Mort: Suh signing with Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mort: Suh signing with Miami

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 12s13 seconds ago
People are already lining up to play with Suh. Dolphins clearly won big.

Not sure if he is correct or what

I'm guessing this is speculation on Kelly's part (given his track record), but I think it's a good guess. I see vet FA who want to be a part of something great following a guy like Suh to a place like Miami (awesome weather, no state income tax) to play with a D that already has some nice pieces. With depth and a piece here or there, you're talking about a D that will finish the season in the top 2 or 3. It won't be everyone, but we should be able to get some guys cheaper than we would have otherwise.

DEC Management ‏@davidcanter 47s48 seconds ago
Numbers leaked now may be to get other suitors to step their offers up. Players can’t sign til Tuesday. No deal is don’t until it’s signed!

David Canter -- the turd that just won't flush.

DEC Management ‏@davidcanter 47s48 seconds ago
Numbers leaked now may be to get other suitors to step their offers up. Players can’t sign til Tuesday. No deal is don’t until it’s signed!

So again we have to wait until he actually signs the contract.

Aaron Rodgers is one happy camper right now

and Tom Brady not so much..

resized_tom-brady-crying-meme-generator-when-suh-sacks-me-he-touches-me-5528b9.jpg

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 7s8 seconds ago
FWIW: Source tells @NFLonFOX talks still ongoing b/n @NdamukongSuh & @MiamiDolphins. However, I don't doubt @mortreport of deal getting done

I did not mean to give no thanks. Blame the iphone

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 48s48 seconds ago
Dolphins are not in the market for any tier 1 ILBers in free agency. Might be rolling with Misi, Jenkins, Jordan & McCain with a draft one.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 12s13 seconds ago
People are already lining up to play with Suh. Dolphins clearly won big.

Not sure if he is correct or what

Omar actually makes a good point. If you're a corner who isn't getting the offers in FA that you want you could do worse than come and play in Miami on a one or two year deal figuring that DL is going to wreak enough havoc to make your job easier. Similar deal with ILBs.

I'm guessing this is speculation on Kelly's part (given his track record), but I think it's a good guess. I see vet FA who want to be a part of something great following a guy like Suh to a place like Miami (awesome weather, no state income tax) to play with a D that already has some nice pieces. With depth and a piece here or there, you're talking about a D that will finish the season in the top 2 or 3. It won't be everyone, but we should be able to get some guys cheaper than we would have otherwise.

Maybe- it could be like the Lebron situation.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
Right now it appears Miami's shopping for cornerbacks and safeties. BOTH positions are weak in this draft.

I'm pumped but with Tannehill's deal coming up, are we about to be in cap hell now?

Omar actually makes a good point. If you're a corner who isn't getting the offers in FA that you want you could do worse than come and play in Miami on a one or two year deal figuring that DL is going to wreak enough havoc to make your job easier. Similar deal with ILBs.

especially playing opposite Grimes

True, but Suh's contract is also about the size of both of their contracts put together. Albert signed for $46 million for five years and Wallace for $60 million for five years. Just saying. He's a ****ing phenomenal football player but that's a lot of money to put on the table and the expectations have to therefore through the roof.

Like I was saying yesterday, if he doesn't go into the HOF as a Dolphin -- meaning, he doesn't establish himself as one of the all time greats and do that wearing our uniform -- it probably won't have been worth it. This is Reggie White territory we just entered. Reggie became a Packer for life and helped bring a Super Bowl to Green Bay, but that's one of the few times deals like this have worked. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for bold -- at least take a shot, and if you're going to do it, do it on a guy like Suh -- but I think have to accept that the bargain has to be that we get a Suhperbowl out of this. That's where the bar is now.

I agree with this and unless he gets hurt, I see no reason not to expect this. His play so far has him on his way to canton and like you said, we have to take our shot with greatness and this guy is great. If it fails at least we tried while the alternative has seen us flounder the past 20 years

If I had time I would love to go through all the original threads with all the "Ain't happening" "move along nothing to see here" "forget about it" type of replies goes to show no one on this site knows ****!!

Back
Top Bottom