Most catches for more yards... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most catches for more yards...

Would you bet money on Thompson going at least 4 catches for 75?

• Ya damn right. Anything for the team!

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Hell no. Not my cash. Prove something first.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
Alright, So I got Derrius Thompson as a sleeper on my cash league fantasy team (wait mod-it's a dolphin question).

So the question is....

Would you bet money on Derrius Thompson having at least 4 for 75 yards versus the old Jet corners this weekend?

Man, Zod... that one's right on the line. The 4 catches should come... whether they and one or two more amount to 75 yards is another question.

For my money, I'd say no. This is more likely to be a ground game for us, and Fiedler's only likely to throw 175 to 225 at most... and those yards get split up among 5 or 6 targets.

Yeah, we're running the ball first. If Ricky's eating them up, we'll PA and go deep to Chambers. Therefore, 3-for-45 is more what I'm expecting this Sunday. Maybe a TD to boot.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

:roflmao:

Why is that funny?

The year the Dolphins went undefeated the same statement would have been true.

And yet, they had an extremely efficient passing game with a HOF QB and a HOF WR who was among the best to ever play the game

Originally posted by zachseau13

Why is that funny?

The year the Dolphins went undefeated the same statement would have been true.

And yet, they had an extremely efficient passing game with a HOF QB and a HOF WR who was among the best to ever play the game
ooo...touchy are we?:lol:

I alreay said it in another thread...I am predicting Ricky over 100 yards on the ground which will mean CC over 100 yards and DT about 60 yards.

Paul Warfield - considered by some to be one of the top 3 WR to ever line up

Paul Warfield - considered by some to be one of the top 3 WR to ever line up
oh yes...thats right

btw..top 3?...maybe when he retired, but definately not since(not taking away from him, just pointing out the facts)

Played on predominant running teams but still managed 8,600 yards 85 TD's and a truly unbelievable 20.1 yards per catch career average.

Realize that average would be the best in the NFL every year in today's world and that was his career average.

Also, unless you saw him play, try not to compare him to other greats..

Was also a different era back then. DBs could grab, hold, and pretty much do what they wanted to the WR. Just a testament to Warfield's abilities.

Played on predominant running teams but still managed 8,600 yards 85 TD's and a truly unbelievable 20.1 yards per catch career average.

Realize that average would be the best in the NFL every year in today's world and that was his career average.

Also, unless you saw him play, try not to compare him to other greats..
sorry, you just never here his name mentioned...unless you are in Miami...I'm doubting he was a great HOF player...just not top 3...you look like a clod when you post statements like that.

Great post.

Here is what the HOF has to say about him:

"Paul Warfield is recognized as one of the premier wide receivers ever to have played in the National Football League. While his career totals for numbers of catches may not seem in line with those accumulated by other great receivers, as any student of the game understands, the truth isn’t always in the numbers."

"Even though he played on ball-control teams through most of his career, he managed to haul in 427 passes for 8,565 yards and 85 touchdowns. His 20.1 yards-per-catch mark ranks among the best in the history of the game. And he did it with a trademark smooth, graceful style that left observers and victimized defenders awestruck.

As a rookie, Warfield caught a career-high 52 passes. His outside speed was the perfect compliment to the power running of Jim Brown. During his first six years with the Browns, the team played in five conference championships, as well as the 1964 championship game. "

He also went to 3 SB's with the Fins.

Are they also "clods"?

Back
Top Bottom