Most Memorable Dolphins game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Memorable Dolphins game

My favorite games.....
'82 Jets at Miami - Von foot wins it on a last second field goal
'82 Championship game (Jets at Miami) - great game by Duhe
'85 Bears at Miami - classic game
'07 Ravens at Miami - great win in a otherwise dismal year
'18 Pats at Miami - The Miracle in Miami....nothing more needs to be said.

So many games tho, I just picked a few.

2002 Sunday night at Denver. Seemed like a back and forth between 2 very good contenders, Mares 50+ yd bomb the game winner

I love how this one is always mentioned.

It was my 1st ever Dolphins game I'd been to in person, and one of the few I've ever been to. I love that its considered up there among the recent "classics".

I'll never forget how insane the Broncos fans were, and how unbelievably silent they went when Mares FG went through the uprights.

Fiedler had broke his thumb if I remember correctly, we had lost Chambers to a concussion, Ricky was stopped all night...it had tons of adversity and we came away with the W. Fiedler was a warrior.

Here are a few:

Marino’s bomb to Duper to beat the Jets in the Orange Bowl in 1985.

Marino and Co. taking down the Bears on Monday night in 1985.

Marino and Duper again vanquishing the Jets in Miami in 1990.

Beating the Patriots in JRS in week 1 of 1994 when Dan Marino went off.

The “fake spike” in the Meadowlands in 1994.
Yes, that 1994 week 1 game was Marino's first after missing most of the prior year with the Achilles injury. So, not only did they win, but the 39 point outburst let us know that Marino was BACK! 473 yards and 5 TDs!

Only been a fan since 2016 but the Bills Christmas Eve game that year stands out. Was picked by sky sports as one of the live games to show in the UK that day and I felt soooooo nervous watching it it was when I realised I was going to be a Fin for life. I saw in Christmas day that year very happy, clutching a bottle of rum, watching Ajayi's 50 yard OT run on a loop.
Also whenever we've beat the Pats. That's always hilarious. Sometimes it's too funny

Been a fan since 2003.

First game I saw was blowing out Dallas thanksgiving. Will always stay with me

Monday night 2004 vs pats

Road game vs Jets 2008

Pittsburgh 2013

Road game vs Bills 2016

Seeing Oakland vs Miami live at the Orange Bowl 1984. Watching Mike Haynes and Lester Hayes battle Duper and Clayton, amazing. Mike Haynes is easily one of the best Cornerbacks I've ever seen. Also Marino shredding Pittsburgh in the 1984 season AFC championship in the Orange Bowl, that was something else.

Some of my favorites:
Dolphins beat the pats on SNF with AJ feely in 2004
Sage Rosenfels comeback v Bills 2005
Dolphins beat Jets 2008, Pennington beats his replacement in Favre for a playoff spot
Dolphins v Broncos 2002 (the game where Chambers got knocked out)
Hispanic heritage night versus the Jets in Henne's second start which we ran wildcat almost all game
Dolphins win vs Bills with Moore in 2016
Miami Miracle game
Dolphins beat Pats 2019

That’s a great example of a more recent game, albeit over 10 years old at this point. I would add the game at the Meadowlands later that same year (2009) when Ginn had back to back kickoff return touchdowns.
I went to that game. And JT had a 60 yard fumble return TD. Was a fun game.

I posted this once before....In another tread...

Games I was at: ( in no order)
Shula breaking the record with Doug Pederson as QB at Philly
Stoyanovich 59 yrd FG before half at Jets
Marino's fake Spike at Jets...
Doug Betters blocked extra point to save the win vs Eagles ( orange bowl ) 84
Keith Byers 77 run vs Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving. ( plus Stoyanich's FG in my end zone)
I was also at the 52 -45 (?) loss at the jets
These are some good ones. That 59 yard FG turned the momentum as crazy as it sounds.

2002 Sunday night at Denver. Seemed like a back and forth between 2 very good contenders, Mares 50+ yd bomb the game winner

I mentioned that on in my own. That was such an immensely physical, at times dirty game. It looked liked it belong to an era before it and definitely wouldn't happen now (Kennoy Kennedy would have been ejected for that hit on Chambers nowdays). Those looking at the box score afterwards wouldn't be able to tell how high stakes that game felt after everything that happened in it. And the teams both felt very signature at the time...

Unfortunately that game was one where we won the battle but lost the war. We lost Chambers for some time and our receiving corps was immensely in disarray and never recovered for the rest of the season...even bringing in legend Chris Carter didn't fix it when he dropped a TD in a key loss to Minny. But the big loss was Fielder...he played the best football of his career at the start of 2002 and that team felt like it was SB bound. We lost him for a while after that game and Lucas was so unfathomably bad he single-handedly killed momentum for a tremendously talented team.

So I will try not to repeat any as you guys have picked some terrific ones and reminded me of some I had forgotten.

A real treat - Cam Wake’s walk off Safety in OT vs the Bengals. I loved it because it was when they installed the new OT rules and after the refs explained the 57 ways the game could end, it was as if Wake said, “that’s too complicated - how about we end this right here right now”. What a thrill.

My most memorable game was in 1975. The 1st Football game I ever attended, I was just 12 years old. My uncle gave my Dad tickets to the Dolphins - Jets game at Shea Stadium. Miami beat the Jets that day 43 - 0, running all over the Jets. That's a memory instilled in me, I've never forgotten. There are other games of course. But this one stands out to me.

Back
Top Bottom