that Curry guy is quite the monster. He's actually so good he's still listed as QB on NFL.com.

Let's look at Boston now.

1598 yards 8 touchdowns.
1156 yards 7 touchdowns.

The truth is, you can't even compare the two, because Boston has so much more talent. Curry may be a good 3rd reciever, but Boston in an excellent 3rd reciever.

Both teams will be about .500, but, Miami will beat them. Don't forget our old OC works there. He may have all the tools but, I bet he forgets to bring the toolbox.

MoTown Finman said:
Both teams will be about .500, but, Miami will beat them. Don't forget our old OC works there. He may have all the tools but, I bet he forgets to bring the toolbox.

Maybe you guys but not us.

Oaklandraider said:
Maybe you guys but not us.
Moss does not make you instant contenders, Miami has a strong core of defensive players, which you do not. What has your team done to reinforce the o-line?Miami has done a good job at filling holes that needed to be filled, am i saying that they are going to be SB contenders? No, but they will be way more improved due to the draft and the signings that they have had. And once again, your QB is if anything below average, so i don't see you being as great as you think, Moss will still be a distraction and Jordan is going to fumble alot. remember, he was our backup and played on a limited basis, did he do his job? You damn right he did. But i would like to see his stamina last when he actually starts a game,

O line? our O line will be as solid as it ever was jake grove starting with robert gallery come on now!!! Our defense will have a good D-line we will play the 4-3
with Derric Buress,sapp,washington and Brayton Our line backers Danny clark, and Jay Foreman also kirk morrision the rook out of san diego our corners are solid Nnamdi Asomugha, C-wood saftys Stuart Schweigert and Derrick Gibson our D and O line will be solid.

Oaklandraider said:
O line? our O line will be as solid as it ever was jake grove starting with robert gallery come on now!!! Our defense will have a good D-line we will play the 4-3
with Derric Buress,sapp,washington and Brayton Our line backers Danny clark, and Jay Foreman also kirk morrision the rook out of san diego our corners are solid Nnamdi Asomugha, C-wood saftys Stuart Schweigert and Derrick Gibson our D and O line will be solid.

You have links for your players? That means you copied and pasted it. What'd you do look them up because you don't know who they are?

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Fins will have more: Raiders have no D and their Qb is too inconsistent
I have to call you out on this one. Sure Collins blows but doesn't Feeley?

And please spare me and dont say "he is the second coming of Dan Marino."

gr8slayer said:
I have to call you out on this one. Sure Collins blows but doesn't Feeley?

And please spare me and dont say "he is the second coming of Dan Marino."

As of right now, yes Feeley blows. But weve seen all that Collins can do, AJ still has the jury out on him. Its impossible to tell his full potential based on the god awful situation he was in last year.

Good lord.......I don't even know how this is a debate.

Jerry Porter will be 27 in July and last year was by far his best season with 998 yards receiving with 9 TDs. Porter's 2nd best season was in 2002 where he again played in all 16 games and only had 668 yards receiving with 9 TD's.

Ronald Curry will be 26 in less than a week and has had only 1 good season (granted he was a project coming out of college). Last year (his best year to date) he had 679 yards and 6 TDs in 12 games. This translates to 905.33 yards over a 16 games season.

Chris Chambers on the other hand will be 27 in August. Chambers has 3 800+ yard seasons (the only year he didn't have atleast 800 yards was in 2002 when he had 734 yards receiving in 15 games). Porter's best season looks a lot like Chambers best season....Chambers has been far more consistant though. Keep in mind that Chambers has played in garbage systems with garbage QBs.......Chambers also scores TDs.

Not only has Chambers put up the best numbers and been the most consistant of the 3 WRs listed but he also has better tools. It's no contest.

Moss>Chambers
Moss>Boston
Moss>Booker

Chambers>Porter
Chambers>Curry

Boston>Porter
Boston>Curry

Booker vs. Porter and Curry may be a bit different. Booker could still get 800-900 if he's the #2 receiver but Porter and Curry both have more skill. It's hard to tell who will be better next year though because Booker (while having less tools) has performed while Porter and Curry are both inconsistant.

byroan said:
You have links for your players? That means you copied and pasted it. What'd you do look them up because you don't know who they are?

No, I was just showing some stats to some guys if you did not know who they were!!!

Back
Top Bottom