Most overrated athletes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overrated athletes?

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett
Chambers is not underrated nor overrated....he has done nothing to warrant either

never had a 1,000 yard season, yet never has lived off his reputation (see Mike Alstott and his trips to the pro bowl as FB)

Roger Clemens overrated???? How is he overrated? Well, maybe the 7 Cy Young were a little too much, huh!!!!!!

I was half expecting to see Konrads name on there.He is always appears as the most underated in these threads and I have bashed unmercifully for saying the opposite.Most overated.Ancient history now.People coming around to my trend of thought.:rolleyes:

Preist Holmes wins the award in my book. No one more recieves more praise for the work his O-line does. I mean he actually has the ability to walk in end zones when he wants with that line.

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

What? Marvin Harrison?, Roger Clemens? Off, way off. I wouldn't include Sapp in there either, though he's not as black and white as Harrison & Clemons to me.
Sam Madison is not underrated. Chris Chambers is not underrated.

NIMA said:
Preist Holmes wins the award in my book. No one more recieves more praise for the work his O-line does. I mean he actually has the ability to walk in end zones when he wants with that line.

He makes for a good FF pick though...

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Any Bronco running back, Sergei Federov, Priest Holmes, Martin Broduer, Derek Jeter, Jake Plummer, Eric Lindros.

Underrated: Tom Brady, Hines Ward, Joe Sakic, Markus Naslund, Eric Chavez, Johan Santana.

I'm sure there are many more for both categories...

How are Mike Vick and Jake Plummer over-rated atheletes? They are amazing atheletes. Maybe not the best quarterbacks, but you cannot say they are not atheletic.

Derek Jeter as overrated is absolutely ridiculous. I hate the Yankees but has there been a player who is more clutch than him? Overrated in baseball-Pedro Martinez, Underrated-Mark Buehrle. Overrated in the NBA-Amare Stoudamire, Underrated-Chris Webber. Overrated in the NFL-Clinton Portis, Underrated-London Fletcher. I wanna know how is Chris Chambers underrated? He's yet to have a "breakout" year, and I'm beggining to think he may not have one and never become a true #1 WR. Although not having a respectable QB has hurt him.

No way is Clemens overrated. He is one of the top 5 pitchers in the history of the game. Crazy.

Overrated, Ray Lewis, Urlacher, McNabb, Champ Bailey MOST overrated Charles Woodson-possibly the most overrated player in the history of the game.

Underrated, Tom Brady, Rodney Harrison

Tom Brady underrated? When was the last time you watched more than 5 minutes of Sportscenter without seeing his face? The guy manages a good game but damn he gets too much press to ever be called underrated.

djfresh47 said:
Derek Jeter as overrated is absolutely ridiculous. I hate the Yankees but has there been a player who is more clutch than him?
Or performed consistently year in and year out. Derek Jeter is not overrated.

ok is it over rated athelete or over rated player? McNabb, Champ Bailey and Charles Woodson are amazing athletes. They are some of the best in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom