Mort Just Said... (Rumor) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Just Said... (Rumor)

AbraxasXIII said:
They got Rivers, a 3rd in 2004 and a 1st and 5th in 2005

wow, the Giants got RAPED there, I wonder if that was SD's plan all along?

Agent51 said:
Thats what I was gonna post. 2 first rounders is VERY tempting, but I don't think we can afford to drop down to 12. We'd go from having our choice of 1 of the top 2 QBs (assuming SF sticks to their guns and takes Rogers or Smith), the 2 top WRs, and the 3 top RBs, to most-likely NONE of those 6 guys being available, PLUS, DJ and Rolle will prolly be taken a pick or two ahead of us if we drop to 12, THEN who do we take? Now suddenly we go from having our choice of any stud we want to having the best available being possibly Spears or Pollack, and defense isn't a first round choice in this draft. I think the best scenerio, for us, would be make the SD trade, let em get their WR, then we take their 12 and 28, then we trade up to like 6-8ish and get Benson or Williams (since Brown will prolly be gone). Not sure who'd we go for with that 28th pick though (assuming we kept it if we trade back up). Maybe we could go defense and go Pac Man Jones at DB, we'd get not only a shut down corner to replace Surtain but also a very talented playmaker on kick returns.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock was on the radio here a couple of days ago, and he said that if Rodgers doesn't go #1, he could drop out of the top 10. For whatever that is worth...

DolfanDaveInATX said:
NFL Network's Mike Mayock was on the radio here a couple of days ago, and he said that if Rodgers doesn't go #1, he could drop out of the top 10. For whatever that is worth...

I think people have not studied him as much as other players thinking that the Niners are a shoe-in to take him.It would offset some of draft charts IMO.

DolfanDaveInATX said:

well to ME it's not worth much, because I am very adamant about not using our first round pick PERIOD, be it #2 or #12, on a QB when there are three mouth-watering running backs right there that are each capable of making a difference right away while we take a 2nd or 3rd round QB and he learns for 2 years-ish. The only way I would want a round 1 QB is if we got 2 1st rounders and took a RB first, but even in that situation, they may drop from the top 10 but I doubt Rogers or Smith would be around for our SECOND 1st round pick, AND, the idea of drafting one of the big three and then maybe WR Williamson is WAY more appealing than any combo of a different position and a QB in round 1

KB21 said:
Value of the 2nd pick - 2,600 points

Value of the 12th and 28th picks combined - 1,860 points

San Diego still has a lot of making up to do to get a deal done for this pick.

Screw the chart!

Back
Top Bottom