Moving Wallace- A Closer Look | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Wallace- A Closer Look

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
From everything I have seen, the team has not made any decision on keeping or moving Wallace. Here's a closer look at what should be considered.

Production

Wallace caught 67 of 108 targets for 862 yards, a 12.9 average. That's not hard to replace.
He had 10 TD's, 1 over 20 in the air, tied for #9 with Maclin and Ashton Jeffery. All of other WR's had a better average and many more yards. Aside from Dez and A Brown, they were targeted 8 to 30 times more than Wallace. Don't know if that can be replaced or, if he can do the same this year.

Cap Hit

He costs $12M this year. If he is moved, we only save $2.5M this year, with $9.6 in dead money. However, the $9.6M comes back to us next year, along with saving his salary of another $12M, and the same $12M in 2017.

The team can easily use the $2.5M savings to sign a player or two to a cheap first year, and pay the balance next year when we would have $21.6M available with moving Wallace.

Being A Pain In The Ass

No matter how you spin it, he quit on his team in the last game and does not get along with Tannehill.

Does Lazor's scheme have some to do with that? Yes but, Lazor is not going anywhere.

Does Tannehill have some to do with it? Yes but, Tannehill is not going anywhere.

Who does that leave as the odd man who should be out?

Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic.
Note: BBcode and smileys are still usable.

I've been saying it and I'll keep saying it till the draft is over...devin ****ing smith.

He will be hard to replace...screw all those numbers...without him, the box will have one extra person in it and the blitz dial ups will be frequent... Lets not have a "Get Rid Of Brandon Marshall" situation again... this team is not very good and can't benefit from the addition by subtraction approach..

p.s I'm sure Sons of Shula will down vote this and add reputation to my profile... mark my words

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be hard to replace...screw all those numbers...without him, the box will have one extra person in it and the blitz dial ups will be frequent... Lets not have a "Get Rid Of Brandon Marshall" situation again... this team is not very good and can't benefit from the addition by subtraction approach

I hear what your saying and I agree he adds more to the offense than the numbers say, but what do we do when it happens again next year if he does stay? because deep down we all know it will.

I think he is too expensive to cut this year. I think his attitude sucks, but they have to find a way to make it work.

He will be hard to replace...screw all those numbers...without him, the box will have one extra person in it and the blitz dial ups will be frequent... Lets not have a "Get Rid Of Brandon Marshall" situation again... this team is not very good and can't benefit from the addition by subtraction approach

NFL numbers do matter. If you thing differently, tell me which good players had bad numbers or, which bad players had good one's?

Lazor's O in spreading the D is what has 6 in the box, not Wallace, and it would be the same with another WR who could easily put up the same numbers, with a question on TD's, depending on who we replace him with.

Maybe it's just me, and a bit of old school but, when a player quits on his team, I want nothing more to do with him.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I think he is too expensive to cut this year. I think his attitude sucks, but they have to find a way to make it work.

I have shown where that is not the case.

NFL numbers do matter. If you thing differently, tell me which good players had bad numbers or, which bad players had good one's?

Lazor's O in spreading the D is what has 6 in the box, not Wallace, and it would be the same with another WR who could easily put up the same numbers, with a question on TD's, depending on who we replace him with.

Maybe it's just me, and a bit of old school but, when a player quits on his team, I want nothing more to do with him.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I have shown where that is not the case.

No you didn't. Sorry.

You keep Wallace this year and next year you can cut him save 9 million.

It is not responsible to release him this year. Plus, maybe Joe actually coached up someone as opposed to simply kicking them to the curb.

Savings in 2015 2.5. Savings in 2016 9.3. Simple math.

Suck it up and acquire talent not take it away.

Have to agree that they need to keep him and figure it out. It's undoubtedly Philbin's and Hickey's last stand and I can't believe they would diminish the talent. He has tremendous play making ability and they have to fix the disconnect.

Savings in 2015 2.5. Savings in 2016 9.3. Simple math.

Suck it up and acquire talent not take it away.

You're not paying attention. Savings in 2015 are $2.5M BUT, savings in 2016 are $21.6M. BIG difference.

You're not paying attention. Savings in 2015 are $2.5M BUT, savings in 2016 are $21.6M. BIG difference.

I am paying attention and I am not taking the brutal cap hit you are suggesting for next season.

Idk I don't think it's worth cutting him this year , esp with what he does allow us to do on offense. And despite quitting on his team, I don't doubt Wallace is a passionate player and for him to quit during the last game a meaningless game at that in what turns out to be an overwhelmingly meaningless season.... Havibg had time to reflect he needs a coach to actually coach him and redeem himself in the eyes of his teammates.

Back
Top Bottom