Most overrated athletes? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overrated athletes?

I think Bruschi is overrated..but that's just me.

Other overrated players I think are Rashad McCants..he's let me down too much lately by missing wide open shots. I also think Clinton Portis is overrated. Obviously any Bronco or Chief RB is overrated because of their Oline.

Some underrated players I think are: hmmm...I'll have to think about this one..lol

Michael Vick - great as a running back pathetic as a quarterback. Relegates his team to running a college offensive system that can win a diluted nfl regular season game but will prevent any team from winning the super bowl with him at the helm

Overrated:
Stephan Marbury
every team he leaves (see Nets, Suns) immediately get better.
every team he joins (see Suns, Knicks) immediately get worse and can't improve.

Underated:
Gerry McNamera
One of the top 4/5 players in college basketball right now.

Rhody Phins Fan said:
No way is Tom Brady overrated when people are always comparing him to Joe Montana.
Oh yes, because the media is always right about everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------

NFL's Most overrated:

Mike Alstott- good guy, but does not deserve to constantly go to the Pro Bowl as a fullback, there are real fullbacks that deserve to go (am I the only one that is saddened that Henderson of the Packers went to the Pro Bowl for only the 1st time this year)

Jeremy Shockey-very good player . . . but Randy McMichael, Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and others are better.

The Seattle Seahawks-to think, people had them winning it all last year!

Eli Manning's potential-I just have yet to be convinced.

Santana Moss-As in "Santana Moss couldn't catch a cold."

Tom Brady-Two words:SYSTEM QUARTERBACK!

Brian Urlacher-good player, not half as good as advertised.

Underrated:

Randy McMichael-I don't just say that because I am a Dolphins fan.

Chad Johnson-behind all of the hype is one of the top 5 recievers in the game.

Fred Taylor-great . . . year in, year out.

Jimmy Smith, Joe Horn-ditto.

Reggie Wayne-actually had more yards receiving than Harrison last year.

Trent Green-to think, what could he do with some real wideouts?

The Redskins Defense-one of the top defenses, all without Arrington and Bailey.

Brian Westbrook-is there anything he can't do?

Michael Vick-does anyone honestly think he deserved to make the Pro Bowl this year? He is a great talent, but not on par with McNabb, Manning, Culpepper, etc.

Byron Leftwich-to think, he is only going to get better

Ben Roethlisberger-ditto

Hines Ward- also a top 5 wideout, even though no one knows it.

Nate Burleson- had one of the quietist 1,000 yard receiving seasons ever.

Issas Bruce-ditto.

Funny when I read the post "overrated" Keyshawn came to mind. Sure enough.

Harrison is by no means overrated. He has soft hands. He is similar to Jerry Rice in his prime. They both rarley dropped balls.

Overrated:
* Mike Vick - sure he is fast as h*ll but he isn't that great of a QB. If he didn't have his speed, he wouldn't be in the NFL thanks to his arm.

Underrated
* Trent Green - He is a great QB. I actually think he could put up Manning like numbers if he had 2 goods WR to throw to besides Gonzalez

* Randy McMichael - He is due a breakout year like Gates. Look for him to be Feeley's go to guy

Most overrated NFL player: Portis. Some of the best stats last year in Denver, Redskins only scored 20+ points twice (?) this season, I think.

Most overHYPED: Brett Favre (but not overrated). Great player, great guy, but my God am I tired of hearing about he's the model for players that have heart.

Most underrated: I agree with Nate Burleson being underrated. The Vikes' offense still dominated without Moss and it was mainly b/c of Burleson.

Most overrated NBA player: Vince Carter, although his numbers have improved with the Nets' record since the trade.
Most underrated NBA player: Andrei Kirilenko. The only reason he's not in the All-Star game is because he was hurt. This guy has Marshall Faulk / Brian Westbrook balanced game for an NBA forward.

Baseball overrated: Pedro
Baseball underrated: Doug Menceiwicz (no clue on the spelling)

Hockey...WHO CARES

Overrated the king is no one other than our own Fiedler. I mean how did this guy get in the nfl. He has been exposed but not after a long an extracted period of suffering.
Mc nabb a decent Qb but a bit overrated. Vick is imo a bit overrated as a passer of the ball but the guy can fly. Just not certain he will ever be a good Qb because he wants to run first.

Back
Top Bottom