Mort: Alosi suspended for season/fined 25k | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort: Alosi suspended for season/fined 25k

here's my take...after watching the replay over and over, i found it strange that these "staff and inactive players" were standing side by side, foot-to-foot on the line further forward than any other jet player or coach. and then i read yahoo this morning and this statement made sense:

"Alosi was standing next to several inactive players right on the edge of the sideline as Carroll came zipping by, leading some to speculate that perhaps the incident was planned"

now this makes a lot of sense being that we were killing the jets with punts and giving them poor field position. i can almost guaranatee rex told these individuals to stand there and prevent nolan from using the sideline to break free from the defenders.

nolan's mother even offerred her opinion:

Carroll's mother, Jennifer, is Florida's lieutenant governor-elect. She was disappointed to find out it was a strength and conditioning coach who did it.

"Here's a person that's on the team that understands the injuries of these players incurred day in and day out just from normal wear and tear," she said. "He's supposed to be healing these players and making them 100 percent to go out and execute and do their jobs."
She was also thankful her son escaped serious injury.
"It could have been a debilitating situation," she said. "If it were lower to his knee, he could have busted a knee cap. It could have put him out for the season or even for his career."

dbogs: I will check to see what Alosi's Mom has to say and get back to you:lol:

He should of been fired point blank. I would say the samething if it was the other way around and a Dolphins coach did it to a Jets palyer. There is no excuse for his actions. In the real world if you make a mistake that bad you lose your job, there's no fine and slap on the wrist. He easily could of ended Nolans season, what happens when he makes one more dumb mistake and someone ends up on IR. He should of been made an example of, they might as well just give all the Jets coach's hughe sticks and they can throw them at the punt gunners "Big Daddy" style.

I think he should have a permanent sideline ban. He can train guys, but he should not be allowed back on the sideline ever.

jetstrip11-1.jpg

the should suspend the rest of those guys too. look how their feet and bodies are lined up. that was planned

It was definitely set up.. Look at the two guys in the middle starting dead at the dudes knee.. Jets better get docked at least their first rounder.

Classless organization
Classless coach
Classless players
Classless fans.

Classless organization
Classless coach
Classless players
Classless fans.

the one who asks potential draftees if their moms are prostitutes?
The team that led the league in arrests?
If you want to see classless fans check out some of the attacks on me in the last couple of days.

the one who asks potential draftees if their moms are prostitutes?
The team that led the league in arrests?
If you want to see classless fans check out some of the attacks on me in the last couple of days.

128975892948038397-1.jpg

seeing as this coach stood up and admitted to his mistake then apologized for his actions and also considering it didn't change the outcome of neither the play or the game
and the player was not seriously injuried then in this case I feel the punishment fits the crime.

It was definitely set up.. Look at the two guys in the middle starting dead at the dudes knee.. Jets better get docked at least their first rounder.

Look at all the dolphins lined up staring at the Browns players knees, this was obviously set up:rolleyes2:
clear.gif

Look at all the dolphins lined up staring at the Browns players knees, this was obviously set up:rolleyes2:

That is true, most NFL sidelines are packed with teams watching the games. Hell head coaches are usually on the brink of standing in the field of play. While that maybe true, it is weird that there would be a bunch of inactive players and a behind the scenes coach standing side by side right next to the side line like that.

Most injured players are usually seen hanging out toward the back of the sideline unless they have a clip board and are helping with play calling. When Marshall and Pennington were hurt, they were hanging out toward the back and watching the game. They weren't standing right next to the sideline. Don't get me wrong, I have seen hurt players standing that close to the sideline before, but they are usually mixed in with other players and staff, but not lined up like they are waiting in the lunch line.

So you have to admit that those people standing there like that is a bit fishy. But unless some one snitches on them, the focus of the whole thing needs to stay on the coach that was involved. Now if the NFL insists on his dismissal, then he might be inclined to rat out anyone that allegedly told him to get in Carol's way.

P.S.- If the NFL doesn't do anything to the coach, I do suspect that they will make some rules saying who is allowed next to the sideline and who isn't.

That is true, most NFL sidelines are packed with teams watching the games. Hell head coaches are usually on the brink of standing in the field of play. While that maybe true, it is weird that there would be a bunch of inactive players and a behind the scenes coach standing side by side right next to the side line like that.

Most injured players are usually seen hanging out toward the back of the sideline unless they have a clip board and are helping with play calling. When Marshall and Pennington were hurt, they were hanging out toward the back and watching the game. They weren't standing right next to the sideline. Don't get me wrong, I have seen hurt players standing that close to the sideline before, but they are usually mixed in with other players and staff, but not lined up like they are waiting in the lunch line.

So you have to admit that those people standing there like that is a bit fishy. But unless some one snitches on them, the focus of the whole thing needs to stay on the coach that was involved. Now if the NFL insists on his dismissal, then he might be inclined to rat out anyone that allegedly told him to get in Carol's way.

P.S.- If the NFL doesn't do anything to the coach, I do suspect that they will make some rules saying who is allowed next to the sideline and who isn't.

My guess is more than the jets do that, none of us are focused on the sidelines so we have no idea if this is normal or not. I would think if it wasn't normal then Miami would have field a complaint.

They did nothing wrong standing there, if the dumb S&C coach wouldn't have bent his knee forward and tripped him nothing would have been made of this.

That's true. But I still have a nasty feeling the NFL will lay some kind of rule down about who can stand where. Seeing as how they love to crack down on everything anymore.

Back
Top Bottom