Mort Says We Took Feeley Too Early | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort Says We Took Feeley Too Early

34RWilliams said:
I'd rather have Feeley, still young has alot of potential and can likely lead this team. Collins is old and would'nt fit well with a run-based team. MOrts good point was that Feeley was learning the offense early his bad poiunt was basically evrything else he said

Are you nuts? Collins has achieved more than Feiedler and Feely combined. He's led a mediocre team to the SB. Imagine what he could do with RW. This guy is an overachiever. If Feely does not pan out, Spielman will be criticized as much as Wanny for sticking w/ Fielder. I'm not saying Feely can't eventually be better, at this point in tme Collins is better than any of the qb's you guys have.

Collins is mental. Maddox is mental. Warner is a freaking walking stiff. Feeley is young and has "potential". I think the Dolphins made the best move possible at the time in regards to QB.

My only negative to everything is that Fiedler is still around. I would have sent him walking back in March and gone after a veteran QB that is hungry. But at that time there really weren't any around, so there you go.

Collins is mediocre at best. He is a non-mobile QB whose does best when he has time to sit in the pocket and scan the field. He has a strong arm and good release, but is prone to making poor decisions. We have a guy that is more athletic, but is also prone to making bad decisions. JF gets more done with his athleticism than Collins does with his strong arm and release. Now, don't get me wrong, if I had to choose, it would be Collins. But for what the Fins need for this year, I don't think Collins is the answer. Also, he will want starter money and in our situation, may not get the nod over AJ (if we picked him up now)...I am satisfied with JF as a backup, but if he can be had for the league minimum, I would dump JF and go with Collins as the 2nd stringer...

Justasportsfan said:
Are you nuts? Collins has achieved more than Feiedler and Feely combined.

He also has a careeer QB rating five points LOWER and a fumble frequency rate three time HIGHER than Fiedler.

DrAstroZoom said:
He also has a careeer QB rating five points LOWER and a fumble frequency rate three time HIGHER than Fiedler.

The dude in the chair packs an extremely hard "right hook" and curiously has extensive range. :cooldude:

Justasportsfan said:
Are you nuts? Collins has achieved more than Feiedler and Feely combined. He's led a mediocre team to the SB. Imagine what he could do with RW. This guy is an overachiever. If Feely does not pan out, Spielman will be criticized as much as Wanny for sticking w/ Fielder. I'm not saying Feely can't eventually be better, at this point in tme Collins is better than any of the qb's you guys have.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

hunter5nc1 said:
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the guy with "AJ4Pres" in his description got confused as to who he was quoting. :lol:

FinFan57 said:
According to Chris Mortenson of ESPN, we took Feeley too early and should have waited. Hindsight is always 20-20, and I still like the upside of AJ, but Collins would be a very nice addition right now.

This is what Mort had to say in the Chat Wrap:

Mort: Dave Wannstedt told me on Sunday during the draft that he basically was sticking with Feeley and Fiedler. Personally, I think they moved too early on Feeley and should have waited on Collins and Warner, but they are the ones who are held accountable, not me. Getting Feeley early got him in there learning the offense.

Mort has a good point about Feeley learning the offense early. Would it have been wise to wait and go for Collins or another veteran quarterback?

:confused:

And if Feeley would have been traded to lets say the Cowboys for even MORE than what the Dolphins gave up,,, the same people that have B!TCHed about acquiring him would have been :cry: ing that we missed out on a great prospect !!!!! LOL

:shakeno:

:yell:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom