Most Memorable Dolphins game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Memorable Dolphins game

GBpackers10

Active Roster
Reaction score
What is the greatest Regular season win for the Dolphins that you enjoyed of all time not counting the playoffs?

Here are a few:

Marino’s bomb to Duper to beat the Jets in the Orange Bowl in 1985.

Marino and Co. taking down the Bears on Monday night in 1985.

Marino and Duper again vanquishing the Jets in Miami in 1990.

Beating the Patriots in JRS in week 1 of 1994 when Dan Marino went off.

The “fake spike” in the Meadowlands in 1994.

Not among the more famous Dolphins games but I have a few that were not mentioned.
1992 week 5 at Buffalo
1991 week 13 at Chicago (blocked punt, and Clayton's magnificent catch on his back in the snow make this memorable. I still remember watching this game with my dad)
1991 at home against Cincinnati on MNF (Stoyo's slip on his one field goal is still great to watch)
2002 vs Chicago on MNF (the first all aqua game)
1995 week 3 vs Pittsburgh on MNF- This was the game that made me a believer we were going to the Super Bowl that year. I also love any time Miami beats up on Pittsburgh.
2008 at Kansas City
2008 at NYJ to close out the season

I have not seen the week 1 game against NE in 1994 yet. Nobody has it posted. Obviously I am very familiar with the game itself and the outcome. I just have not had a chance to ever watch the game in its entirety

1985 against Chicago on MNF is on my list as well but it has already been mentioned

Last edited:
My most memorable Dolphins game was the first game I actually went to. Dec 16 2007 Dolphins vs Ravens, where Greg Camarillo and Cleo Lemon reside as heroes in my mind forever. I was actually leaving to beat traffic before that last play, but something had me wait around in the tunnel just to see the end.

Afterward, just pure joy/euphoria, hugging and high 5ing strangers from all over, even a few tears because we FINALLY got our first win of the season and avoided 0-16

I would say the Monday night game where Chad Henne and Ted Ginn played huge va the Jets. I was in grad school and remembered staying up late putting off a paper that I had to write until four in the morning, but was going ballistic on a number of those throws and how exhilarating that game was

I would say the Monday night game where Chad Henne and Ted Ginn played huge va the Jets. I was in grad school and remembered staying up late putting off a paper that I had to write until four in the morning, but was going ballistic on a number of those throws and how exhilarating that game was
That’s a great example of a more recent game, albeit over 10 years old at this point. I would add the game at the Meadowlands later that same year (2009) when Ginn had back to back kickoff return touchdowns.

But I’m more of an old school guy so I like:

Patriots at Dolphins in 1985: Monday night matchup, and Miami clinches the division on a 4th quarter Fuad Reveiz FG.

Or Jets at Miami, on a Monday night in 1986: some minor revenge for the earlier loss at the Meadowlands, and an absolute annihilation of the Jets.

Or some gems from the Wanny era:

Miami at Indy in 2001: a real dogfight and Manning is taken out with an injury. Memorable for me because I thought it was Chambers’ coming out party.

NYJ at Miami in 2002: Miami finally beats the Jets after getting swept 4 years in a row; Ricky tramples the Jets for 150 yards.

Miami at Dallas in 2003: a nationally televised horse whipping of the Cowboys.

Not among the more famous Dolphins games but I have a few that were not mentioned.
1992 week 5 at Buffalo
1991 week 13 at Chicago (blocked punt, and Clayton's magnificent catch on his back in the snow make this memorable. I still remember watching this game with my dad)
1991 at home against Cincinnati on MNF (Stoyo's slip on his one field goal is still great to watch)
2002 vs Chicago on MNF (the first all aqua game)
1995 week 3 vs Pittsburgh on MNF- This was the game that made me a believer we were going to the Super Bowl that year. I also love any time Miami beats up on Pittsburgh.
2008 at Kansas City
2008 at NYJ to close out the season

I have not seen the week 1 game against NE in 1994 yet. Nobody has it posted. Obviously I am very familiar with the game itself and the outcome. I just have not had a chance to ever watch the game in its entirety

1985 against Chicago on MNF is on my list as well but it has already been mentioned
The 2008 victory over the Jets in NY to clinch the division was probably the greatest win of the last fifteen years (for whatever that’s worth).

But I’m more of an old school guy so I like:

Patriots at Dolphins in 1985: Monday night matchup, and Miami clinches the division on a 4th quarter Fuad Reveiz FG.

Or Jets at Miami, on a Monday night in 1986: some minor revenge for the earlier loss at the Meadowlands, and an absolute annihilation of the Jets.

Or some gems from the Wanny era:

Miami at Indy in 2001: a real dogfight and Manning is taken out with an injury. Memorable for me because I thought it was Chambers’ coming out party.

NYJ at Miami in 2002: Miami finally beats the Jets after getting swept 4 years in a row; Ricky tramples the Jets for 150 yards.

Miami at Dallas in 2003: a nationally televised horse whipping of the Cowboys.

In the Dallas game, both teams wore throwbacks. Miami wore the orange sock throwbacks.

I posted this once before....In another tread...

Games I was at: ( in no order)
Shula breaking the record with Doug Pederson as QB at Philly
Stoyanovich 59 yrd FG before half at Jets
Marino's fake Spike at Jets...
Doug Betters blocked extra point to save the win vs Eagles ( orange bowl ) 84
Keith Byers 77 run vs Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving. ( plus Stoyanich's FG in my end zone)
I was also at the 52 -45 (?) loss at the jets

The fake spike
Marino decimating the Bears vaunted defense
The very first wildcat game where we embarrassed the Cheats
Beating the Jets on MNF football on a Ronnie Brown TD with seconds left in the game.
So many to choose from!

Back
Top Bottom