Most overrated athletes? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most overrated athletes?

NIMA said:
Preist Holmes wins the award in my book. No one more recieves more praise for the work his O-line does. I mean he actually has the ability to walk in end zones when he wants with that line.

he is a master in letting blocks develop though, i didn´t saw the same with blaylock and johnson in there the rest of the year

fear-the-d said:
:roflmao: I think you put the wrong word up there! Tom Brady is no doubt the most overated QB in the NFL.
:roflmao: ... :shakeno:

no, Brady is underated.

I'd rather have a QB that plays like him and wins rather than a guy who can make all the throws like Manning, Culpepper and McNabb.

i think michael vick at the moment is overhyped, thats true, but he is a special player, he really has his TE as his go to guy, give him some receivers and more experience in the WCO he just played in for the first time as a pro and he will be a superstar.

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett
I disagree about Priest. As good as their line is he still manages to not only get a lot of touchdowns, but breaks the season record. That's like saying Peyton Manning is overrated because he's got a good o-line, best trio of WR's, 2 good TE's, and James... but what does he do with? Like Priest... takes advantage of it. 49 TD's another 4000 yard season. Just like Priest with his 28 TD's I believe he had last season. Yeah if either of them were on other teams they wouldn't have those statistics, but Priest is not overrated in my work. And as for Marvin Harrison, you're just way off. I agree with the rest you mentioned (for football.)

PhiNomina said:
Tom Brady underrated? When was the last time you watched more than 5 minutes of Sportscenter without seeing his face? The guy manages a good game but damn he gets too much press to ever be called underrated.
Only during the Super Bowl week. All season long when they talked about the best QB's it was Manning, Favre, Culpepper, etc. but nobody ever seemed to bring up Brady and all the guy does is win. I don't care if it's system or coaches or whatever, he wins and they win games b/c of him and rarely (thankfully Dec. 20, 2004 was an exception) lose games b/c of him. I keep hearing how his arm is average yet there isn't a throw I have not seen him make. The guy is clutch.

Overrated: Michael Vick - Anyone that has a "michael vick experience" commercial is overrated. After the Eagles held the ENTIRE FALCONS TEAM to under 100 yards rushing in the playoffs, they need to change that commercial to a handicapped kid getting smacked on the head with a baseball bat from an old lady to more accurately describe the Michael Vick experience :lol:

Ray Lewis - He WAS great, he is good. I dont think he is AS GOOD as his hype is up to be.

Any Denver RB not named Clinton Portis or Terrell Davis: Product of the system and their Oline. Portis and Davis were studs, the rest are overrated.

Half of the NBA : Most OVERPAID OVERRATED babies. God I hate the NBA. NBA scrubs make more than some stars in the NFL

All the NHL: Holy OVERPAID batman. I cant understand how certain NHL players can make 8-10 mil a season and are not even that much of impact players. Sergei Fedorov and the ENTIRE NY RANGERS come to mind. Im glad the NHL lost its season and I hope it loses half its fanbase. I played hockey all through highschool and into college and I was a huge fan until this season. They NHL players are so stinkin greedy it sickens me.

Kevin Millwood : ******* screwed over my Phillies when they overpaid for his overrated butt then stunk it up in Philly.

Any MLB player on roids: I wonder how small their pensi's shrank from the roids. Anyone can juice out 40 home runs when they are takin shots in their bum.

Ben Roethlisberger - He was a GOOD QB, but he was way overhyped. He had a great Oline and a great WR corps and a great RB corps.... matter of fact, he was prolly the 2nd weakest position on their offense next to their TE corps IMO. Dont get me wrong, I think hes going to be a stud, but he got WAY overhyped this season and he really didnt do much.

AJDWCC said:
overrated: Kobe Bryant and Champ Bailey

Back-up yourself when you say Kobe and Champ are overrated. They are both great players, and are rated exactly where they should be.

The most overrated player in the league has to be Brian Urlacher.
Good, not great player. He was the great white hope at MLB, and even led the NFL in jersey sales a few years back.
In fact, Sportsline or something along those lines had a poll about this not too long ago, and Urlacher won it.

Philter25 said:
Ray Lewis - He WAS great, he is good. I dont think he is AS GOOD as his hype is up to be.

thats a good one that people overlook sometimes.
He is great, hes a probowler and game-changer...but slow down on the hype.

There was a great piece on CNNSI's website a couple months back were the writer was saying he can't count how many times he saw Lewis jump on or roll over piles, then roll of the piles kicking his legs and pumping his fists.

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

Overrated: Warren Sapp, Ty Law, Sammy Sosa, Priest Holmes, Rueben Droughns, Derek Jeter, Roger Clemens, Keyshawn Johnson, Brad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

Underrated: Chris Chambers, Troy Palomalu, Andre Johnson, Sam Madison, Fred Beasley, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter, Johan Santana, Carl Crawford, Edgar Renteria, Adam Everett
Holmes, Harrison and Clemens overrated? I think you must have a history judging olympic sports for the Soviet Union

Overrated:

Vick, by far. Can't do anything but run.

Lebron James-Good, but not the "next Michael" as was sold.

Chad Pennington- Top of the list.

Underrated:

Randy McMichael

Miguel Cabrerra

Rogers Clemens and Martin Brodeur are both no where near over-rated, they are both amazing at what they do

spydertl79 said:
I'll start

\

just stop now. derek jeter overrated? have u ever watched a playoff game where he DIDNT do anything??? Marvin harrison overrated as well?? dont u kno he holds the record for most catched in a season? cmelens is one of the 5 best pitchers to EVER put on a uniform. chris chambers is a good athlete and a good player but he hanst even had a 1000 yard season yet so i cant say hes over rated or under rated.

Overrated
ALL-TIME - Babe Ruth - god-like?? c'mon???

here's a more current top-10:
1. Jason Sehorn
2. Charles Woodson
3. Chad Pennington
4. John Lynch
5. Stephon Marburry
6. Keshawn Johnson
7. Carmelo Anthony
8. Brian Urlacher
9. Richard Jefferson
10. Maurice Clarrett

Underrated
1. Derrick Mason
2. Curtis Martin
3. Steve Nash
4. Jimmie Smith
5. Benard Hopkins
6. Deuce McAllister
7. Joe Horn
8. Hines Ward
9. Cadillac Williams
10. Warrick Dunn

ghost of marino said:
The most overrated player in the league has to be Brian Urlacher.
Good, not great player. He was the great white hope at MLB, and even led the NFL in jersey sales a few years back.
In fact, Sportsline or something along those lines had a poll about this not too long ago, and Urlacher won it.
Why does it have to be a great white hope thing?? What does that have to do with his jersey sells??

Back
Top Bottom