Most overrated athletes? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overrated athletes?

fin-atic said:
Overrated:

Lebron James-Good, but not the "next Michael" as was sold.

what? So far he is ahead of Michael when Michael was his age. He looks like he has the ability to surpass him

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett
Priest Holmes????? No Way!! hes been thru s**t with injuries and hes a great back.

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett

A-Rod. I'd leave Marvin off tho.

Shamboubou said:
Why does it have to be a great white hope thing?? What does that have to do with his jersey sells??
You would be suprised how much his skin-color means to jersey sales (in many, but not all places). It is sad but true.

I'm glad people cleared up the Jeter thing. Jeter is one of the biggest come-thru players in sports. He simply DOES IT when it needs to be done.

And as for Marvin harrison...WHAAAAT -- This guy gets like 0% publicity...it took about 6 years for me to hear him say one word -- Yet he makes unbelievable grabs -- remember that one hander over everybody else diving sideways and backwards last season?? Remember the 120, 130+ reception season?

Scott Andrew said:
Rogers Clemens and Martin Brodeur are both no where near over-rated, they are both amazing at what they do
Martin Brodeur is possibly the most overrated athlete of our time. The guy has made a living playing behind a trap team. I'd LOVE to see him win a Stanley Cup by himself like Pat Roy did. Marty is a very good golatender...don't get me wrong but he has never had to carry a team on his back.

Anyone who says Roger Clemens is overrated knows nothing about sports. The guy has re-invented himself three times. ALL he has done is win. I'm the ultimate Yankee/Red Sox HATER but I will give Clemens props everyday of the week.

SOME PEOPLE on this Board have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about...Clemens overated??...Lebron James overated??...MELO overated??...Jeter the ****ing captain/general overated?...Deion Sanders overated??.

What a FRICKEN JOKE. :shakeno:

unifiedtheory said:
Martin Brodeur is possibly the most overrated athlete of our time. The guy has made a living playing behind a trap team. I'd LOVE to see him win a Stanley Cup by himself like Pat Roy did. Marty is a very good golatender...don't get me wrong but he has never had to carry a team on his back.
You've definitely got this wrong, although he is in no way the great Roy, he is surely not "OVER-rated", although in no way is he underrated. He has 3 stanley cups, has a lifetime 2.20 g.a.a., 2 vezinas, and 4 jennings awards... That's not all because of the the "trap"

musphinzfan said:
SOME PEOPLE on this Board have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about...Clemens overated??...Lebron James overated??...MELO overated??...Jeter the ****ing captain/general overated?...Deion Sanders overated??.

What a FRICKEN JOKE. :shakeno:

agreed...we have such an amazing amount of statistics that we keep on all athletes these days that we can go down the massive stat sheet on any athlete, find one negative thing and shout..."See, he's not as good as everyone says!!"
Every athlete you named is great and everyone was (for whatever reason) called out in this post.

Kobe Bryant, Michael Vick, Steve Francias, Amare Stoudamire, Tom Brady, Champ Bailey, Carmello Anthony, Kevin Garnett, Brian Urlacher, Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis, Chris Webber, Donovan McNabb.

Everyone's always hated Rick Fox. He's so ****y and not good.

Overrated:

Troy Aikman
Shannon Sharpe
Shaun Alexander
Vince Carter
Brian Urlacher
Jevon Kearse
Santana Moss

Underrated:

Jim Kelly
Dave Meggett
Joey Porter