Most Overpaid Player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Overpaid Player

At least Jones is available, playing and working hard. I think the 'most overpaid' goes to nearly our entire WR core: Parker, Fuller and Preston Williams. Hopefully none of those 3 will be back next year. They just don't seem to have the desire to play any more (even when they're out there). I'm not sure of Williams' contract status, but whatever it is, he's overpaid.

It's Fuller easily. Byron Jones gets a bad rap, I think. He's a good CB. He's not X, but how many guys are. Game day threads are funny because anytime a receiver catches a ball, people are bitching about the defender. They are DBs....they all get burned. Suppose people will tell me Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes were bad Corners because Dan Marino lit them up for over 400 yards once (1984).

That said I’d like him to get back on the field along w Peter Parker.
You watch, if we string a couple more wins together they'll be yapping to get back out there.....we lose 1 or 2 and they'll never be seen again.

Parker is a fraud and I'm done with him regardless.

Is the player overpaid because he is hurt or not playing well? Fuller is on a one year deal and will be gone after the season, Parker has been here for years and had one productive season.
Jones is an easy target because he's being paid like a top 5 CB......

It's Fuller easily. Byron Jones gets a bad rap, I think. He's a good CB. He's not X, but how many guys are. Game day threads are funny because anytime a receiver catches a ball, people are bitching about the defender. They are DBs....they all get burned. Suppose people will tell me Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes were bad Corners because Dan Marino lit them up for over 400 yards once (1984).
Agreed 100%. He got one or two on him last night that he’d like back but look at his tackling and physicality and consider how many times LJ checked down last night. Why? Because guys were covered. It’s not always about the throws in one’s direction, it’s the throws that aren’t made. X is on another level and he’s had some pretty pedestrian moments this year too. Guys get beat. It doesn’t make them “overpaid” or worth “a third” of their salary.

This thread is ridiculous. Jones did a great job yesterday executing exactly what he was asked to do, which is an extremely tough position to put a CB in, except for just one play. He is not X, but very few are. Without Jones in there you cannot do what we wanted to do defensively yesterday. Keep guys in front and be a sure tackler. He had a great game yesterday that is being diminished based on one play.

Jones is a solid #2 CB. FA deals almost never turn out in a teams favor salary wise. It is what it is. That being said, we play a lot of man defense with no safety help and it looks particularly bad when any of our CBs get beat. Guys pick up a lot of extra yards.

Thread is ridicoulous? Bryon jones is the second highest paid player on the team. He is average at best. forces no turnovers. that money could be allocated on o line. way more impact

Back
Top Bottom