Moulds Cries Poor Mouth, Dolphins Report No Injuries, Phins Unveil New D Plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moulds Cries Poor Mouth, Dolphins Report No Injuries, Phins Unveil New D Plays

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a couple of quick hits.

Moulds Cries Poor Mouth
"They double-teamed me the whole game and basically said, 'You're not going to be the guy to beat us tonight,' " Moulds said.

I find that funny. He's been the #1 receiver in Buffalo forever and NOW when he vomits all over himself during a game that he was supposed to be geeked up for, he blames double teaming as if that doesn't happen to him every single game.

Phins Win on the Injury Front
Notes: The Dolphins reported no injuries. ... The Bills had no turnovers in two victories over Miami last season. ... Clements has six interceptions in his past three games against Miami, including two returned for touchdowns. ... Miami improved to 10-2 when Williams rushes for at least 100 yards.

After running Ricky into the ground and participating in this all-out SLUGFEST, the Dolphins walk away winners in perhaps the most important stat...injuries. No injuries happened during the game, none that are reportable anyway. EXCELLENT NEWS.

Gregg Williams gives Ricky his props, OL too
"He's the best back in the league," Bills coach Gregg Williams said. "They controlled the line of scrimmage. They were more physical in the trenches."

Glad to see Williams is a fan of Ricky. He certainly sat back and watched last year as Ricky ran for like 4000 yards in the second game last year. Unfortunately for us, that was one of the two losses in which Ricky ran for 100+ yards in.

New Defensive Formations

Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed them, but I am not talking about just zone coverage, but rather zone blitz schemes. I think we flirted with a few of them the past two weeks but didn't really head full into them. In one very peculiar formation, just prior to the snap, the defensive line bunched tighter together, Junior Seau went up to the line of scrimmage as the RDE replacing Jason Taylor, who peeled off the line of scrimmage and took his place right next to his brother in law Zach Thomas as a 2nd MLB. On the snap, Jason Taylor was able to break at a dead run and use his phenomenal athletic ability to blitz through the center of the offensive line. It really did put a lot of pressure on Bledsoe and it was plays like these that made me very hopeful for the prospects of the Miami Defense this year.

I knew that if the defense got the hang of these new schemes they should give us an edge because it should keep teams guessing down the stretch with what we are going to do and how we are going to play them...but its all for naught if your team does not execute these unfamiliar plays well. Today they really impressed me with their timing and execution of plays that must be completely alien to these guys after years upon years of running a vanilla man on man flat out 'beat me' scheme. Particularly the timing of Junior's blitzes seemed very very good...head and shoulders above our feeble attempts to blitz more in other years when we had not gone through the growing pains of getting use to those kinds of plays.

These new schemes and changing of game plans...makes me wonder.

Should we start calling our D-Coordinator Jim Batesichick?

Yeah, it was obvious the defense was better prepared to run their new packages tonight. They kept the Bills offense guessing all night.

The defense was nothing short of incredible tonight. We should be very happy with that unit.

yes.. i noticed them also.. gonna watch the game again tomorrow.. since i know the outcome already hehe

This is probably the most exciting game i have seen on a defencive standpoint. The entire game our linebackers were practicly dancing around confusing the offence. They were just feeding eachother their energy. Even Greenwood got into it.

I noticed that blitz scheme with JT as well and I was quite impressed. The amount of motion and movement the defense was throwing at the Jills was absolutely causing their heads to spin; IT WAS AWESOME!!! :D

Moulds wasn't even doubled all night. I watched his azz all night. He was 1-on-1 with Madison ALOT.

Put the spit back in your mouth along with your TWO catches, loser!

Teams just are NOT USE to seeing the Miami Dolphins defense do stuff like this. Maybe later in the year they will get use to it a bit more. Maybe this kind of stuff will only pay dividends against division foes who THINK they know us.

But I know one thing. When a team starts to plan for Miami's "all out" package blitzing and defensive trickery, any given time of the game Miami can sit back in constant man to man and flat out play the other team and they SHOULD be able to beat them. Versatility is such a sweet thing.

there was a lot made of the fact that buffalo seemed to add all those new people "seemlessly". and the phins seemed to struggle. it occures to me that buffalo just added personel. their scheme didn't really change much. the phins not only added personel, they changed D philosophy. they had more to overcome. the "new" bills just had to "fit in" with the present scheme and players.

i was hoping that it was just a matter of time for miami's D to jell. i hoe they can continue improving through out the year.

Well Takeo was added so early that he had a good while to adjust to the new scheme. Posey too. Sam Adams a little late, but do you actually know how thick the defensive tackle playbook is? Its like 2 pages.

Lawyer Milloy, he is VERY impressive in how quickly he adapted to that scheme. But lets face it, every fricking week Bill Belichick has been handing that entire defense new defensive playbooks for like 3 years now! The guy has become a professional at learning different schemes...and the Buffalo scheme doesn't change from week to week!

Makes you realize, if any other New England defensive player gets the axe, Miami could probably snap him up rather quickly and incorporate him seamlessly into the defense.

Junior Seau and Sammy Knight had played one particular way pretty much most of their careers. That makes it tough to switch.

my point was that the entire D had to re-learn. buffalos scheme did not change, they just added some new players. no doubt they took to the scheme quickely and they are impressive compared to last year. bates was changing a philosophy that had been established since '96. i think that has something to do with the team slow to adjustment as well.

I think you're slightly overestimating the extent to which Bates changed the defensive philosophy. The new plays are probably used only about 20% on average, and the new schemes did not encompass all of our mistakes on defense.

The missed tackles were done for the most part by guys who have been here forever, playing in the same scheme that they were playing with on that down, and they just missed the tackle. Thats why none of our defensive personnel were worried whatsoever about the miscues. They knew it was the simple stuff, the fundamentals that they were screwing up. If it was growing pains of a completely new scheme, you probably would have seen a whole lot more questioning of the validity of the new schemes.

I don't think you are wrong, you are definitely right in part, I just think that its too simplistic of an answer and doesn't account for most of the breakdowns.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
These new schemes and changing of game plans...makes me wonder.

Should we start calling our D-Coordinator Jim Batesichick?

Excellent observations CK, and I also noticed that they were moving the DE's outside a few feet from the Offensive Tackles, giving them a more straight angle at Bedsoe. They did this a few times in a row, then the fourth time they blitzed inbetween the holes left from the Tackles moving out farther than usual.

Thats a Billychek type scheme!

Wgt Baitsm

that's cool. i just follow as a simple fan. thought maybe there was more to the struggles than met the eye.

doesn't matter now anyway. they got it together in the most appropriate of time.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I watched his azz all night.

Did you, now. Was it that tight bottom we're used to seeing?? Or has he let himself go. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom