Moss a Titan | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moss a Titan

Breaking news from Adam Schefter on my Dolphins didn’t put in a waiver for Moss!!!!!!!

“Sparano decided not to claim Moss so they can utilize Dan Carpenter more. Sparano guarantees an increase in production from Carpenter to 7 field goals a game.”

Direct quote from coach Sparano:
“We don’t want Moss or the offense for that matter to take field goals away from Carpenter. We are looking to involve Carpenter in the game more often. Moss would only hinder Carpenter’s production.”

Imagine the last game of the season....Miami at New England....it's snowing like crazy. The game is tied at 21 late in the 4th quarter....Henne goes back to pass and hits Randy Moss for the game winner in Foxboro to help Miami win the AFC East. That will never happen now. :rolleyes2:

We could have had paybacks on Belichick for fleecing Welker from us, but NOOOOOOOOO, lets just stay pat. :rolleyes:

Imagine the last game of the season...Miami at New England....it's snowing like crazy. The game is tied at 21 late in the 4th quarter....Henne goes back to pass and throws a deep pass to Randy Moss for the game winner in Foxboro. Randy is tightly covered and doesn't feel like fighting for the ball. The cornerback intercepts it. The Patriots drive down the field to kick a game-winning field goal to help New England win the AFC East. That will never happen now. Thank God!

breaking news from adam schefter on my dolphins didn’t put in a waiver for moss!!!!!!!

“sparano decided not to claim moss so they can utilize dan carpenter more. Sparano guarantees an increase in production from carpenter to 7 field goals a game.”

direct quote from coach sparano:
“we don’t want moss or the offense for that matter to take field goals away from carpenter. We are looking to involve carpenter in the game more often. Moss would only hinder carpenter’s production.”

lmao

One player has 153 touchdowns and one has 6...just saying

One has been in the league 12 and 1/2 years and played in 194 games, and the other has been in the league 2 and 1/2 seasons and has played 39... just saying.

Knowing the Fins, they waited until the last possible second, found out that a team above the Jets and Patriots put a claim in and the goal was accomplished. The only thing is, we play that team next week LOL.

I was all for him, if we want to make a run (which can still happen) our chances of making one are improved with Moss next to Marshall in our WR corps. Adding Moss, IMO, would have just opened up more opportunities for Marshall, Bess and Fasano. Worse comes to worse, we cut him loose after the season . . . very minimal risk IMO. Lockerroom cancer? Just bench the guy if he acts up . . . we wasted plenty of money on Gerbil and Wilford . . . we couldn't risk 3 million to bring in arguably the greatest big play WR of all time? This isn't like bringing in a bum Cris Carter in, this was Randy Moss in the declining part of his prime . . . but still a great player and a PERFECT fit skill wise.

I would have rolled the dice, and I think by NOT rolling the dice, this team put its "conservative mindset" on display. We passed on T.O. and Moss this year, and then we start Bess over Hartline in the last game obviously because Hartline was underachieving. It's whatever, but I think we ****ed up on this one.

Call me a homer all you want, I'm glad Miami DIDN'T put a claim in for the guy. Let him go destroy Tennessee's lockerroom morale for the last half of the season.. If he even bothers reporting there.

He's got talent? Sure.. I don't think anyone here will question that. However, there's this little thing called lockerroom morale which can sink a team very quickly, especially a young one like Miami.

We're going to discuss potential? There was a ton of it in Minnesota with that offense.. Yet, how'd things turn out? They got a guy who gave a half hazard effort, who managed to alienate a large number of his teammates in less than FOUR WEEKS.

Oh and by the way? It's not like New England is "hurting" without him (as I suspected they would). I realize they have the Brady variable, however as it's been pointed out, there's a reason the Titans are going to be his third team in a little over half of a season.

Once upon a time, he was a great player.. Perhaps eventually this season he'll find the internal drive to be that guy again.

Since we're going to throw hypothetical "what ifs".. What if the Dolphins lose a handful of games with Moss here, he moans and groans, stops trying and talks down the organization like he did Minnesota?

Imagine the last game of the season...Miami at New England....it's snowing like crazy. The game is tied at 21 late in the 4th quarter....Henne goes back to pass and throws a deep pass to Randy Moss for the game winner in Foxboro. Randy is tightly covered and doesn't feel like fighting for the ball. The cornerback intercepts it. The Patriots drive down the field to kick a game-winning field goal to help New England win the AFC East. That will never happen now. Thank God!

I think alot of people will take Miami having a chance at the AFC East Title in that last game, right now . . . Moss would have increased those chances of that being a possibility (not saying it still can't happen).

I find it funny reading all the posts that are critisizing our FO. 21 other teams did not put a claim in on him. The Patriots thought so much of him, they got rid of him, and the Vikings (a losing team) cut him, but it is our FO that are idiots? Aren't you guys the same exact people that ***** about taking someone else's trash? After reading about what an *** this guy acted like, I did not want him in Miami - certainly dont want him to be an "example" for our young WR's, especially Marshall.

Good points, but I see a flaw in your reasoning. This is Randy Moss we're talking about.

- I see a selfish player who doesn't understand how to be a teammate.
- I see a man who's been a headache everywhere he's been.
- I see the man who on two occasions said that no-one on earth can make him play when he doesn't want to.
- I see the biggest diva that has ever appeared in the NFL.
- I see a major cancer that divides locker rooms.
- I see an aging player that will be totally unable to accept a role of less than #1 WR.
- I see a WR that only runs (sorta) deep routes anymore.
- I see a WR that won't go over the middle or fight for balls anymore.
- I see a supposed elite player that is now on his third team this season.

In short: I see an ***hole that thankfully won't be a part of our Miami Dolphins.

Randy Moss is not the end-all of WR's anymore. He used to be an elite talent. His talent no-longer makes up for his infant-like behavior.

Y'all can go ahead and vent all you want. I'm just going to kick back, relax, and be thankful that our FO didn't make the knee-jerk reaction move this time.

If people can't deal with Randy they don't deserve to be NFL head coaches.
If you can't stop one man from destroying your locker-room, find a new profession.

You see what you saw,
Now see what I see

I see a Tennessee Titan team that wants to win now.
I see a Jeff Fisher that knows there is not a player alive that will destroy HIS locker room.
I see a Tennessee Titan team that now makes the playoffs.

I see a Dolphins organization that is fine with being mediocre.
I see a team not willing to take a chance to win now.
I see a Dolphins team that comes up short making the playoffs, because we were lacking something...
That something is a deep threat that we could have had...
RANDY MOSS

To let one player "cancer" your lockerroom is a poor excuse for losing.
I am thoroughly disgusted today.

He is what he is. Leopards can't change their spots. Fisher thinks he can control Moss. I'm betting he can't.

Agree to disagree. :up:

Well good riddance as the Titans will need to control him. But it could be a plus for Vince Young.

Just answer this one question

Is Randy Moss a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Brian Hartline?

That question should be answered from a non statiscal perspective and a non subjective perspective. Simply ask yourself this... How does the defense prepare for facing Brian Hartline? Do they give him special attention? Do they shift safety help? Now same questions for Moss. Then ask yourself again SIGNIFICANT?? Anyone that demands extra attention on offense almost by definition is significant. So yes attitude aside, speaking about being an upgrade you bet he is. I do not care if he only gives effort 90% of the plays the defense still has to account for him. Who cares what he likes to eat.

And don't forget, after the game, he goes over and has a 3-way with Brady and Belecheat.....'cuz he loves those guys!!

Back
Top Bottom