Most underrated/overrated players on team and league | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most underrated/overrated players on team and league

PhinDude88 said:
You aren't Dokar Ivel are you?

If he was he would just start thread after thread about weird things. Then become a normal poster. :lol:

GreenMonster said:
Brett Favre are you serious. Maybe this guy gets alot of praise because he has 3 MVP's (only guy ever to have 3), 4th highest winnning % as a starter, 1 SuperBowl ring, and has started 189 games straight. Favre to me is one of the alltime greats.

Yes im serious, and yes he is one of the all time greats. But what does him having three superbowl rings have to do with him throwing picks in the playoffs now? Hes lost the packers alot of playoff games within the last couple of years because of his interceptions. Right now he is an over hyped and over rated player. The media acts as if he can carry a team through the playoffs still, which he has obviously shown he cant.

Wagon Circler said:
Dude it's the NFC. All the Falcons had to do was step over a bunch of bums to get there.

The comparison to the bills is a real bad one. They WON four straight AFC championships. I'm not on here saying the Eagles are overrated.

yeah, you also fail to mention that the AFC was complete garbage when Buffalo had their four year failure streak. The early 1990s were DOMINATED by the NFC. So it is a fair comparison, the 2005 NFC is comparable to the 1992 AFC. Both crap.

The most overrater player in dolphins history is Zach Thomas, he is always getting ranned over, when have u ever seen this guy in a 4 and 1, and make a hard hitting tackle 4 a lost, his #s are good but when u need him the most he just cant do it

Negmaron said:
The most overrater player in dolphins history is Zach Thomas, he is always getting ranned over, when have u ever seen this guy in a 4 and 1, and make a hard hitting tackle 4 a lost, his #s are good but when u need him the most he just cant do it

Saw him stop Michael Vick in his tracks on the goal line I once did. Hit him so hard a concussion he got.

Underrated: Jake Delhomme

Everything he has done the last two years screams he is a top 6 or 8 QB but he is never mentioned in that regard. His road/neutral site playoff performances in '03 were terrific, always a great measuring stick for QBs. Delhomme is excellent in the statistical categories I chart. Yet in a thread here a few weeks ago many posters were labeling Delhomme as mediocre, if not garbage.

Overrated: Larry Chester

Not leaguewise, but certainly on this board. Just more proof line play is talked about but seldom watched. How can posters denounce Ogunleye as merely benefitting from Taylor on the other side while never applying the identical principle to Chester in regard to Tim Bowens next to him? Absolutely incredible. I've focused on Chester and he does nothing. Can't read, react or tackle. A 60 minute stationary belly bump.

I don't want to get into the Dan Marino debate. Certainly as a player he was not overrated. But as a Dolphin fan I found his career, particularly after the '85 AFC championship game, to be a perennial yawn. I seldom paid much attention. We were obviously so limited yet so ignorant and ****y, a remarkable combination. Thank heaven the Canes came around at the same time with legit swagger and skill. I'm truly amazed there are so many Marino worshippers here, yet almost zero posters honoring Griese or Csonka or Warfield or the greats from our real glory era. I guess it's simply time and age.

Overrated players: Mike Vick QB (what's the point if he can't get it to his Wr's), Priest Holmes RB (Huggies Johnson proved that anyone can run in that system with that O-Line).

Underrated players: Jason Whitten TE (the guy is better than Shockey yet so many rate Shockey they better TE) Jake Delhomme QB (a very decent QB that IMO can bring this team back to the playoffs this year if the team stays healthy)

Negmaron said:

Troll

Underrated: Issac Bruce One of the great receivers of his generation. By the time he retires, he will be among the top 3 of all time in yards and receptions. He also had one of the single greatest seasons of all time. A great route runner, clutch perfromer and fierce competitor that often gets overlooked because of Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk. At only 31, he is younger than Marvin Harrison and put up top five WR numbers yet again last year - despite missing some time due to injuries.

Overrated:Tom Brady Why is everyone here saying hes overrated? There is so much man-love for Brady around the league that he is now a sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer. I just dont get it. Hes a good QB in a great system with FANTASTIC coaching. Tons of other guys - Marc Bulger, Jake Plummer, Trent Green, Byron Leftwich, Dante Culpepper - could have directed the Pats' Bellicheck-led offense to the SB. The media and fans need a hero on the Pats to crown, and Brady is the guy that gets nominated most frequently. But if I were starting a team from scratch, there are 8-10 QB's I would select before him.

Slappy8800 said:
overrated: Vick
underrated:
over hyped: Roethlisberger

How can you say Vick is overrated the best athlete in the league and hes overrated your crazy he might be streaky and have a bad game here and there but there is no way he is overrated. Big Ben deserves all the hype a rookie QB that wins all of his regular season starts 14-0 and then just comes up just short of the Super Bowl I don't know many rookie QB that have done that ohh wait noone has actually done that.

overrated NFL:Champ Bailey,Charles Woodson,Warren Sapp
Overrated Dolphins: Boston maybe he'll turn it around
Underrated NFL: Rod Smith, Derrick Mason, Joey Porter
Underrated Dolphins: Chambers, Mcmicheal, Thomas you never hear zach being put in the same catogory as the best linebackers in the league he had over 100 tackles and he was injured half the year.

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but to say that Brady is overrated is ridiculious. Coaching is part of his sucess but i would bet that everyone thinks that Chambers is better than all of the receivers Brady has to throw to. He had Dillon for 1 of his superbowls so 2 of them were with awful running backs. Dont label someone overratted because your jealous just realize when someone is real good

NFL overated: Keyshawn Johnson
underated: AJ Feeley (joke)

Dolphins overated: Patrick Surtain
underated: Donald Lee

Overated: Ray Lewis (Not the player he was a few seasons ago) , Priest Holmes (Good player, great nose for the endzone but yards are largely a product of great o-line)

Underated: Derrick Mason, Kevin Williams

Back
Top Bottom