Most overrated athletes? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overrated athletes?

Good one with Fiedler also. He's got all the hype of the 2nd or 3rd winningest QB or whatever, but the D did it for him.

Kobe is by far the MOST OVERATED player!!! He is great dont get me wrong but they let go of Shaq for him, if you do that he is supposed to be the savior. What happened? Lakers probably wont make the playoffs and the Heat have the best record in the East. Allen Iverson is also extremely overated, I could put up 50 points if I took 50 shots!
Overrated- Kobe, Iverson, Meshawn, Denvers RB's, Bill Parcells(not a player, but overrated none the less), Pedro Martinez, Yao Ming, Barry "The Roid" Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Champ Bailey, Clinton Portis.

Underrated- Randy McMichael, Chad Johnson, Albert Pujols, Lance Berkman, Lance Armstrong.

Overated, Aaron Brooks, Jerome Bettis (I just always thought he was a good runner once he got behind that Steelers O line) Eric Lindros (To be fair he may have turned out to be a great if he didnt such a ** **ty attitude)

Underated, Ricky Williams ( dont kill the messenger but when his head was into playing football I think he was the best runner in the game just a real flake off the field)

Curtis Martin (man is just a stud, has played behind some terrible o lines and still keeps it up plus a a real gentleman off the field)

overated:
Joe Namath, Joe Montana
Underrated:
"slingin'" Sammy Baugh

overrated:
Daunte Culpepper
underrated:
Will Witherspoon

Overrated: Michael Vick, Jake the Mistake Plummer, Donovan McNabb (where are they during big games????), NBA: Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, MLB:
A-Rod (notice how the Mariners and Rangers became good teams after he left).

Underated: Chris Chambers (wait until he gets a QB to throw him the ball).

OverHYPED: Entire Patriots Team. I can't even watch ESPN anymore without them menitoning something about the Patriots. It kills me everytime they compare Brady with Montana! Montana is a legend like Marino and Young. Brady has tons of years left to play to be even considered in their league.

PhiNomina said:
Tom Brady underrated? When was the last time you watched more than 5 minutes of Sportscenter without seeing his face? The guy manages a good game but damn he gets too much press to ever be called underrated.
..silly posts like this are why I put him in the underrated category, by fans he is. People still call him a "manager", give me a break, the guy is bound for Canton, he is the best Qb in the NFL. I hate the Pats but I give credit where its due, the guy hasnt lost in the playoffs, thats amazing, he plays flawlessly in the playoffs what more do u want? Manager, yeesh.:shakeno:

Brady and Bruschi are underrated.

Chambers definitely isn't - where's his 1000 yd season??

unifiedtheory said:
Overrated: Ray Lewis, Mike Vick, Any Bronco running back, Sergei Federov, Priest Holmes, Martin Broduer, Derek Jeter, Jake Plummer, Eric Lindros.

Underrated: Tom Brady, Hines Ward, Joe Sakic, Markus Naslund, Eric Chavez, Johan Santana.

I'm sure there are many more for both categories...
michael Vick is very overated as a QB! they should change hit to a RB and he can rush more and still throw HB passes

finsnchips said:
Brady and Bruschi are underrated.

Chambers definitely isn't - where's his 1000 yd season??
:roflmao: I think you put the wrong word up there! Tom Brady is no doubt the most overated QB in the NFL.

I could name plenty but I;ll name one pas/one present: Past: Deion Sanders (I would have taken Rod Woodson over him ANY day)
Present: Mike Vick. Yes, A great athlete but NOT a good QB. PERIOD. End of discussion.

Back
Top Bottom