Moulds Cries Poor Mouth, Dolphins Report No Injuries, Phins Unveil New D Plays | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moulds Cries Poor Mouth, Dolphins Report No Injuries, Phins Unveil New D Plays

Absolutely. There was definitely a learning curve involved in these first three games, and we are by no means off the curve yet. I think it also took the D a little time to get into season form, with the tackling and whatnot.

Our biggest test on defense will be when we face off I think against a team that truly is a double threat running and passing. Against a one dimensional attack we can game plan you out of scoring points. We let Vinny toss for near 400 yards against us, yet only 10 points. Not a coincidence. Buffalo had to abandon the run game after we stifled it then snuffed it out by injuring Henry.

It was the Texans that were able to come out and run on us with Stacey Mack. They kept us off balance enough to score 21 points.

Things I noticed.
- Ogunleye out in coverage
- Was that Buckley lined up as a DE???

We also shoulda had 4 INT's........Seau was so primed on making the hit he let an INT fly right by him lol.

The Giants should be tough in that they have a dangerous RB in Tiki Barber (who just seems to always produce), a gunner at QB (Collins, coming off a 4000 yard season), and a very big and fast receiving corps that includes Amani Toomer, Ike Hilliard, and Jeremy Shockey.

not to mention the phins showed them no respect. they are better than just an expansion team and proved it against miami week one. miami should have at least squeeked that one out. maybe for the better they lost. the D seems to have found themselves again.

Originally posted by Muck

Did you, now. Was it that tight bottom we're used to seeing?? Or has he let himself go. :tongue:

:yell: :lol:

I don't know. Maybe I'm falling into a trap but I tend to think the Giants will be a cake walk for us.

I just don't think they are physical enough to beat us. And I love Tiki, I love Amani, and lord knows I love Shockey...and I respect Fassel as one of the top 2 or 3 playcallers in the game. It just seems to me that the whole is not equal to the sum of their parts. I don't particularly like Kerry Collins.

Wow, Shockey and McMicheal head to head next game. I imagine McMicheal will be geeked to outdo the more famous sophomore tight end.

I must admit, I wasn't a fan of our new "wrinkles." However, after watchign tonight and seeing the different matchups and schemes and seeing how they completely shut down Buffalo's offense, I was impressed.

If they can continue to play like this on defense and Ricky, Chambers and McMicheal produce on offense, wow.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I don't know. Maybe I'm falling into a trap but I tend to think the Giants will be a cake walk for us.

Not me. I am geeked about this win, but I have very vivid memories of losing to the Giants just about every time we play them. Of course, these are different teams but it still makes me wary.

On the Bledsoe int to Marion he had Travis Henry wide open. There were alot of breakdowns.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
It just seems to me that the whole is not equal to the sum of their parts. I don't particularly like Kerry Collins.

Kerry Collins is similar to Bledsoe...whereas you get pressure into his face and he makes bad decisions and mistakes that cost the game....he is also known to cough it up too.
He needs time to throw it.

Miami has to play aggressively like they played the Bills. The Giants are not as good as advertised.

2nd receiver open, too.

Originally posted by Sherif
On the Bledsoe int to Marion he had Travis Henry wide open. There were alot of breakdowns.

Actually, there was a 2nd receiver open, too.

And there were A LOT of false starts and dropped balls and all and all sloppy play. Had the Bills brought their "A" game it would have been tighter.

That said, the 'PHINS made some dumb plays, not the least of which was Fiedler and Chambers failing to connect on that long pass. It could have broken the Bills back. And there were other plays... like when Fiedler failed to run for the first down on that one play and, instead, threw incomplete.

So... let enjoy this victory BUT lets remember that there are still 13 games left to play against MANY MORE tough opponents.

Though, bottom line, what SWEET victory. :D

GO 'PHINS!

The Dolphins can definitely take the Giants. It won't be easy but I was not impressed when I watched their game a week ago against the Cowboys. Kerry Collins is the stereotypical QB to be rattled by our defense, especially if the D plays like they did last night. By the way, is the bye coming at a good time or what, especially for Ricky? 42 carries.....WOW!!

Back
Top Bottom