Moving Wallace- A Closer Look | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Wallace- A Closer Look

You try everything possible to replace the bum and if it is not feasible then stick with him another year. But plan on seeing more of this if he stays another season.

wallacebench_zps92db3271-1.jpg

Don't get me wrong. What he did Week 17 was unacceptable. However, the leaders of the team and the HC have to find a way to get through the year and them can him if he is unproductive in '15.

Don't get me wrong. What he did Week 17 was unacceptable. However, the leaders of the team and the HC have to find a way to get through the year and them can him if he is unproductive in '15.

His behavioral issues aren't relegated to week 17.

I am paying attention and I am not taking the brutal cap hit you are suggesting for next season.

Then you are not understanding how the cap works. The "brutal cap hit" is for this year, and then comes back to us next year. As a result, the team can very easily use next year's cap savings to sign FA's this year. It's not all that complicated. You pay a player little this year, and make it up next year when the cap hit comes back. Simple math, and I think players will trust the Dolphins to be able to pay them next year. :)

Idk I don't think it's worth cutting him this year , esp with what he does allow us to do on offense. And despite quitting on his team, I don't doubt Wallace is a passionate player and for him to quit during the last game a meaningless game at that in what turns out to be an overwhelmingly meaningless season.... Havibg had time to reflect he needs a coach to actually coach him and redeem himself in the eyes of his teammates.

IYO, what does he really allow us to do?

Why have I read that he didn't opt out that Philbin benched him for calling out the coaches at halftime? Also Lazor offense doesn't back the defense out of the box. The Jets proved that as soon as Wallace went out the stacked the box, pinned their ears back and brought the house.

Then you are not understanding how the cap works. The "brutal cap hit" is for this year, and then comes back to us next year. As a result, the team can very easily use next year's cap savings to sign FA's this year. It's not all that complicated. You pay a player little this year, and make it up next year when the cap hit comes back. Simple math, and I think players will trust the Dolphins to be able to pay them next year. :)

Holy ****…I know how the cap works and I DON'T want the hit for this ****ing year. I get it…you want to can him now for more money in 2016. I do not want to do that.

BTW, if you release Wallace you will have to spend money filling his position with a player or players. I am assuming your idea is not filling his role "in house".

Why have I read that he didn't opt out that Philbin benched him for calling out the coaches at halftime? Also Lazor offense doesn't back the defense out of the box. The Jets proved that as soon as Wallace went out the stacked the box, pinned their ears back and brought the house.

Are you really serious or, just joking?

Remember that guy that quit? Neither does anyone else.

Dispose of our trash and move on. Cut Wallace.

Are you really serious or, just joking?

In which part? Several reporters have claimed Philbin benched Wallace during the second half for calling out coaches in the locker room. Or about the attention Wallace draws in the field? If you are going to deny that you aren't even worth talking too.

Holy ****…I know how the cap works and I DON'T want the hit for this ****ing year. I get it…you want to can him now for more money in 2016. I do not want to do that.

BTW, if you release Wallace you will have to spend money filling his position with a player or players. I am assuming your idea is not filling his role "in house".

Why would you not want to do that? As far as signing FA's the money is the same if they get it this year or next year. The cap on Wallace is not an issue.

The issue is if he is worth keeping, and I do not think he is. I believe we can replace his production in a #1 pick and FA. I'm more concerned with Tannehill's continued development than a Wallace, who is nothing special.

Why would you not want to do that? As far as signing FA's the money is the same if they get it this year or next year. The cap on Wallace is not an issue.

The issue is if he is worth keeping, and I do not think he is. I believe we can replace his production in a #1 pick and FA. I'm more concerned with Tannehill's continued development than a Wallace, who is nothing special.

Why do I want to keep him? Because if this regime is coming back because of "continuity" and the development of the QB, why are suggesting releasing Wallace….AND Hartline….AND Gibson….AND not re-signing Clay.

IMO, I am only cutting Gibson. The rest I bring back or in Clay's case, re-sign.

In which part? Several reporters have claimed Philbin benched Wallace during the second half for calling out coaches in the locker room. Or about the attention Wallace draws in the field? If you are going to deny that you aren't even worth talking too.

He quit this was from Darlington and Armando said same.

Wallace wasn’t “benched,” according to several sources. It wasn’t initially “coach’s decision.” Wallace told Philbin he didn’t want to play.
8:15 PM - 28 Dec 2014

It went both ways. After Clay's TD Wallace quit and pulled himself from the game. When Wallace changed his mind and decided to return, Philbin continued to fulfill his original request and actions of acting like a ****ing ***** and kept him on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom