Mort: Suh signing with Miami | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort: Suh signing with Miami

No doubt, the owner sets the tone.

There's no discount here if there was I could see talking up someone in the personnel dept but the highest bidder it appears won which means the owner stepped up to a level no one else was willing to go...

Great for us...and if you are gonna start a thread and eat crow being the subject don't ask for others to eat it with you because you think the tannnebaum hire was a good one and think that it's the reason behind the signing...that's just bush league and disengenuine...but some just can't resist I guess

When I see the Raiders visit has been called off either by Oakland or Team Suh, then I will believe it.

Lots of talk the Raiders plan on beating Miami's offer with 70 million guarenteed. Again, this all was reported done deal, its miami for the past week. But 3 days ago he agrees to a meeting with the raiders!

Why would he if the deal was "locked up"?

I am sure Mort has heard this on good authority, sources he trusts. But I think Suhs people are behind the info and forcing the Raiders promise of a 70 mill guaranteed contract when he shows up next week. I also think Suh suddenly camping out in south beach last week was the first move in setting up this Miami is my first choice power play.

I expect the Raiders counter offer tomorrow.

When I see the Raiders visit has been called off either by Oakland or Team Suh, then I will believe it.

Lots of talk the Raiders plan on beating Miami's offer with 70 million guarenteed. Again, this all was reported done deal, its miami for the past week. But 3 days ago he agrees to a meeting with the raiders!

Why would he if the deal was "locked up"?

I am sure Mort has heard this on good authority, sources he trusts. But I think Suhs people are behind the info and forcing the Raiders promise of a 70 mill guaranteed contract when he shows up next week. I also think Suh suddenly camping out in south beach last week was the first move in setting up this Miami is my first choice power play.

I expect the Raiders counter offer tomorrow.

I'm not sure that report about the Raiders was even accurate.

They stopped making it like 10 years ago. I guess people complained enough over those years that Coca-Cola decided to bring it back in limited capacity as a test. They just started selling it in certain places in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and I think a few other south east states. On my way home from Florida I decided to stock up at a place in Georgia.

B_g2G3lWEAEGpwi.jpg

I think amazon started selling it too.

Tannenbaum and Suh's agent are very close. Both are Parcells disciples.

“@JasonPhilCole: Also, strong relationship between Suh's agent Jimmy Sexton and #Dolphins exec Mike Tannenbaum (both are Parcells guys) helped deal”

There's no discount here if there was I could see talking up someone in the personnel dept but the highest bidder it appears won which means the owner stepped up to a level no one else was willing to go...

Great for us...and if you are gonna start a thread and eat crow being the subject don't ask for others to eat it with you because you think the tannnebaum hire was a good one and think that it's the reason behind the signing...that's just bush league and disengenuine...but some just can't resist I guess

It is not bush league. It is called being fair. I am the first to call myself out when I miss. I think people appreciate it. However, what I truly appreciate is an accurate "historical record". People **** on Tannenbaum when he was hired and today it seems he snagged the best FA in years. Just give the man credit...

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

“@JasonPhilCole: Also, strong relationship between Suh's agent Jimmy Sexton and #Dolphins exec Mike Tannenbaum (both are Parcells guys) helped deal”

Imagine that.

Tannenbaum and Suh's agent are very close. Both are Parcells disciples.

Im not arguing that...i get it...but do you think he comes here because of that relationship if miami comes in a lower bidder? Seems pretty obvious what suhs sides goal was to me

Im not arguing that...i get it...but do you think he comes here because of that relationship if miami comes in a lower bidder? Seems pretty obvious what suhs sides goal was to me

I think he could of got similar money other places easily.

And people really underestimate the control over players and teams that sports agencies have. Relationships are huge. His agent could of just as easily pushed him to a different team for whatever reason.

The wheels were turning for this deal a long time ago, when none of us could of even imagined Suh to Miami. I don't think that happens if there is no relationship between agent/tannebaum.

Lets wait for the official terms tuesday anyways...maybe then there could be a small discount due to relationships...i doubt it but maybe...we will see...and if there is i will acknowledge it if theres not i dont much care either...we landed the best free agent to hit in 20 years

I think he could of got similar money other places easily.

And people really underestimate the control over players and teams that sports agencies have. Relationships are huge. His agent could of just as easily pushed him to a different team for whatever reason.

The wheels were turning for this deal a long time ago, when none of us could of even imagined Suh to Miami. I don't think that happens if there is no relationship between agent/tannebaum.

So if Detroit could match why didnt they? As for the no one could imagine suh in Miami dont include me in that...i was the first on here to say miami should go all in if hes not tagged...when miami wasnt even a blip on the radar screen...

This was a no brainer to pursue the moment they passed on the tag...and one i was pushing well before it even

That probably reads as arrogant but you know what people dont like on here...accuracy...they take it as arrogance on repeat...well tough ****

I also believe that this signing will make Miami the hot spot (no pun intended) for attracting players going forward.

I am wondering if Wallace changes his tune now too.

:bobdole: Only on the internet will people be both happy something got done, and bitch about who got it done.

Back
Top Bottom