Motorsports | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

Anyone catch the Nascar event at Chicago today? That Kiwi that won - Shane VanGisbergan - 1st attempt in a NASCAR by the way, is our 3 time V8 Supercar champion, Bathurst winner, NZ Grand Prix winner, podium finisher in his first attempt at a World Rally Championship event in NZ, Drift champion. Has some talent and just wins. 2025 I expect he will be in the States full time doing the Xfinity series or the main game.

Yeah, I was watching and thinking of you. I remember watching the Bathurst race you posted. Was rooting for him to beat the NASCAR regulars. Ended up being a pretty good race.

Almost had karting disaster the other day. Throttle stuck and I had to grab the kart to keep it from launching without driver. I normally start engine while in seat but these Super Stock engines have more compression and are harder to pull start than our normal engines. Really need a helper to start you while in kart. Live and learn.

podium.jpg

Made it back in town and raced at Wilmington on Sunday. I had my best finish ever spanning 7 years and over 25 races at the track finishing 2nd on the podium. I thought I had a chance at my first win there but finished 5 seconds behind Braden who is 40 years younger than me. When I saw him at the track, I knew I was probably racing for 2nd. But I'll take it. One step closer to that elusive win.

IMG_2139.jpeg

My brother get his first win in over 2 years at Whiteland Raceway Park this past weekend. The track has live Facebook broadcast of race. I watched and recorded from Michigan while taking care of my mom. Our race team is split right now. One watches mom and the other races. So happy for him.

Free live stream of Sprint Nationals. My brother and I qualify just before noon in Legend class. We also have 2 heat races after that one in the afternoon and one under the lights at Charlotte Motor Speedway. It the biggest 4 karting event ever in the US with over 500 entries. My brother and I will be racing against the best 40 of best 50 years and older kart racers in the continent with entries from 16 states and Canada.

Back
Top Bottom