Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

Hate to bust your bubble but he's on a pretty good stretch in 2018 too. Weekly thill update:
Through 8 games
16 TD
6 Ints
105 passer rating
5-3 record

Please tell me these numbers don't "tell the truth". I can't wait for for that.
Numbers in a vacuum never really tell the "truth" (whatever that is) but then again you know by now that I am not a fan of 'stats'.

What made Tannehill so good today were not his stats. Today he was not just part of an offense or just someone who is trying to just survive in the offense or trying not to make a mistake. Today he was the offense. He had not only crisp and accurate passes he directed and delegated the offense. He played through adversity without falling into the quicksand which he at times does. He kept pace with the Patriots offense.
The last TD (as much as we like to elevate Drake because he scored the TD or want to credit Stills and Parker for some great pitches or Larson for some great upfield blocking) was one of his best throws throws today. If that ball is a little to the right or left or higher or lower it is still a completion and it would be shown as such in the stats but that placement was in the only spot which enabled Stills to make a defender miss and turn it upfield. Without that pass we do not have all that other stuff.

So while all these passes in my example would have added to his great stats the pass would not have made a difference. I hope you understand what I am saying. Today he was not just a stat QB today he was a QB.

His stats against the Titans did not look that great but it was until today his best game as a QB this season.

Tannehill is a tough son of a gun. I don't think anyone who has paid attention to the Dolphins can doubt that. I actually feel bad for him. I know speculation isn't reality, but I do wonder what he could've been if he was drafted into a competent franchise with a competent coaching staff.
We all know he will have another year. It does not make financial sense to release him or trade him. Most options would be a lateral move at best anyways. No matter which side one is on the Tannehill issue we all have to agree that he will be with us next year.
Who knows maybe with some competition he will still become the franchise QB (stranger things have happened) or maybe not. Then he will be gone in 2020.
I want to see him continue to grow in the next three games. We are in a playoff race. Now he has to prove that he can handle the pressure and take today's show on the road to Minnesota.

Your posts consistently make me laugh. But I am embarrassed to say I don’t get this reference.

He was the first one who came to mind when DolfanDave made the post about some fans rooting for Tannehill to fail. He posted this gem not too long ago:

After watching Goff and Mahomes on Monday I have NO interest in watching the Dolphins with any of these current QBs on our roster. Our organization has always been behind the curve at the QB position but where we sit today our QB situation has never been worse. The league has passed us by at light speed.

Henne, Feeley, Culpepper none of them have come anywhere close to hurting this franchise as much as Tannehill has. Holding the team hostage for 7 years is inexcusable in my eyes and I will be rooting for us to lose every game for the rest of the season, call me a bad fan but I'm just over watching Tannehill as long as he is our starter I refuse to root for him to succeed. The guy is a cancer.

Then he was pooping on optimism...in the optimism thread, and in yesterday's game day thread. He hasn't been seen or heard from since the game ended.

Ryan and Gase seem to be playing themselves out of a shot at drafting a QB high in the draft, so better start thinking about one of those developmental guys if you want a rookie QB.

Otherwise I guess you can go all in on the Teddy B train- the options are going to be limited.

He was the first one who came to mind when DolfanDave made the post about some fans rooting for Tannehill to fail. He posted this gem not too long ago:

Then he was pooping on optimism...in the optimism thread, and in yesterday's game day thread. He hasn't been seen or heard from since the game ended.

And of course now he shows up, justifiably happy, and I feel like a tool.

Back
Top Bottom